It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh no, Yellowstone May have been awakened by the 8.8

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kalamatas

TA started a thread earlier about the park showing some increased seismo...that is one of reasons he was monitoring it so closely when this happened. It very obviously triggered more, constant activity.

Another, larger definate local quake right now.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Ah, okay thanks for un-confusing me.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Here....THIS station seems to be a good one to look at. The sensitivity is turned up VERY high so it takes more to show up on it, not so messy.

See the ones that start with a very clear, sharp line? Those are the local quakes.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Here, I captured these just now:

Those are more local quakes now happening in Yellowstone. Pretty sure those are not teleseismic. The attacks and decays are too steep.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Hey I'm sorry for my ignorance, can anyone give me a quick brief of Yellowstone, and what could happen if an earthquake occurred there or whatever we're assuming is going to?

Thanks. I'm really concerned.

Also, I'm in Australia.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Here, I captured these just now:

Those are more local quakes now happening in Yellowstone. Pretty sure those are not teleseismic. The attacks and decays are too steep.

Is there enough pressure in yellowstone right now for it to blow in a big enough quake? These local quakes worry me, and that would dwarf the terrible tragedy in Japan. Damn we need to get Putterman up, you two are the best of the best.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadowland8
Hey I'm sorry for my ignorance, can anyone give me a quick brief of Yellowstone, and what could happen if an earthquake occurred there or whatever we're assuming is going to?

Also, I'm in Australia.

an earthquake is not the concern in YS. a super-mega-ultra-all-life-on-earth-ending volcano is.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Im a complete novice with my reading the of GEE program. But does the amplitude not have anything to do with strength of a possible earthquake? Because I saw it up 400 microns/sec earlier after the quake.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan

Also, I'm in Australia.

an earthquake is not the concern in YS. a super-mega-ultra-all-life-on-earth-ending volcano is.

Obviously that is the concern.... My question is whether these quakes are showing harmonic tendencies and whether yellowstone has enough built up pressure to blow if it is destabilized by this event. Japan agencies are reporting another major quake is IMMINENT and could be as big or bigger as the first 8.9.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

TA I agree.

Between this impeding feeling of doom I have had all day...to the quake, now yellowstone and my area now under a tsunami watch.....god my head feels like it is going to explode and my ears wont stop ringing.

I am starting to get very scared......

FYI...the Japan prime minister has issue a warning of an immenent larger quake for the area. Terrifying

I am watching people die on the live feed....being overtaken by the water and it is just sickening...GOD.

edit on 11-3-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I consider these quakes as simple kisses....after than...we shall have French kiss....then foreplay......then either on May 21st or Dec 21 2012....we shall be F.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
Here....THIS station seems to be a good one to look at. The sensitivity is turned up VERY high so it takes more to show up on it, not so messy.

See the ones that start with a very clear, sharp line? Those are the local quakes.

Underlined above THAT seems strange "sensitivity is turned up" yet it takes nore to show sorry not buying into that statement!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

Ah okay.

So, Yellowstone is a highly volatile place, volcanic, and an earthquake there could trigger a really bad eruption.

How bad would this eruption be, and like how would it affect the world?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

It would be doubtful that you would survive, no matter where in the world you live. Really, it would be that bad..

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

reply to post by wingsfan

Ah okay.

So, Yellowstone is a highly volatile place, volcanic, and an earthquake there could trigger a really bad eruption.

Come on didn't you see the move 2012?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder

It would be doubtful that you would survive, no matter where in the world you live. Really, it would be that bad..

That is not true, Most of the west coast would be obliterated by the shockwave. The problem would be a volcanic winter for 3-4 years from the dust. That would cause starvation and major worldwide starvation, but it is NOT an ELE per se, but is VERY VERY VERY UNIMAGINABLE bad.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

It would kill half the country.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Underlined above THAT seems strange "sensitivity is turned up" yet it takes nore to show sorry not buying into that statement!

WMD, Westcoast has been studying earthquakes for years..
I understand what he said even if you don't..

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

Well all global warming concerns would cease. Mega quakes like this are shown to induce ice ages ;-)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

????? Just what is it that you don't buy? Maybe I said that wrong...sorry, a bit stressed. It is set at 1600 microvolts compared to others in the park that are at 125. So the distant quakes look huge on the low ones, while small on the high ones. The local quakes show more clearly then on the ones set at 1600, because they are hitting closer to the station....the one set at 1600 is much 'cleaner' because it tends to show the local quakes stronger while tones down the distant ones.

Better?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join