It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami warning issued for Hawaii, Pacific

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
HONOLULU — The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center in Hawaii has widened its tsunami warning to include Hawaii and the rest of the Pacific Ocean, while a watch notice was issued for west coast of the U.S.

Sirens were sounded in Honolulu shortly after the warning was issued Thursday at 9:31 p.m. Haiwaii time.

The warning follows a massive earthquake that has struck off the northeastern coast of Japan.

It says the estimated earliest arrival in Hawaii of the first tsunami wave is 2:59 a.m. local time time Friday (7:59 a.m. ET).

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Tsunami watch for US/Canada West coast...that means about 10 hours before, and if, it hits.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Did not mean to post this here! No joke. this is huge.. If you know someone in Hawaii let them KNOW!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I'm more concerned for the people in Japan that were hit with the earthquake as well as the brunt of this tsunami.

Many countries have had warnings.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
During a huge time of global crisis such as this, is usually when UFOs are spotted the most. It wouldnt shock me if a UFO story or three came out of this situation.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Flagged, this is a very good way to let people know of a potential large wave coming their way. Hopefully the island PA and alarm system will alert anyone if it detects a tsunami. There i still a good amount of time to send off a call to anyone who you think may not be in touch with the media if you are worried.

-m0r

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I'm in wa st. Tsunami advisory issued, not warning for Washington coast. Tsunami of 1/2 foot or less expected.
Just passing along.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
The world seems to be going through a real hard time as of late, disasters everywhere, economic ruin, religious madness, just about every bad sign possible.

Could 2012 actually be real?

As half hearted as I say that I have to admit to giving it a little thought...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
How immoral of the aliens to not give us technology to prevent these disasters.

....If they exist.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

I don't like to rule anything out, as anything can happen...

Have to admit, with everything thats going on I'm a tad bit paranoid.

But isn't everyone on ATS...after all that's why we're here

edit on 11-3-2011 by dsm1664 because: sp

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dsm1664
reply to post by Mclaneinc

I don't like to rule anything out, as anything can happen...

Have to admit, with everything thats going on I'm a tad bit paranoid.

But isn't everyone on ATS...after all that's why we're here

edit on 11-3-2011 by dsm1664 because: sp

Ha ha...I guess that's true enough....

All we need is Yellow Stone to go up and then I'm going to start needing a nappy!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Hello everyone. Due to this being such an important topic, we are seeing several threads on the same topic. So let's try to keep things a bit organized by contributing to ongoing discussions:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join