It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredibly Advanced Concepts in 5,000 Year Old Hindu Scripture!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
www.world-mysteries.com...

The Indian Emperor Ashoka started a "Secret Society of the Nine Unknown Men": great Indian scientists who were supposed to catalogue the many sciences. Ashoka kept their work secret because he was afraid that the advanced science catalogued by these men, culled from ancient Indian sources, would be used for the evil purpose of war, which Ashoka was strongly against, having been converted to Buddhism after defeating a rival army in a bloody battle.

The "Nine Unknown Men" wrote a total of nine books, presumably one each. Book number was "The Secrets of Gravitation!" This book, known to historians, but not actually seen by them dealt chiefly with "gravity control." It is presumably still around somewhere, kept in a secret library in India, Tibet or elsewhere (perhaps even in North America somewhere). One can certainly understand Ashoka's reasoning for wanting to keep such knowledge a secret, assuming it exists. if the Nazis had such weapons at their disposal during World War Ii. Ashoka was also aware devastating wars using such advanced vehicles and other "futuristic weapons" that had destroyed the ancient Indian "Rama Empire" several thousand years before

Very interesting read.

engineeringebook.co.cc...

The sansrit documents found depicted a craft that could have flown to any planet!

en.wikipedia.org...

Shivkar Bapuji Talpade, India; 1895

The Sanskrit scholar Shivkar Bapuji Talpade designed an unmanned aircraft called Marutsakthi (meaning Power of Air), supposedly based on Vedic technology. It is claimed that it took off before a large audience in the Chowpathy beach of Bombay and flew to a height of 1,500 feet. Historian Evan Koshtka described Talpade as the ‘first creator of an aircraft’

There has been such a blanket/veil put on the the documents from the East, yet coveted by all the para military and powers that be for ages I take it.

Gate keeping and preventing equal education is something that I find repulsive and beyond any form of rationalization.
edit on 29-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Hi All,
I find this thread fascinating and again it looks like nothing is new under the sun but TPTB are keeping a close lid on our distant past because if we are to know the truth about it - it will ruin the false image they have carefully created .
Congrats to the OP

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
If the ancient Hindus had such amazing technology, well, there would be archaeological artifacts of such technology. Spacecraft are nice, but I think the ancients could have done pretty well with a steam engine in 500 BC. But they didn't. We'd all be speaking Sanskrit.

More to the point, any real historian would need to look at primary sources (in ancient languages) and make sure to discard or at least be skeptical of less reliable translations made after modern science is known.

It's the same thing as a bible scholar looking at Christian translations of the Hebrew bible---there were strong desires to interpret various passages as being more prophetic of Christian episodes than a neutral interpretation might have suggested.
edit on 31-3-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel
If the ancient Hindus had such amazing technology, well, there would be archaeological artifacts of such technology. Spacecraft are nice, but I think the ancients could have done pretty well with a steam engine in 500 BC. But they didn't. We'd all be speaking Sanskrit.

More to the point, any real historian would need to look at primary sources (in ancient languages) and make sure to discard or at least be skeptical of less reliable translations made after modern science is known.

It's the same thing as a bible scholar looking at Christian translations of the Hebrew bible---there were strong desires to interpret various passages as being more prophetic of Christian episodes than a neutral interpretation might have suggested.

Read the quotes. It isn't modern disinfo new age that is making claims, but discovered and brought up in past centuries, and taken seriously by many including Carl Sagen.

Following the blueprints, created a craft that flew prior to the Marx Brothers before the turn of the 20th Century!

The information speaks for itself.

All we get fed is paradigm boxes.
edit on 31-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
What a load of crap. They believed the earth sat on a turtle. And for your information the earth being a sphere is written in the O.T Book of Isaiah.

Originally posted by mbkennel

That's not true at all. The translators of the KJV were all highly educated with the ability to speak several languages. There are Christians in Israel which read from the Hebrew.
In the time of Jesus Christ the Old Testament had already been translated to Greek and they read from the Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek. Jesus quoted the O.T when speaking of Himself. The New Testament hadn't been written yet. There is more proof for the reliability of the New Testament than any other ancient text.
edit on 30-4-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by nakiel
Great post, but you should filter your sources;
Swami Devamrita is not a reliable source!

Atharva-veda 20.41.1-3

'With bones of Dadhyach for his arms, Indra, resistless in attack, Struck nine-and-ninety Vritras dead, He, searching for the horse's head, removed among the mountains, found at Saryanâvân what he sought. Then verily they recognized the essential form of Tvashtar's Bull. Here in the mansion of the Moon.'
(This hymn you also find in the the first book of the Rig-Veda; HYMN LXXXIV. Indra.)

