It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredibly Advanced Concepts in 5,000 Year Old Hindu Scripture!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Recently I've been interested in Hindu scripture, and after some research I was amazed by some of my discoveries. I have decided to write my first thread on this because I haven't seen any concerning this specific topic since around 2007-2008. I'm just wondering what everybody thinks/maybe somebody knows something I don't and has more information to add. Anyways, enjoy.

A Vimana is the name for the flying machines frequently described in Hindu scripture. The Ramayana and the Mahabharata are the two major epics of Ancient India - both often mention the Vimana. As a matter of fact, they circulate around the fact that deities and half-deities exist and communicate with the earthlings, passing down advanced knowledge and advising humanity. It becomes a much more believable fact once you realize just how much today's modern science is described in the ancient scriptures, humans alone could never have written something so relevant without having seen the Earth from space, measured the distance from the Earth to the Sun, and traveled to then unreachable continents.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b110fc51e9aa.jpg[/atsimg]

The Ramayana speaks of "two storied celestial chariots with many windows" that “roar like off into the sky until they appear like comets.” Whilst the Mahabharata mentions “chariots, powered by winged lighting…it was a ship that soared into the air, flying to both the solar and stellar regions.”

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2f01ad7346cf.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/85eafdfe0ddb.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4878bba0f3c0.jpg[/atsimg]

The Vedas (Sanskrit for “knowledge”, also oldest Sanskrit scripture - 1500–1000 BCE) contain revolutionary contents which have practically built the base of modern science once you realize how many "modern" scientists were fascinated by Sanskrit scripture. To name a few, Carl Sagan, Pierre Simon de Laplace (the nebular hypothesis of the origin of the solar system), J. Robert Oppenheimer - the developer of the atomic bomb (who studied Sanskrit and read the Bhagavad Gita in its original language, later citing it as one of the most influential books that shaped his philosophy of life).

Here are a few excerpts from the Vedas:

“Through astronomy, geography, and geology, go thou to all the different countries of the world under the sun. Mayest thou attain through good preaching to statesmanship and artisanship, through medical science obtain knowledge of all medicinal plants, through hydrostatics learn the different uses of water, through electricity understand the working of ever lustrous lightening. Carry out my instructions willingly.” (Yajur-veda 6.21)

“O royal skilled engineer, construct sea-boats, propelled on water by our experts, and airplanes, moving and flying upward, after the clouds that reside in the mid-region, that fly as the boats move on the sea, that fly high over and below the watery clouds. Be thou, thereby, prosperous in this world created by the Omnipresent God, and flier in both air and lightning.” (Yajur-veda 10.19)

The Rig Veda is 5,000 years old, the oldest textbook of modern astronomy, and one of the oldest surviving texts in the world, was written by Rig Veda seers - scientists. Pre-Rig Veda astronomers had explained such advanced concepts as the sphericity of the Earth (whilst most of the Western world will believe the Earth is flat), heliocentricity (meanwhile and for quite some time afterwards, Western scientists would still talk about the Earth being the center - geocentricity); the Pre-Rig Veda astronomers had provided an astronomical explanation for the seasons, as well as for the auroral displays. The earliest reference to the zodiacal signs can be found in the Rig Veda.

Earth as a sphere:

“The Sun does never set nor rise, when people think the Sun is setting (it is not so). For after having arrived at the end of the day it makes itself produce two opposite effects, making night to what is below and day to what is on the other side…Having reached the end of the night, it makes itself produce two opposite effects, making day to what is below and night to what is on the other side. In fact, the Sun never sets….” (Aitareya Brahmana 3.44)

Earth as being flat at the poles and the age of the Earth:

Twenty-four centuries before Isaac Newton, the Rig Veda stated that gravitation held the universe together. The Aryans believed in a spherical earth while the Greeks believed in a flat one. As a matter of fact, the Markandeya Purana (54.12) describes the Earth as being flat at the poles, and bulging at the equator - not spherical but closer to it’s actual shape. Indians in 500 AD calculated Earth’s age as 4.3 billion years - scientists in 19th century England were convinced it was 100 million years old.

