It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh no, Yellowstone May have been awakened by the 8.8

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Hmm, I wonder if she could be experiencing something similar to what Susan is experiencing in Arkansas- quakes that are too small to report, but still being felt by some.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Notwithstanding the outcome of this thread, such possibilities are being reported all over the net.

Let's hope the whole lot of them are wrong.

edit on 12-3-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm not buying this... and feel we have 29 pages of jibber-jabber... nonsense..

If Yellowstones blows, I'll be the first to travel through the wilderness of disaster and apologize for not believing you, if infact I survived the blast from 1400 miles away..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
MSM is reporting 10 inch Polar shift and Japan moving 8 ft....FYI

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Yellowstone is currently showing a NORMAL level of activity, the tremors are NORMAL for such an active area, the seismo's were showing detection or ECHOES of the JAPAN EVENT.

Yes you are right, but I noted on another post you said you had some knowledge of geology/geophysics. How is it that you had not explained why these were not local events, and by explained I mean given some indications as to why they were not?

Surely if you have this knowledge you would have put it to use enlightening others?

By the way:

For realtime updates on quakes worldwide, from experts, look here:

You do realise that those 'experts' at least initially are computers?
edit on 12/3/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Seriously guys this thread is nothing more than an attempt to try and scare people. Everyone needs to relax a bit and understand a few things.

First of all yellowstone is a giant volcano and this is important because people need to understand that volcanos cause earthquakes. EARTHQUAKES DO NOT CAUSE VOLCANIC ERUPTIONS. EVER.

Yellowstone will erupt when enough gas in the magma has been built up and put under enough pressure with no where for it to go. The biggest earthquake ever recorded could happen in yellowstone and it would not cause the volcano to erupt.

Think of it like this. Take a tube of toothpaste and puncture it with the tip of a pencil. What happens? The toothpaste will slowly ooze out..very slowly.

Now put the tube under pressure to the point of almost bursting and puncture it again..big explosion of toothpaste. The point is that yellowstone is no where near the point of having enough gas to erupt. If it was you would see many other signs beforehand, massive increase in temperature, release of gases more prevelant than what is there now, a serious serious uplift in the geography around the caldera, none of which is happening.

Yellowstone has hundreds and probably thousands of years before it erupts again so don't let posts like this scare you into thinking it's the end of the world cause it's not.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pmbhuntress

TIGA.TA..BHZ.2011.070

Depends on how the display sensitivity is set!

TIGA.TA..BHZ.2011.070

Not much to see on that one.

How about this!!
TIGA.TA..BHZ.2011.070

That is all exactly the same data with different display sensitivities. You have to know what you are looking at.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

You know I just have to say it UtahRoseBud! Yes, you are entitled to your thoughts on Government conspiracy but...

Scientists are very competitive and love to show each other up. When they work for multiple different government and academic institutions, this is even more the case. When scientists find harmonic tremor, LPs or anything else at Yellowstone, it will be published. Our job is to help them do that... not hinder it. And then our job is also to help people understand the significance of the signals.

Part of an email from the YVO to me recently.

I can also tell you around a year ago I had an email reply from the YVO which was about the seismos in the Park going down. In it they stated (sorry don't have the email due to a crash) that they were concerned that we (ATS Yellowstone thread) would be thinking the worst if they (YVO) did not explain what was happening.

On occasions they do lurk! Their concern to be up front about that particular incident was as a result of their knowledge that TA and others at ATS are regularly on GEE and watching everything that is going on. At that time it was mainly Shirakawa and TA. There are many more now. They know that.

edit on 12/3/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

Well let us not say normal, but not of any concern at present. There is a slight upturn in the number of quakes in the Gulf of California but this has happened before.

Here is a cumulative graph for the last 365 days.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Update on Yellowstone Seismic Network Telemetry Problems UPDATE: 24 Feb 2011

Yes, and know what date my email exchange was with Jake. Yes 24th Feb.

