It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh no, Yellowstone May have been awakened by the 8.8

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Here's one you can check:
www.earthwaves.org...

The most current (two minutes ago) was listed as 1.2, I believe. Not much. If Yellowstone blows at even half the intensity that created that large of a caldera, hug and kiss your loved ones as soon as possible, as you'll never again get the chance; except maybe in heaven.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I am so happy to say, after finnally getting off of ATS and returning (to page 25) I am finnally able to start reading something pleasant. I have been trying to read through all the pages but got sick and tired of the argueing crap that continued to go back and forth. True American, thank you for the good parts of this thread. I have to admit, it would have been much better if so many of us didn't have to constantly weed through the ohter stuff that was not friendly. I appreciate the work and time you and other good members on this site do.

Whether you are wrong or right, with sources or without sources, the point of the matter is you care (maybe more so than some others). I would hate to try posting a thread wondering who is going to either attack me or try to make me lose my cool. Anyway, many of us ATS'rs know how to appreciate real contibutions. People who cause heat in some of these threads are not making contributions, they are making this whole site look bad. I don't know if the mods are overloaded with trying to keep tabs on too many threads, or if they see arguments here as constructive debate...IMO, I didn't like the argumentave portions...some folks just wouldn't stop.

Please don't stop caring, and know so many of us really not only appreciate time and effort members put into thier threads, but alot of it can be quite educational.

Had to say my piece, because sometimes enough has got to be enough. We have enough stress and BS going on in our daily lives, we DON'T NEED folks coming onto threads and causing upset.
Some of us have very hard times, and even some of us have lost so many loved ones.....I am tired.

As far as fear-mongering, I don't feel threads are fear-mongering, I feel that many are simply trying to warn or bring to our attention something that does not seem right. Hey, emergencies happen, so what is wrong with trying to be prepared or help others be prepared?

Again, thank you for your thread, I enjoyed the friendlier portions of it.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Also on my homepage USGS, it just keeps showing Honshu Japan ALOT of 5 pointers, like one after the other.
Are these types of tremors going to continue for a long time? Just looks like so many.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander
[mor
ATS is about denying ignorance.

Posting relevant and informative information is good.

Making threads scaring people in a pathetically dramatic way with no evidence, links, references or anything informative isn't denying ignorance or worth posting. Swearing at people when asked to provide proof of such dramatic claims is offensive. A picture of a graph with no reference isn't sufficient proof, ATS isn't kindergarten.

I am educated, including on such areas relevant to this thread, plenty of people here are and expect far more than a verbal panic attack followed by a picture and abusive comments. Seriously, this is a forum for people trying to find truth, there isn't room for delinquent attention seeking tantrums and irrelevant personal drama threads like this.

Furthermore, when plenty of posters pointed out this fact and told OP a graph wasn't evidence and the corresponding post was lies, OP should of stepped down and apologised.

Also, you obviously didn't read or ignored the swearing from OP to me and others, the posts where theres yellow triangles were abusive and deleted by mods.
edit on 12-3-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Hey i live 15 minutes from Yellowstone Caldera in Paradise Valley Montana just north of Yellowstone and have folks working at Old Faithful and other parts in Yellowstone. I have a website you all should check out it is updated constantly. From what i know from folks in the park all is normal no serious changes. Here is the website www.isthisthingon.org...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher
reply to post by nightbringr

Give the guy a break. He saw activity on YS siesmo's and if you know anything about super volcano's you too might have had an adverse reaction to someone-I expect at the time he was sh***ing the proverbial brick!

Super Volcano = end of mankind. YS is one big momma of a super volcano. It's not a case of if it goes up, it's a case of when...

What's the latest on YS now folks? Any new data?
edit on 11-3-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

I agree. But at the same time should he not have given the guy he bit his head off of a break too?

Yes, this is alarming, but Im not really the type to freak out over a little seismic activity. I lived through the cold war, this is nothing.

If it blows, then ill worry.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Yeah I'm with you on the High Rise!! Los Angeles has buildings built to code as well, meaning to be able to move & have some sway...my friend worked in the top of the Twin Towers & she said even the glass was special so "You don't get sling-shot out of the window" LOL! but it's not really funny.

I lived through the Northridge Quake & also in the block that made the cover of ALL the magazines...Not only was it terrible & will not elaborate here, not topic, but after any disaster people care for about a day or 2 & then you're left all alone trying to survive...it's too bad that we have become so desensitized...

Ektar

Thank You TA & Putterman!!
edit on 12-3-2011 by Ektar because: Forgot Thanks

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
irrelevant personal drama...

So your last post was about what exactly?
The first reply to this thread was lordtyp0 calling the OP a troll, and you came along later to add 'liar' to the fire when the OP was clearly Speculating as indicated by his use of the words...'We can't see much of anything right now cause of all the huge S-waves. Will need further confirmation....BUT THIS DOES NOT LOOK GOOD."
Um, is it still ok to speculate here or do you have some self-emanating authority which compels us all to post within acceptable parameters in our own areas of expertise. I'm not a professional journalist, very few of us here are, and this isn't the six o'clock news, it's a discussion forum. The OP is a respected member of this community, if you had come to one of my threads to call me a liar, I would certainly have had a similar response for you. Take your own advice and keep YOUR 'irrelevant personal drama' to a dull roar would you, the rest of us are trying to read the thread. I look at the webicorders for Yellowstone all the time, and yeah, they were busy this morning. If I had started this thread I think that I would perhaps have presented it from more of a interrogative point of view, but I wouldn't have put up with you either.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I have one thing to say to the folks who straight up don't believe what me or other people are experiencing.