The Markandeya Puarana states the phrases of the Moon, the cause of twilight, and the reason why the sky is blue (scattered sunlight). (78.8 and 103.9)

The sun as the center of the solar system, and stars being suns:

Not only did the Vedas recognize the sun as the source of light, life and warmth, the center of creation and of the spheres (heliocentricity), they also contemplated the idea of multiple suns (stars): “There are suns in all directions, the night sky being full of them.”

Two thousand years before Pythagoras, Indian philosophers believed that graviation was the force which held the solar system together, and the most massive object (the sun), must be at its center.

Marquis Pierre Simon de Laplace (1749-1827) was a French mathematician, philosopher, and astronomer. He is best known for his nebular hypothesis of the origin of the solar system.

“Nevertheless the ancient reputation of the Indians does not permit us to doubt that they have always cultivated astronomy, and the remarkable exactness of the mean motions which they assign to the Sun and the Moon necessarily required very ancient observation.” (Laplace)

Gravity:

“How is it that though the Sun is not bound and is directed downwards, it does not fall?” (a question repeatedly asked in the Rig Veda)

“Objects fall on the Earth due to one force. The Earth, planets, constellations, moon and sun are held in orbit because of that one force.” (Surya Sidhantha, 400 AD)

“All things fall to the Earth by law of nature; for it is the nature of the Earth to attract and keep things.” (Brahmagupta)

Atomism:

“Just as the beams of sunlight entering a room reveal the presence of innumerable motes, so infinite space is filled with countless brahmandas (solar systems).” And on the atomic structure: “There are vast worlds all placed way vithin the hollows of each atom, multifarious as the motes in a sunbeam.”

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe30f07c8ef8.jpg[/atsimg]

Kanada, an Indian scientist, is the founder of the Vaisesika system of philosophy, and according to him, the entire matter of this world consists of atoms as many in kind as the various elements.

The Atomic Bomb:

Most people agree that no human civilization before us had knowledge of atomic energy and its by-products. The atomic bomb is something completely novel to modern science. But we find in the Vedic literature descriptions of weapons that had a similar amount of energy as the atomic bombs we use today.

“The atomic energy fissions the ninety-nine elements, covering its path by the bombardments of neutrons without let or hindrance. Desirous of stalking the head, ie. the chief part of the swift power, hiden in the mass of molecular adjustments of the elements, this atomic energy approaches it in the very act of fissioning it by the above-noted bombardment. Herein, verily the scientists know the similar hidden striking force of the rays of the sun working in the orbit of the moon.” (Atharva-veda 20.41.1-3)

The brahmastra, described in the Mahbharata, is a weapon which is said to be a single projectile charded with all the power of the universe. “An incandescent column of smoke and flame as bright as ten thousand suns rose in all its splendor: it was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death, which reduced to ashes. The entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas…the corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. Their hair and nails fell out; pottery broke without apparent cause, and the birds turned white. After a few hours all foodstuffs were infected…to escape from this fire the soldiers threw themselves in streams to wash themselves and their equipment.”

J. Robert Oppenheimer (1904-1967) was a scientist, philosopher, bohemian, radical, fanantic of ancient Sanskrit literature…a theoretical physicist and the Supervising Scientist of the Manhattan Project, and most importantly, the developer of the atomic bomb.

Seven years after the first successful atom bomb blast test in New Mexico (Trinity), Dr. Oppenheimer was giving a lecture at Rochester University. To the question “Was the bomb exploded at Alamogordo during the Manhattan project the first one to be detonated?” he gave a strange reply:

“Well — yes. In modern times, of course.”

And as for Oppenheimer’s first words after the detonation of the bomb,

“If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the mighty one. Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.” (Bhagavad Gita)

...and this has only been a summary of Sanskrit scripture's role in science.

For more information:

Hindu Wisdom

Biblioteca Pleyades - Vimanas

Thank you for reading.

NebuchadnezzarIII
edit on 11/3/11 by NebuchadnezzarIII because: Embedded images

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Do you listen to mysterious universe podcast.. This thread looks very similar to what they had covered on a recent show..