This all came about because of the nonsense going around about quakes being deleted which is why Jake sent me the information to produce this,

qvsdata.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The thing is, when powerfull or moderate earthquakes occur, ALL seismic recorders will pick it up because earthquake waves travel throughout the world (p=primary waves, s=secondary waves). Each country is NOT a closed system or isolated no matter what you want or are indoctrinated to believe as the "system" is irreducable and not compartmentalised like invisable political boundaries. Hence why yellowstones seismos activated. Harmonic tremors are another story!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Seriously guys this thread is nothing more than an attempt to try and scare people. Everyone needs to relax a bit and understand a few things.

First of all yellowstone is a giant volcano and this is important because people need to understand that volcanos cause earthquakes. EARTHQUAKES DO NOT CAUSE VOLCANIC ERUPTIONS. EVER.

Yellowstone will erupt when enough gas in the magma has been built up and put under enough pressure with no where for it to go. The biggest earthquake ever recorded could happen in yellowstone and it would not cause the volcano to erupt.

Think of it like this. Take a tube of toothpaste and puncture it with the tip of a pencil. What happens? The toothpaste will slowly ooze out..very slowly.

Now put the tube under pressure to the point of almost bursting and puncture it again..big explosion of toothpaste. The point is that yellowstone is no where near the point of having enough gas to erupt. If it was you would see many other signs beforehand, massive increase in temperature, release of gases more prevelant than what is there now, a serious serious uplift in the geography around the caldera, none of which is happening.

Yellowstone has hundreds and probably thousands of years before it erupts again so don't let posts like this scare you into thinking it's the end of the world cause it's not.

I think you ought to read a little more on the subject and I am not one that thinks an eruption is necessarily likely near term. However if you read the YVO's own status and risk study of 2007 you will find you have misstated several items. First EQs are thought to play a key role in eruptions both magmatic and hydrothermic eruptions at Yellowstone. The movement of magma will cause many small EQs however the movement of magma can be caused by EQs. If you do a little reading I bet you will find out what the size depth and location of EQs in the system area hints to the YVO about what is going on.

Also while the current thinking is that the activity will really ramp up before any magmatic eruption the scientist are the FIRST to admit that they do not know what a ramp up would look like or how long it would show itself. The fact is that the system is very overdue for an eruption statistically. While this can't be said about a major caldera forming event because there are not enough data points to make any reasonable determination of the occurance rates for these huge events. But there is no doubt that the system is due for both balsaltic lava flows and the explosive events that people are afraid of, even if the explosive event would likey be smaller than the supervalcano events we see talked about. The other fact is that there has been unusual activity recently at Yellowstone (recent being a 15 year span). There is valid evidence that the Magma chamber has been expanding and at the fastest rate that we have recorded. The rub is we have not been watching for any kind of meaningful period. There have been several swarms at shallow depth, that the YVO's own documents indicate would be a likely precursor of an event.

So while many posting like Puterman and westcoast and TA are "recreational geologists" we have educated ourselves about this and other systems. While I would never predict an eruption in the near term I think there is nothing wrong with threads like this discussing the status of the system. I also have serious doubts as to how forthcoming the government would be with troubling data. Lowenstern himself has said that when answering questions and giving information consideration is given to providing the answer that produces the fewest questions and is likely to satisfy the person asking the question. That does not lead me to believe he is sharing all of the data or his concerns with us. BTW I don't have a huge problem with some of that. I do have a huge problem with not having access to the current data obtained from InSAR and the imaging of the changes in the magma chamber.

To wrap this up I don't see the regulars on this topic fear mongering and I think it is a positive that people are learning this stuff themselves and will have a chance to make the PTB be straight with us if or when the activities really pick up. I suppose that you think the government would be conservative with evacuation orders for say 25 million people if Yellowstone really threatened. The economic impact would be staggering and I don't trust them to be honest.
edit on 12-3-2011 by standrewscross because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2011 by standrewscross because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by fulllengthmirror
Hello. I'm new, and have been watching for some time.
Figured i might as well join the party, seeing that most of the people i know are too afraid to look.
So, i thought i'd share this with you all for a start...
-Yellowstone will experience a small eruption by Yellowstone standards as a result of the vibrations caused by a large quake in Japan early in the year that destabalize the magma chamber. ~ Edgar Cayce.

