It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cracking The Faith Barrier, by Hal Lindsey

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
In these two videos he uses an analogy of when Chuck Yeager broke the sound barrier, that after all the turbulence there was a serene calm in the cockpit of the plane.
This is a big problem with the human view point when it comes to understanding God. Humans look at the difficulties in life with their limited human understanding.
I will now let Hal Lindsey explain it, he has a way of giving good understanding when it comes to speaking about God and the bible.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Hal Lindsey is a false teacher, I wouldn't ever believe anything he said.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Wow.. really man? You realize people who live their life by actual EVIDENCE are the ones who are making this world better for everyone and technologically advancing our society. If all humans lived by faith and decided not to question anything, we'd still be in the dark ages.

Faith is encoded in the brain. Unless one experiences a traumatic experience later in life, by adulthood it is very hard to change ones ideals. Which is sad, because there is so much evil in this world and to write it off saying "oh its on purpose God wants it to happen for the better good" is rediculous. Tell that to rape victims.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LogicMan07

You guys just don't get it, is it that your afraid to have faith, is it that bad that your so caught up in the world around you that you just can't look at having faith in God, that it's just impossible?

I'm really grasping how bad humanity is, and how bad it has become. It's truly amazing how many refuters, deniers, spiritually blind, haters of what is good and morally right. It just blows my mind.

When that day comes that Christ returns, man oh man are there going to be a lot of frightened, shocked, and sad people. A lot of sorry regretful people, and a lot of tears. I am sad for all of you that refuse to give it a shot, you got nothing to lose and all to gain, and yet you still deny, and snob God.

I am sorry, very sorry for all of you, may God have mercy on you all.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

I have faith that a flying spaghetti monster is going to crash down in the year 2012 and shoot all who worship a white bearded man with meatballs and ragu.

Prove me wrong.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Funny person, I don't have to prove you nothing. Just sit back and enjoy it while you can. Life is short and eternity is forever.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Tell me this Mr. Rodgers,

Do you even know what it is too be Christian? Please, explain to me, because if you did you would understand that Christianity actually died long, long ago, along with Islam.

To be Christian is:
-Belief in the Trinity
-Belief Jesus is your savior
-Baptised
-Do good deeds for others
-Church every Sunday
-Donate money to the church
-Do not sin (which we could go on forever for)

AND MY FAVORITE!!!!
-Predestination

Well my friend, I sure hope you were picked before birth to be accepted into heaven, because even if you fulfill all the other recommendations, if God did not choose you before you were born, you are still going to hell. Welcome to Christianity my friend. Enjoy your ticket to hell.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

You don't know and understand why and what Christ died for. If you did you wouldn't be making those statements.
And Christianity is dead only for those that reject Christ.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Thats funny, cause the Christian bible was written after Christ.

en.wikipedia.org...

Served.

Enjoy your time on Earth, hell is hottttt

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

What's really funny is how much faith you people put in Wikipedia, and the bible does not mean anything to you.

And the old testament was written long before the new, and in the old there was written the prophecy's of Christ coming.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Nope, whats funny is the sources are at the bottom of the page. Whats even more funny is I know more about your religion then you do. You say that none of those teachings of the Christian church apply because Christ died for us? You can't even put 2 and 2 together, Christianity was founded after Christs death. And nowhere in the old testament does Jesus Christ's name come up.

P.S. Theres not one source of evidence Jesus ever even existed. Whats sad is your feeble mind, and your attempts to belittle people who don't have the same beliefs as you. Whats sad is how you tell people their going to hell because they don't share the same beliefs as you. I guess there is a reason Agnostics/Athiests have higher I.Q.'s than those who follow these cults blindly.

Im done, have a good life, but not too much fun, thats a sin.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

What's even more funny is how angry people like you get. And if you understood the bible you wouldn't be looking in the old testament for Christ, because He wasn't referred to in that name. He was mentioned in Genesis after the fall of man.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LogicMan07

Nope, whats funny is the sources are at the bottom of the page. Whats even more funny is I know more about your religion then you do. You say that none of those teachings of the Christian church apply because Christ died for us? You can't even put 2 and 2 together, Christianity was founded after Christs death. And nowhere in the old testament does Jesus Christ's name come up.