I'm gonna give you a star and flag anyway, your thread is informative and well put together withthe pictures etc..
edit on 11/3/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Not yet, but I'll look into it.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NebuchadnezzarIII

If you haven't heard it you should check it out, it's a fantastic podcast which covers the sort of stuff talked about on here, paranormal, UFO etc.
You can get it from iTunes.
In a recent episode, can't remember exactly which one, they covered the very subject you talk about in some detail.. Also mentioned a story about one of these machines reportedly found in Afghanistan..
Btw.. I'm not in anyway affiliated with this show, just a big fan of these guys show.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
S&F

Fascinating. Nothing more remarkable than reading something you thought was realised through modern practices and was actually known centuries ago in pretty amazing detail.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Amazing information NebuchadnezzarIII ! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I had known for some time that India was a seat of great ancient knowledge, but I was not aware of the scale of the intellect which bore that culture to the world. This is impressive!

S+F and all that!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Great post, but you should filter your sources;
Swami Devamrita is not a reliable source!

Atharva-veda 20.41.1-3

'With bones of Dadhyach for his arms, Indra, resistless in attack, Struck nine-and-ninety Vritras dead, He, searching for the horse's head, removed among the mountains, found at Saryanâvân what he sought. Then verily they recognized the essential form of Tvashtar's Bull. Here in the mansion of the Moon.'
(This hymn you also find in the the first book of the Rig-Veda; HYMN LXXXIV. Indra.)

This is how I read this hymn:
"One early Sunday morning when Indra had just came down from an extreme all night psychedelic trip; on where he had fought and conquered a large number of personal issues.
He was in an exhausted physical state of well being, and were searching the mountains for some mature and naturally sun-dried amanita; to help him sleep.
He searched all day without finding any, but by the lake of Saryanavan -he found some fresh young shroom buttons, which was OK since it already had become night."

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Thankyou for your post & the links have added them to my favs so I can read later. I have always felt we have been fed a load of hog wash in regards to our "Human Past". pease keep the info coming... It is odd that so much information is coming to light ( internet I supose). I have also been reading about the Ica stones, the Sumerians, It all just seems to fit together.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I started reading the Vedas when I realized that all the things that were supposedly "discovered" in the last few centuries, were already known to ancient Hindus, including that the world is round, that the sun is the center of the solar system which is part of a wider galaxy, etc. All knowledge was already written down long ago. Academia is a farce.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I always thought some ancient Greek guy proved the earth was round? He was living in Egypt at the time? dammit, I could do with a better memory.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Their is a vast wealth of knowledge ranging from spirituality, astronomy, mathematics to physical health through Ayurveda, yoga etc. in our ancient Hindu culture. And their are numerous books and scriptures (vedas, Puranas, Upanishads etc.) written by our great sages, which contain vast amounts of knowledge, that it is impossible to study all of it, in just one lifetime.

But sadly some evil forces have tried to malign our culture, like you see cast system in Vedas and a so called Aryan race in other scriptures, which was not present in the original texts. And also christian missionaries, who lure people to convert to Christianity from hinduism and regards our cultural traditions and knowledge as the work of devil, has impacted the pious Hindu culture a lot.

Many languages which we speak today, have originated from Sanskrit language. Sanskrit is considered as the language of gods, and those gods are us and everything around us.
edit on 11/3/11 by vinay86 because: We have to denounce all Organized Religions.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Tx NebuchadnezzarIII. In fact all are described in ancient hindu culture as you have mentioned here.

When I was teen, I used to visit a Yogi (Saint), what i remember from other people conversations is that, demi gods/gods whoever we are worshiping now and were living before on earth as god, are from different star/stellar/galaxy groups. Sounds interesting, right!!! Yes it is. These days we can say, aliens from different galaxies.

Another interesting fact that he can speak/write most of the languages what we have now on earth/and before (around 600+), even he never visited other countries or land or learned language. Sounds interesting, right!!! Yes it is.

I have kept this secret for 20 years.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by hdash
Tx NebuchadnezzarIII. In fact all are described in ancient hindu culture as you have mentioned here.