COME ON UP. Yes, that is right. Come on up here, and stay for a few weeks, heck, stay for two or three months.
Then you too, can share in my complete frustration (and my friends and family's frustrations) at feeling these jolts or tremors that go unreported.

Because you see, I could come here tonight and tell you that I and my husband, and my neighbors down the road felt a rocking sensation at 12:15 AM. But you won't believe us because .... once again I don't see it reported.

I can't prove to anyone what I'm feeling here. Either you take my word for it, or you don't. Otherwise the going back and forth is fruitless and pointless.

That is all folks. Peace.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by zappafan1
reply to post by superman2012

Here's one you can check:
www.earthwaves.org...

The most current (two minutes ago) was listed as 1.2, I believe. Not much. If Yellowstone blows at even half the intensity that created that large of a caldera, hug and kiss your loved ones as soon as possible, as you'll never again get the chance; except maybe in heaven.

Oh what a crock of fear mongering crud..!!!

If Yellowstone goes up, no denyin it, the eruption will be bad for humans and all other life on earth for sure...

But I'm sick and tired of hearing all this "all life on earth will die", crap..!!

If YS goes boom life would still go on. Not as normal but it would still go on.

The death toll would be staggering in the US but it won't be from the explosion, The fallout of ash will do most of the damage across several US States over a period of several weeks. More people in the immediate area will simply freeze and starve to death in the aftermath than will die in the explosion.

The ash cloud will make it's way around most of the Northern hemesphere. The Jetstream/Gulfstream would become clogged, preventing warm air/water circulating from the Southern Hemesphere to the Northern. This would cause two things.

1 a mini Ice age for the north, as the warm air cannot move in and the sun is blocked by the ash cloud.

2 a super summer in the south as the warmer air and water is trapped in the south, the temperatures wil rise on average about 5 - 6 degrees.

Hardly an end to the human race though, we'll have to addapt, but thats what we humans do best..!!

The human race has lived trough many major events like and is still thriving. The story won't be any different this time either. In fact, we'll probably fare even better this time round, due to the level of our technology..!!
edit on 3/12/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
My husband went through the Loma Prieta quake back in '89.

He told me that for days on end, they kept feeling mild jolts and tremors leading up the that big one. He also remembers the news downplaying it, and the USGS giving it zero attention. They kept having little ones constantly until BAM Loma Prieta hit.

I'm NOT fear mongering, I'm telling the truth. There is no reason to lie about what is going on. We need to be aware and being aware is the right thing to do. If the USGS had warned or at least given attention to the constant tremors before the Loma Prieta, we wonder who would have been alive. Who knows.

If these continue every day, we are moving, according to him. We'll see. Just wanted to share that with this thread.
edit on 12-3-2011 by Thunder heart woman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
[off-topic comments removed]

Back onto topic now, I think everyone should look into buying some high quality mask, it could mean life or death for you and your family if Yellowstone ever goes off. Because you don't want to breathe in on it since the magma solidifies later on. You don't want those inside your body. It never hurts to have a box or two packed up. You really don't want to breathe in, it would do well even for earthquakes to reduce the amount of debris you may inhale.
edit on 12-3-2011 by YourKing because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/12/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
**ATTENTION**

Moving forward all discussion is to be focused on the topic, not each other. Further off topic posts and attacks towards fellow members will result in post removal and warnings.

Mod Edit: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Post On Topic – Please Review This Link.

Do not reply to this post.

Thank You.

~Keeper
ATS Moderator

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

There's not one person on this site that has'nt got things wrong sometimes in their life TA. That EQ in Japan has sent vibrations through this planet that is the likes of nothing l have seen in my lifetime. l follow all the quake threads on here, l know the effort you put in and appreciate it. yesterday you were on your own doing the best you could, l thank you for that. Just think how you would feel had you been correct and said nothing. Peace starchild.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Well you could make your own homemade seismometer. Take a long rod and stick a pen (non ballpoint), let it swing freely and have rolling paper trace it while you record the event. Make sure the long rod moves freely at the joint and make sure it is long as this will amplify the earthquakes...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Had a mag 5.1 in japan about 25min ago showed on GEE as about -20 to +30
In yellowstone today while i was watching GEE we had 2 that i saw, wich were reading about -10 to +15 or close to.
Wouldn't that be a quake?? if only just rumbles??

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Another lurker finally posting.

How about this map ?

hisz.rsoe.hu...

There seems to be a lot of small earthquakes near volcanic areas around the world, though I don't know how normal it is to have such tremors.

Does this seems normal to the earthquake experts ?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
i keep getting what i think must be glitches just now and in last hr saying its going up to 900.
Must be the program buggin out.
on TA H17A BHE
edit on 12-3-2011 by chooselove because: missing info

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Just had another big one off the coast of japan -93 to +73
edit on 12-3-2011 by chooselove because: wrong numbers

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join