It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cracking The Faith Barrier, by Hal Lindsey

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicMan07
Wow.. really man? You realize people who live their life by actual EVIDENCE are the ones who are making this world better for everyone and technologically advancing our society. If all humans lived by faith and decided not to question anything, we'd still be in the dark ages.

Faith is encoded in the brain. Unless one experiences a traumatic experience later in life, by adulthood it is very hard to change ones ideals. Which is sad, because there is so much evil in this world and to write it off saying "oh its on purpose God wants it to happen for the better good" is rediculous. Tell that to rape victims.

where did you get the idea "evil"? or even words . ?

did you say evidence?-

funny thing I was an "adult" that made fun of anything God/Jesus until the one night I heard an audible invisible voice sitting beside me that said my name then "I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish" and most definately changed my faith in dead "men" and their ideals

Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.-John5

suddenly a light shone around him from heaven. Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?”
And he said, “Who are You, Lord?”
Then the Lord said, “I am Jesus-Acts9

there were many priests, because they were prevented by death from continuing. But He, because He continues forever, has an unchangeable priesthood. Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.-Hebrews7

technology?

to what shall I liken this generation? It is like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling to their companions

Go, shut thyself within thine house.. thou shalt say unto them

The appearance of their workings was, as it were, a wheel in the middle of a wheel.

When the living creatures went, the wheels went beside them; and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up.

The King James Version:
Its Influence on English and American History
The King James version of the Bible is only a book. What can a book do in history? Well, whatever the reason, books have played a large part in the movements of men, specially of modern men.

No other book has ever had its chance www.bible-researcher.com...

another mostly taxpayer funded event in history

The Internet was designed in part to provide a communications network that would work even if some of the sites were destroyed by nuclear attack. If the most direct route was not available, routers would direct traffic around the network via alternate routes. www.walthowe.com...

For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.

Chinese Intellectuals Conclude Christianity The Reason for Success of the West biblicaltimes.wordpress.com...

So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.

who say, ‘Keep away; don’t come near me, for I am too sacred for you!’ Such people are smoke in my nostrils, a fire that keeps burning all day.

the word of the LORD came to them:
"Law after law, law after law,
line after line, line after line,
a little here, a little there,"
so they go stumbling backwards

For if those who live by law are heirs, faith has no value and the promise is worthless, because law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no sin counted.

Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes

He wrote that the teachings of Jesus contain the "outlines of a system of the most sublime morality which has ever fallen from the lips of man." Wrote: "I am of a sect by myself, as far as I know." www.adherents.com...

Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.

Why don't you judge for yourselves what is right?

For why should my freedom be judged by another’s conscience? If I take part in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of something I thank God for?

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all

The Declaration of Independence is one of the greatest documents in human history, and you have the privilege of enjoying its benefits every day of your life. Does that seem like a strong statement? The Declaration of Independence is one of the most prominent efforts by human beings to stand up in the face of tyranny and proclaim that every human being has God given rights to be free, to be protected and to pursue their lives the way they want to. www.revolutionary-war-and-beyond.com...

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike.

The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them.

The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

a dispute arose among them as to which of them was considered to be greatest. Jesus said to them, “The kings of the Gentiles lord it over them; and those who exercise authority over them call themselves Benefactors. But you are not to be like that. Instead, the greatest among you should be like the youngest, and the one who rules like the one who serves.
edit on 11-3-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...=68

How old are you?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

21, how old are you? You still let other people dictate your life, im guessing 12?

Are you stalking me lol?? I noticed you attacked me in another thread as well,so your going through my list of topics im posting and trying to purposely "school" me, or insult me. Haha dude get a life bro
edit on 13-3-2011 by LogicMan07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

reply to post by hawaii50th

21, how old are you? You still let other people dictate your life, im guessing 12?

Are you stalking me lol?? I noticed you attacked me in another thread as well,so your going through my list of topics im posting and trying to purposely "school" me, or insult me. Haha dude get a life bro

Stalking you, HA! that's funny, so your 21, actually reverse that to 12 more likely with that childish video you posted here on my thread. So who's the one that needs a life, well first you got to grow up than maybe you might get a life, dudette.
edit on 13-3-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join