It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh no, Yellowstone May have been awakened by the 8.8

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Alright dude. Enough of you. You don't have a clue what you are talking about, so please get the HELL out of this thread.

I know far more of Yellowstone than you and I believe facts should be referenced. You showed no factual basis for OP, are swearing at people and being generally offensive when your lack of facts are questioned.

Additionally, this thread should be closed as there is already an official Yellowstone thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by Freelancer

I know all about Yellowstones thanks for the little info blurp.

I believe facts are better than drama.

]
With all due respect. In this scenario, the FACTS you seek will not come from any official sources, they wont be handed to you on a silver plate for your perusal but from sources such as the one given to you by the O.P. The FACT is, there are no hard concrete facts on a Caldera going off because they are based on events that have happened a very long time ago. But you know this already right.

edit on 11/3/2011 by Freelancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Hi TA,

westcoast alerted me to your thread and I'm still catching up. Slept badly, finally got to sleep at 4 am my time. Quake in Japan hit three hours later.

**To those who have stated that True American is fearmongering and presenting a claim with no basis, please excuse me but you clearly don't know him. He is level-headed in the extreme and very methodical and analytical in his approach to seismic and volcanic events and study. He even has threads to assist people in understanding matters. Like GEE Tips. So please, before reacting so negatively to a member, check out their posting history.**

Okay, had to say that.

Now responding to what you wrote:

Re YS: my own feeling is that the Lake area would be most likely, because of a couple of factors:
-- the mass of water there can tend to exacerbate effects of teleseismics on any weaknesses and also

-- there is a domed area in the northern section of the lake. (You know this, but some may not.)

We are lacking data on what the dome has been doing but clearly, it would be very bad if the dome were to collapse and allow masses of lake water to ingress there and come into contact with heat sources. Possibly could lead to a serious hydrothermal event -- as it has in the past. (That's how the lake attained its present shape in that area, folks. Hydrothermal explosion.)

I'm not sure if such an event would be enough to trigger an actual major eruption. I doubt that anyone could tell. The last one (large hydrothermal explosion) did not but absence of such an effect unfortunately does not preclude it.

Mike

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Alright dude. Enough of you. You don't have a clue what you are talking about, so please get the HELL out of this thread.

I know far more of Yellowstone than you and I believe facts should be referenced. You showed no factual basis for OP, are swearing at people and being generally offensive when your lack of facts are questioned.

Additionally, this thread should be closed as there is already an official Yellowstone thread.

Okay. So, I would like to ask you: Are you looking at the live seismographs of the park right now? All of them? Are you seeing the localized quakes coming through the park right now as I type this? I count 1...2...3.....in a row the past ten minutes or so.

No? You are just going by the USGS not reporting them? You DO realize they won't list any under 2.5 until tomorrow when they all go back to work and start going through the info? Yes?

If you are NOT observing live feed, and only relying on belated information than PLEASE refrain from trying to derail this thread.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Freelancer

op hasn't given any facts, just seismo's which show many things. seriously you people believing anything OP says based on drama and seismo blips are missing the facts.

there are tsunami warnings due to the Japan quake, if there were quake threats there would be quake warnings.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Okay make that four and the last one might be big enough to trigger the automatic listing.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
I'll try to get through this thread cause I'm catching up on the big one. Just want to state I'm up near YS and we have now experienced 3 mild tremors within the past hour. And a horrible headache to boot. My husband had ear ringing earlier in the even ( yesterday ).

ear ringing? ...can you please explain what causes them?....lol cause i get them too....

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

Okay. So, I would like to ask you: Are you looking at the live seismographs of the park right now? All of them? Are you seeing the localized quakes coming through the park right now as I type this? I count 1...2...3.....in a row the past ten minutes or so.

No? You are just going by the USGS not reporting them? You DO realize they won't list any under 2.5 until tomorrow when they all go back to work and start going through the info? Yes?

If you are NOT observing live feed, and only relying on belated information than PLEASE refrain from trying to derail this thread.

These are seismos and there is nothing on live data suggesting major quakes or threats.

This thread is based on seismo's which people often misread as they do not have the knowledge or corresponding data.

Derailing is when it isn't on topic.

The facts regarding Yellowstone activity is entirely relevant, see live data for facts.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Without a doubt, the seizmic events we are seeing unfold right now, are due to some odd solar activity - no flares, no cme's, but rather a sudden shift in the levels of xray radiation. Here's the link to the graphs:

www.srl.caltech.edu...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Aerny

I was going to post the exact same question...I saw you beat me to it though, and I didn't want to ask the same thing twice. They do look strange don't they? I don't know how many interpretations you can get off a screen where there seems to be so much activity its almost all black LOL! Still maybe thats normal...I have no Idea. if someone gives you a decent answer, I'd appreciate a heads up and I'll come check it out. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

You are correct that they are not major. The OP never said they were.