This is how I read this hymn:
"One early Sunday morning when Indra had just came down from an extreme all night psychedelic trip; on where he had fought and conquered a large number of personal issues.
He was in an exhausted physical state of well being, and were searching the mountains for some mature and naturally sun-dried amanita; to help him sleep.
He searched all day without finding any, but by the lake of Saryanavan -he found some fresh young shroom buttons, which was OK since it already had become night."
That translation sounds a lot more believable than this one:

Originally posted by NebuchadnezzarIII
“The atomic energy fissions the ninety-nine elements, covering its path by the bombardments of neutrons without let or hindrance. Desirous of stalking the head, ie. the chief part of the swift power, hiden in the mass of molecular adjustments of the elements, this atomic energy approaches it in the very act of fissioning it by the above-noted bombardment. Herein, verily the scientists know the similar hidden striking force of the rays of the sun working in the orbit of the moon.” (Atharva-veda 20.41.1-3)
Neutrons???

Neutrons???

I'm opposed to the idea our ancestors were dummies, some of them were very smart so I agree with your post to that extent. But I doubt they had knowledge of neutrons. That neutron translation doesn't pass the BS detector test. The translation Nakiel posted sounds much more credible.

Originally posted by NebuchadnezzarIII
Twenty-four centuries before Isaac Newton, the Rig Veda stated that gravitation held the universe together. The Aryans believed in a spherical earth while the Greeks believed in a flat one.
This is also false. Did you ever hear of Eratosthenes?

He was the first person to calculate the circumference of the earth by using a measuring system using stades, or the length of stadiums during that time period (with remarkable accuracy). He was the first person to prove that the Earth was round.
Not only did Eratosthenes, an ancient Greek, know the Earth was round, but he measured how big it was, and quite accurately given the tools available at the time.

Even centuries before Erastothenes, the Ancient Greeks thought the Earth was spherical:

Spherical Earth

The concept of a spherical Earth dates back to ancient Greek philosophy from around the 6th century BC,[1] but remained a matter of philosophical speculation until the 3rd century BC when Hellenistic astronomy established the spherical shape of the earth as a physical given.
I agree with nakiel, I think this is an interesting topic, but you need to find some more reliable sources for your research because there is some interesting literature and it doesn't do it justice to throw in a bunch of obviously false claims, it destroys credibility. Maybe do some more research from some more credible sources, and make a new thread with more believable claims? I'm sure they will still be interesting without the obviously false claims thrown in.
edit on 12-3-2011 by Arbitrageur because: fix typo

Hello all long time lurker, my first post

Just felt as a Hindu I need to address a few issues.

Firstly Eratosthenes was 250 to 300 (sic) BC The Rig Veda is calculated to have been composed between 1200bc to 1700bc at it's most conservative (some give a much older date). The concept of the atom is now widely regarded to have first been hypothesized by Kannada, 500bc, others say it was the Jain religion that was first, either way they are both Indian and Dharmic.

Also somebody mentioned the World Turtle, yes that does exist, but so do may other concepts of the origin of the "Universe" (Hindus dont use that term) within Hinduism. Unlike other religion, Hinduism has no compulsion to believe anything, you can (indeed) be a agnostic/atheist and still call yourself a Hindu.

The "orthodox" Rig Veda line is that we are in a expanding Hiranyagarbha (Golden Embryo), and there is not just one Hiranyagarbha but an infinite number, each with their own laws and Brahma (creator God). Although the ultimate reality, Brahman is both outside and within all these Universes (Brahman is unknowable btw, you cant pray to "him" for instance).

The dot you see on the forehead of Hindu women is called the "Bindu". The Bindu is a representation of the proto Hiranyagarbha (Universe), which had the entire matter of the cosmos condensed in a small point which though "Tapas" (heat...to put it simply) expanded to all this you see around you. And "all this" is also you. What you see when you see is You.

I'l leave you with a translation from the Rig Veda speculating on on the origins of the Universe, remember this is aprox' 4000 years old.

Nasadiya Sukta (Not The Non-exsistant)

There was neither non-existence nor existence then.
There was neither the realm of space nor the sky which is beyond.
What stirred?
Where?
In whose protection?
Was there water, bottlemlessly deep?

There was neither death nor immortality then.
There was no distinguishing sign of night nor of day.
That One breathed, windless, by its own impulse.
Other than that there was nothing beyond.

Darkness was hidden by darkness in the beginning,
with no distinguishing sign, all this was water.
The life force that was covered with emptiness,
that One arose through the power of heat.

Desire came upon that One in the beginning,
that was the first seed of mind.
Poets seeking in their heart with wisdom
found the bond of existence and non-existence.

Their cord was extended across.
Was there below?
Was there above?
There were seed-placers, there were powers.
There was impulse beneath, there was giving forth above.

Who really knows?
Who will here proclaim it?
Whence was it produced?
Whence is this creation?
The gods came afterwards, with the creation of this universe.
Who then knows whence it has arisen?

Whence this creation has arisen
- perhaps it formed itself, or perhaps it did not -
the One who looks down on it,
in the highest heaven, only He knows
or perhaps even He does not know.

Translation by Wendy Doniger O'Flaherty.

edit on 6-5-2011 by redindica because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hello All, This is my second post on Ats, and i found you thread really interesting , I think you should check out this book: Lost Discoveries : from the Babylonians to the Maya by Dick Teresi, it gives a really good account on lost scientific knowledge that has just been discovered in modern times.