P.S. Theres not one source of evidence Jesus ever even existed. Whats sad is your feeble mind, and your attempts to belittle people who don't have the same beliefs as you. Whats sad is how you tell people their going to hell because they don't share the same beliefs as you. I guess there is a reason Agnostics/Athiests have higher I.Q.'s than those who follow these cults blindly.

Im done, have a good life, but not too much fun, thats a sin.

Well newbie, you just proved my point. You know nothing of the bible, you know nothing of Jesus Christ, and you put your faith in Wikipedia that anybody can go online and make changes too. That is very funny.
Also you have no threads on here at ATS.
It's just so unbelievable and absurd how angry people like yourself for instance and get so upset when biblical truths are brought forward. This only says that you must feel guilty for rejecting God and His Word

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Do you even know what it is too be Christian? Please, explain to me, because if you did you would understand that Christianity actually died long, long ago, along with Islam.

To be Christian is:
-Belief in the Trinity
-Baptised
-Church every Sunday

AND MY FAVORITE!!!!
-Predestination

Well my friend, I sure hope you were picked before birth to be accepted into heaven, because even if you fulfill all the other recommendations, if God did not choose you before you were born, you are still going to hell. Welcome to Christianity my friend. Enjoy your ticket to hell.

Don't you know that predestination was only ever a minority position? Because few people actually believe it, and IMO it's deffo not the true one.
Vicky

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I guess there is a reason Agnostics/Athiests have higher I.Q.'s than those who follow these cults blindly.

I love the way you say that as if it's a fact, when it's really not!
I am a Christian and I would bet that both my IQ and my general knowledge are higher than yours. I mean to say, you're so dim that you swallow everything Harris and Hitchens tell you and also you don't even know that plurals don't take apostrophes!

Vicky

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

To be Christian is:
-Belief in the Trinity

Correct.

Correct.

-Baptised

Generally correct. Most view it as a required sacrament, others view it as an attestation of faith (#2 above) and entrance into the community of believers (and so practice adult baptism -- Amish, Mennonite and most Baptist churches.)

Not unless you're Catholic.

-Church every Sunday

Nope, not required. Helpful, but not required.

Nope, not required. Required (essentially) in the Mormon Church, but Mormons are not Christians.

Nope, not required, because no one could do it. What is required, however, is the intent not to sin, the recognition that you do anyway, and to try and make amends for it. All reasonable things, even outside of faith.

-Predestination

Actually, I think that your complaint is with "Double Predestination", and that's only if you follow Reformed Theology (in the United States, mostly represented by the Baptists and Presbyterians.) Neither Catholic, nor non-Reformed Protestant denominations (Lutheran, Methodist, Pentecostal, an Episcopalian among them) believe in Double Predestination.

Actually, if the Calvinists are right, then the joke's on you, because they didn't really need to do anything to achieve their salvation, while you are damned no matter what you do.

That's one of the reasons that I understand Reformed Theology, but I personally do not follow it.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Some good answers in reply to this poster, but most likely in vain. He or she just refuses to understand or it least have an open mind to investigate the evidence. He or she would just rather cram his or her own ideas down everyone elses' throat.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Thats funny, cause the Christian bible was written after Christ.

en.wikipedia.org...

Served.

Enjoy your time on Earth, hell is hottttt

so are your words (the only ones I see personally using hell directly associated in condemnation or a measured judgement where there should'nt be), everyone living on the planet now, Websters and wiki?

which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures

all serve, some wittingly some not so much

Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

should'nt all give a Real attempt at that?

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

how do you know?

And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession

Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Very good post, now if only they will hear and take heed to those powerful scriptures.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
reply to post by adjensen

Some good answers in reply to this poster, but most likely in vain.

Oh, most certainly. He clearly has about a third grade understanding of Christianity, and isn't interested in learning, just in trolling others for his own sad amusement. Somehow he latched onto predestination and thought that it gave him a significant point of argument, which it doesn't. Except, as I noted, against himself.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join