They do not need to be major to be of concern. That fact that a possible swarm may have been triggered by the Japan quake is what is concerning. It may just settle back down...so I sincerely hope that you are right and I am wrong.

So far nothing on USGS, but it is showing up nicely on the stations: YHB

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Magnitude 3.2 - OKLAHOMA 2011 March 11 10:56:23 UTC

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

Practically nothing would survive and the sky would be black for years with ash.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I respect your stand point, hard facts without official sources (i.e scientific proof) is often very difficult to prove, right? Since your a visitor on a Conspiracy Forum you will no doubt be aware that we are not always given the FACTS we neeed to make a sound and proper judgement upon. While there are many such scenario's, I can see an eruption of Yellowstone being one of them.. May I ask, what FACTS are you looking for? Is it not true that many FACTS have become FACT from just observations and a gut feeling that something was about to happen and that they then became FACT only AFTER the event?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
does the aftershocks match up with the times in this video for the readings at yellowstone?

www.youtube.com...

and there has been solar activity we had a x class flare on the 9th so this would all definitely be the result of this

www.youtube.com...

i think there may be more to come tommorow

edit on 11-3-2011 by truthfulhuman because: links not right

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ucantcme
reply to post by CordDragonzord

you can find maps of the highly affected ash fall areas online. Not including what happens after like the volcanic winter and stuff cause thats going to affect the whole world. I also thing the history cahannel or one of those channels like it made a video about what it would be like and what will happen. Not sure where but i remember watching something like that.
edit on 11-3-2011 by ucantcme because: (no reason given)

Yeah, it was called 'Supervolcano', it was on about 3 or 4 years ago i think..it was a kind of docu-drama.

It's a BBC production.

It's on Youtube..here's a playlist for the parts;

www.youtube.com...

It was good wasn't it.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aisling
What is wrong with some of the people questioning this? There's been a long running thread now on yellowstone quakes that account for activity. Is it that far fetched to believe quakes can be spurred off by a large one from Japan? I think not!

Yellowstone is a threat, fact.

Increased geomagnetic activity and increased quake magnitudes and frequencies are a threat, fact.

Misreading a seismo, guessing the meaning of seismo activity is not fact.

Dramatising major events when there isn't a major event is not fact, merely dramatic scaremongering.

Here are previous examples, of which there are plenty of Yelowstone non factual scaremongering and misreading of facts.

These threads were closed and the yelowstone thread suggested for info. The same people that suggested major activity seem to be making an new ''omg'' thread on yellowstone of NM every day, responding nastily when questioned.

from OP a few days ago, suggesting harmonic tremors in Arkansas, there weren't any.

more false dramatic alerts

there are plenty of dramatic false alerts on ATS.

I prefer facts and don't buy into the drama. I know about geomagnetics and threat areas and cover these areas regularly. I use factual data for reference.

If you want more factual references on ATS then maybe following Yellowstone thread would be more appropriate than believing hype about seismo blips.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
reply to post by shadowland8

Practically nothing would survive and the sky would be black for years with ash.

Not sure about the ash blocking the sun for years, but certainly for months.

Let's put it this way...long enough for just about every plant species to die off and disappear and cause massive worldwide starvation, death and disease.

Forget 2012, i personally feel all the dumbs and shelters being built around the world is for a YS super eruption or something like it elsewhere in the world.

It's actually quite frightening, more so even than the threat of nuclear war a lot of us grew up with.

At least we can reason with a nuclear power, we cannot reason with a supervolcano.

Just to add...we've all heard the saying 'one man's terrorist, is another man's freedom fighter', well the same is true of this; 'One man's scaremongering is another man's warning'.

Being scared, you can live with...being unprepared if you need to be, is another story.

edit on 11/3/2011 by spikey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Wow, some people just can't read. :shk:

We just had a person come in to this thread that LIVES there, and said they experienced several tremors, and this guy is still blabbering? About facts? Keep talking, you're looking better and better.

And he knows far more about Yellowstone than me...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
This thread is surreal.
Just to comment: The reason people ask for proof is because the tone of the thread is that of fear mongering "Oh no, yellowstone may have been awakened".. first post telling everyone to start praying etc.. Never mind the fact Yellowstone is not related to the tectonic activity on the ring of fire and through asia. The thread of course had no reference to any facts-just said :start praying!.

Then seemed to degenerate into tantrums the farther we go.

Simple facts are: There is nothing noteworthy going on in yellowstone. Nor was there earlier tonight. There were a couple small earthquakes (less than 3) in Wyoming and Montana. Thats all.

Creating a thread telling everyone "IT HAS BEGUN!" and to start preying such a short time after Japan occurred.. Sorry, not cool

As for the future and reputation: I would think everyone who has been on this forum for awhile would be aware: Bold claims need bold evidence: Not telling people to "get their ass out of your thread."

Again: Nothing to see here but a whole lot of hyperbole and forum ganging.
edit on 11-3-2011 by lordtyp0 because: (no reason given)

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join