Just a point of interest.

Edgar Cayce is gone, where did you get that quote from? I hope you didn't made it up because that would be very disrespectful.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
another useful link from USGS, specifically Yellowstone Volcano Observatory.

As I have said before, there are seismologists from Utah university continually monitoring activity and post anything of relevance to safety IMMEDIATELY, even if data wasn't available to the public, this is to ensure accuracy of reports.

volcanoes.usgs.gov...

Update on Yellowstone Seismic Network Telemetry Problems UPDATE: 24 Feb 2011: The Yellowstone Seismograph Network continues to experience some earthquake data telemetry problems that affect publicly available seismic information, but do not affect the computed locations and magnitudes of earthquakes used for monitoring and public safety. In addition, University of Utah seismologists review all events greater than magnitude 2.5 and post their results immediately. This procedure eliminates false earthquake reports and the subsequent need to delete such information. Similar procedures are followed at other U.S. regional seismic networks, including networks operating in similar mountainous terrain such as Alaska and the Cascade Range. Field engineers will visit the remote Yellowstone telemetry sites when logistics permit.

If that's really the case then why didn't you post something recent? Why post something from 24th of Feb?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

I wont even try to refrence this. You are SOOOOOOOO wrong on many accounts here.

I'll let ya figure this one out on your own.

Know what happens when a pocket of water makes contact with a pocket of lava? How big is the magma chamber under yellowstone? Whats sits on it's surface in many places. You can get an idea to see just how much of and how massive the area that rises and falls at yellowstone. Sure, it's a slow process, but we're talking a friggin huge area here and a rise and fall of the land that reaches well over 100 feet. That seems pretty dangerous to me. I for one wouldnt live anywhere near it, wether it was activly showing signs of swelling or not. Murphy's law.... What can happen, WILL happen. Uncle sam taught me that, and he was spot on.

Hmm an earthquake can not cause an erruption huh? I would beg to differ. What if you had a pressure zone under the earth at one point and a near by earthquake causes that "cap" to move and give way to a lack of resistance that earthquake may cause? To me that seems very possible. I understand the other way around just fine, but just because it's the most common happening, doesnt mean it cant happen the other way around.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The governments have technology to cause earth quakes and are using this technology. Some quakes are natural and some aren't. As we get closer to 2012 more and more devastation will start happening more often all over the world and other planets. That why its important to develop spirituality and love in the heart and to also be a positive thinker. The populations with the most negativity will have more devastation from mother earth trying to correct the frequencies from a low to high for the new shift. I suggest to ask your higher self from any form whether its a prayer or spoken out loud to ask for higher knowledge from the right sources and it will be sent your way so that you can be more informed and prepared for whats to come. Take care, love you all and i send love energy all over the world.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
After reading trough this thread I have my own theory what started it off.

I think the thread starter misinterpreted the echoed readings from the Quake in Japan that got picked up by the YS webicorders.

However I'm not familiar with seismology so I could be wrong as well.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This video is very disturbing to me in the fact of WHY it's being covered up......Why are they covering up that these quakes happened?What are they not telling us?What are everyones thoughts on this?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
The Cascadia subduction zone will rip long before the Yellowstone super volcano "re-asserts" it self.

My concern with Cascadia is that it will up-lift 30-70 miles off the coast.

So, the whole zone will shake like Japan, perhaps worse, and then be unindated by a tsunami worse then they just saw. If BC and Seattle are lucky, this is all that will happen. My real fear is that Rainer may go at the same time, so they will get hit by the volcano and the lahar's from the back side.

P.S. The child like posts are ruining this site.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
After reading trough this thread I have my own theory what started it off.
I think the thread starter misinterpreted the echoed readings from the Quake in Japan that got picked up by the YS webicorders.
However I'm not familiar with seismology so I could be wrong as well.

If you are not familiar with seismology then why make such a silly statement ??
The OP is one of the most trusted members on ATS when it comes to such topics..

You should be ashamed for posting such uneducated crap..

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join