When I was teen, I used to visit a Yogi (Saint), what i remember from other people conversations is that, demi gods/gods whoever we are worshiping now and were living before on earth as god, are from different star/stellar/galaxy groups. Sounds interesting, right!!! Yes it is. These days we can say, aliens from different galaxies.

Another interesting fact that he can speak/write most of the languages what we have now on earth/and before (around 600+), even he never visited other countries or land or learned language. Sounds interesting, right!!! Yes it is.

I have kept this secret for 20 years.

Hdash. I know you have some difficulty with english, but can you provide us with more information about your visiting the Yogi? The information gave us is very interesting and I would like to know more about him.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Great thread,

Ancient Hindu and Indian history is somewhat unknown in todays society, which is quite a shame. We need to look into this topic more. I feel it's one of the few left on Earth that hasn't been infiltrated by corruption and lies.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by aRogue
Ancient Hindu and Indian history is somewhat unknown in todays society, which is quite a shame. We need to look into this topic more. I feel it's one of the few left on Earth that hasn't been infiltrated by corruption and lies.

I wish that was true, but sadly cultural genocide is happening in India.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by hdash

Ancient Hindu texts describe; nature being worshiped as god, and since man, animals, plants etc. are all part of nature, so taking care of environment and themselves, was considered as worshiping god. But from where deity worshiping came nobody knows, so yes I think their have been some manipulations done to our original Hindu culture by ET's. And of-course people often laugh at those who even say the word "Alien Gods".

Ramayana the Hindu Epic : Proof of Extraterrestrials and Original Race.,

edit on 11/3/11 by vinay86 because: Content.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Good effort on your posting but old news buddy
I think there are several threads similar to this one on ATS. Just search for it.

Below is a link. Click on 'Science' once you're on the webpage.

ANCIENT_HINDU_SCIENCE

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

vinay86, thank you for your contribution to the thread! I believe Christianity has been molded by TPTB in a way which is comfortable for them, since it is the religion closest to TPTB - now people don't worry about questioning life, they just accept the fairy tale (not that the contents of the Bible are a fairy tale, it's how the Bible is perceived nowadays - a lot has been lost in translation). It has been drained of philosophy as countries like the United States transform it into an entertainment cult to make it much more primitive and understandable to be able to reach out to people of all levels of education, all socioeconomic classes, all races, all locations, all types of humor. They have made church "fun".

Often, there are news of extremists from this religion and extremists from that religion, but can't we say that a modern Christian's goal is to become an extremist? To surround themselves with God, associate every event in life with God, and force people of other religions into their religion? Christians only comprise 33% of the world, so the remaining 67% all go to hell?

Religion should be something personal, like a life philosophy, not some sort of herd. The only reason some religious people attempt to lure others into their religion is to assure themselves that their religion is correct and other people agree with them. It might be a subconscious effort...but I think that's what the psychology behind it is, what drives religious people to reject those of other religions as evil, to alienate themselves from other cultures and ideas, etc.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by vinay86

Originally posted by aRogue

I wish that was true, but sadly cultural genocide is happening in India.

We're not talking about Politics (which is very very dirty everywhere and especially in India). The culture has remained intact despite so many civilizations tried to invade and convert the people of the region. Were they successful? No.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NebuchadnezzarIII

“The atomic energy fissions the ninety-nine elements, covering its path by the bombardments of neutrons without let or hindrance. Desirous of stalking the head, ie. the chief part of the swift power, hiden in the mass of molecular adjustments of the elements, this atomic energy approaches it in the very act of fissioning it by the above-noted bombardment. Herein, verily the scientists know the similar hidden striking force of the rays of the sun working in the orbit of the moon.” (Atharva-veda 20.41.1-3)

NebuchadnezzarIII
edit on 11/3/11 by NebuchadnezzarIII because: Embedded images

Only problem is that the real translation of that same verse is:

'With bones of Dadhyach for his arms, Indra, resistless in attack,
Struck nine-and-ninety Vritras dead,
He, searching for the horse's head, removed among the moun-
tains, found
At Saryanâvân what he sought.
Then verily they recognized the essential form of Tvashtar's Bull.
Here in the mansion of the Moon.'

The only thing that is the same is the number 99 ...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join