It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarkozy Wants to 'Hit Libya' - NATO Agrees to Plan For Military Options

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
NATO Plans Military Options

BRUSSELS, Belgium | NATO’s defense ministers share concern about Moammar Gadhafi's escalating attacks on the Libyan people and have agreed to plan for all military options, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said here yesterday.

Speaking at a news conference after a meeting of the alliance’s defense ministers, Gates added that NATO will act only “if there is demonstrable need, a sound legal basis and strong regional support” for military action.

NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said the alliance is prepared for whatever it may be required to do.
“NATO is united, NATO is vigilant, NATO is ready to act,” he said

It sounds to me than they are planning more and more everyday. I think it is only a matter of time until NATO begins bombing runs and initiates the no-fly zone.

Sarkozy Wants Airstikes on Libya

FRENCH president Nicolas Sarkozy wants EU leaders to back air strikes against the Gaddafi regime in Libya, it was claimed yesterday.

Asked if Britain would follow suit, officials in London said the UK was "taking it step by step."

Last night, Nato chiefs denied there had been any discussion about the possibility of air strikes - but the French government refused to comment.

Sounds like Sarkozy wants to go in as soon as possible.

I highly doubt that there were no discussions about air strikes. The first article just said NATO has agreed to plan for all military operations.

new topics

join