It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Footage from Japan of 8.9 Mega Quake. Too Unreal.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Very freightning. My prayers go out to everyone affected by this Quake.

Stay safe.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
saw some of this live man, exciting stuff! My prayers go out to everyone over there!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Wow, I may be incorrect, but listening to the news, I heard that the tsunami waves are coming in at 500 miles per hour?

And another video.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Gallows humor bro. That's why people laugh when # like this happens. I grew up in SoCal, so I've experienced many big quakes, but nothing this big.

Good luck and God bless!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
The death toll is going to be exponential, interesting times my friends.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
wow 12 quakes in japan they all must be a bit freaked a bit, must be running across the fault pretty good

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oozii
Wow, I may be incorrect, but listening to the news, I heard that the tsunami waves are coming in at 500 miles per hour?

Tsunamis can travel extremely quickly in deep water, where they are almost imperceptible on the surface, so 500mph is entirely plausible. However, once they start to reach shallow water, the front of the tsunami slows down considerably, causing the water to start piling up and gaining height.

This is such a terrible event, yet it is so amazing to watch the footage. It's not often tsunamis of this magnitude come around, and it certainly isn't often that you see such events broadcast live around the globe. Some of the footage I've seen is mind blowing!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
3/11/11...I still believe in the power and importance of numbers. A very good friend of mine and I had an argument this morning. She is from the Northeastern coast of Japan and her family is there...things like this force you to realize how we easily get so emotionally attached to trivialities.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Huh i wouldn't stand and wait for the quake to colapse the building i am in like this guy....

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Wow-Uzumaki whirlpool Japan tsunami after 8.9 quake Japan 3-2011

this is just amazing and mind boggling to really see this!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bladdersweat

Wow that is just incredible. Especially when it gets zoomed in on.

So much going on right now.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This is history making television i've been following it all day, i dont think you guys in America should worry too much it will problably lose speed by that time.
New Zealand was taken off the warning early on, but they are predicting aftershocks for weeks some maybe big as the quake itself.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Wow, that guy sounds pretty freaked out. I can't even imagine how it must be to keep feeling that shaking, even after the main tremblor has passed. Heartfelt sympathies to all those affected over there in Japan and best hopes for the rescue efforts going on. This was a terrifying event.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
man this quake was hardcore but good thing japan was well prepared.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Holy Spit, i thought that whirlpool was a computer "re-enactment" at first!! Thats nuts, prayers to all the japanese.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PjZ101

It did seem like that. Just tons of debris being slushed. Terrible.

What really shocked me the most, was just watching the tsunami making its way across the fields and destroying everything in its path. You can really get an idea how high the wave was when looking at the footage from an airport located in Japan.

Water as high as a terminal.

edit on 11-3-2011 by Oozii because: Fixed Youtube Video.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
OMFG...did anyone notice the car bugging out in the lower right hand corner of the screen at about 2:39?
edit on 11-3-2011 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Here's another couple of vids I hadn't seen here, although I may have missed them.

new topics

top topics

join