Science, we are generally told, originated with the Greeks around 600 BC, developed in the European Renaissance, and was perfected in the modern West. Because of educators' interest in cultural diversity, multicultural science curricula began to appear in various school districts in the 1980s, but unfortunately many contained distorted, inaccurate, and speculative information. In the early 1990s Dick Teresi, science writer and cofounder of Omni magazine, accepted an assignment to expose and document faulty multicultural science being taught in American schools. I began to write with the purpose of showing that the pursuit of evidence of nonwhite science is a fruitless endeavor. I felt that it was only responsible, however, to attempt to find what meager legitimate non-European science might exist. Six years later, I was still finding examples of ancient and medieval non-Western science that equaled and often surpassed ancient Greek learning. My embarrassment at having undertaken an assignment with the assumption that non-Europeans contributed little to science has been overtaken by the pleasure of discovering mountains of unappreciated human industry, four thousand years of scientific discoveries by peoples I had been taught to disregard. -- p. 15 In this unusual history the author shares with the general reader his explorations in mathematics, astronomy, cosmology, physics, geology, chemistry, and technology, discussing contributions from Egypt, the ancient Near East, Islam, India, China, ancient America, and Oceania. Mainstream rather than "New Age" in its scientific outlook, the manuscript was reviewed for factual accuracy by nine prominent scholars, some with a non-Western and others with a Western bias. Their comments, when differing in interpretation, are often included in the extensive endnotes. The bibliography provides a starting place for further research on specific topics.

hope this was useful

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MonsieurM

Thanks, book ordered.

But I must take issue that these are "lost scientific knowledge that has just been discovered in modern times" as I bet it was more a case of the West re-writing History to suit their superior view of themselves.

The West now cannot rig history to suit their own image of themselves as inventors of everything. Them pesky Indians have always known that the Zero was "invented" in India. It's the West that insisted on ignoring this.

Thank God for the internet. We dont need somebody to modulate history for us anymore.

edit on 7-5-2011 by redindica because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by redindica

Amen to that

If I may, I 'd like to dedicate this video to what you just said

www.youtube.com...
edit on 7-5-2011 by MonsieurM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MonsieurM

Found this vid, shows all the great indian inventors...

great indian inventors

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
For those who are less enlightened - this is not a debate about religion. For those who feel we don't speak Sanskrit - I suggest you find out where English is derived from (ref - 'the indo-romanic languages' - just to be nice to the romans). Keep an open mind, we are all here to listen and learn.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

Best to keep an open mind - remember where some of Christ's ideas and values came from - there where Hindu and Buddist Monks in the Holy Land at the time of Christs birth.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Very good subject! I have seen a documentary on this topic on the history channel show ancient aliens. They describe how these scriptures tell of ancient flying machines being used in ancient India. They also mention how one of these craft worked. Using electrified mercury for an anti gravity propulsion or something. I have also heard about a very advanced form of construction technology used during the time of these scriptures. They talk about a way of constructing temples using a water-like liquid to form programmable shapes into stone.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
OK about that "bat mobile" aircraft being sighted at area 51 that was from an eye witness that spoke on a show on the history channel that did a whole thing on area 51. Damn wish I had remembered the show. I am still curious on what that aircraft was.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Compare the 1923 drawing of the ship to the egyptian helicoptor plate. One of the ships on that carving looks very similiar.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Robert Oppenheimer, the father of the Atomic Bomb, was a student of Sanskrit
and the Vedas.

After the Trinity detonation a reporter asked him:

"Was this the first explosion of an Atomic Bomb ?"

Oppenheimer replied:

"In modern times."

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NebuchadnezzarIII

this is very interesting, I have seen alot of old scriptures, and books that talked of thingst that weren't normal. This shows us something about history, and weapons that we had or knew of.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pctoolbin

right! i know they get a lot of flack for being 'out there', but thanks to Ancient Aliens my mind has been opened to SO much more! it's pushed me on this incredible journey of discovering the truth that i NEVER would have set off on otherwise!

star for you because, well, i'm obsessed at the moment with all things 'ancient india'.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ghastlycurious

thanks for the bump, I;ve never seen this thread. Nice. Wondering why science texts and science history sources don't credit the Veda predictions and theories as pointed out in the OP when talking about the various physical principles and astronomical discoveries. They were centuries ahead of their time, as they were with buffet food!

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'm of the belief that there is truly nothing new under the sun.. All the things that science is discovering now is more along the lines of rediscovering.. I'm not saying they had internet and iPads. That's technology. Technology is different from science, tech gives us useful devices and makes life easier.. Our form of tech differs from there's, but I'm convinced that there's would be just as magical to us, as ours to them..

It's ether by some natural cataclysm, or mans tech that brings about these extinctions.. We can see through ancient writings and archeological study's that there have been at least four different advanced civilizations preceding ours..

I often wonder how future archeologists would view our writings.. I pray they don't dig up holly weird.. Would they think the film avengers were our gods or ancient aliens?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join