It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh no, Yellowstone May have been awakened by the 8.8

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

this whole thread is a lie based on misreading of a seismo.

there should be rules against people that cannot read seismos making threads, and do an ATS search, there are plenty of false seismo based threads, mostly perpetuated by the same posters.

You know what? The OP is a good guy, and anyone can make a mistake or misread something and I didnt notice you correcting the error in the beginning of the thread. Nope. I noticed you being a nasty to the OP then too. Much like now.

I would rather have someone good intentioned who actually does have some skill in the matter make a mistake, than some .............................guy .........................like you who doesnt know jack about the topic who was right purely on accident.

Even a broken troll is right twice a day, isnt that how it goes?

OP lied about a seismo, didn't provide any proof at all, shouted and swore at me and others when asked to provide references and proof of dramatic claims. You think such behaviour as nice? I think it isn't!

I know plenty about geology, geophysics, geomagnetics, quakes, seismos, etc hence the fact I said from the start the seismos were being misread and the activity was detection of world events.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springheel Jack
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Dude, chill man. if you payed attention like 20 pages ago, the graphs are from GEE program, free to download, which gives real time seismo readings from all over. Get up to speed before you start accusing people, hmmm?

And... if you look at the loooooooong running thread What's Going on at Yellowstone you will see and understand that TA is not a troll. So please, look before you leap.

Some peoples kids...

more like tell OP to try learning before spouting nonsense.

try taking your own advice and stop defending rude posters that only swear at others for questioning their very questionable attempts at reading seismos.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by YourKing

trolling? multiple screen name? much?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This is STILL going on?

How about we concentrate on more important things right now....and leave this thread for what it was meant for. If anything develops in the park you know it will be immediately reported. If you dont care, than don't open the thread.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by felonius

I could never live in a highrise. I dont think I could even work in one. That video just makes me feel more justifed for my paranoia about them.

Yes it was brilliant engineering, and it worked, but no thanks.

perhaps you should give it a try!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

To be fair, I did go back and reread all your posts.

And I apologize, and I will edit my other post. You did not specifically say you thought these were the Japan quakes tremors vibrating around the world, at least not in a way someone like me who doesnt know much about seismos and Earthquakes could understand it.

You began your posting by assuming the worst about the OP, and obviously many of us who appreciate the information we do get via him, reacted to your nasty tone, when we should have been considering YOUR input too.

Which is something you should learn from the TnC since you brought it up several times in regard to your opinion this info should end up in the other Yellowstone thread. Attack the argument not the arguer.

I think if you had not acted like the OP was being malicious, you could have added a lot to this thread, instead of just getting everyone defensive.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Ok, well to those that understand what has gone down here and stood up for me, thank you. I really do appreciate your support. And it is to you, my dear friends, that I do sincerely apologize.
It appears this time I was most definitely wrong. I trust what PuterMan says after he analyzes the matter at hand. And the truth is the truth, no matter what. If he can't find anything local, he might have missed something, but I doubt it. We have to trust SOMEONE.

Part of the problem here is that I knew the time of all this and I knew he was not going to be around for quite a lot of hours cause of our time zone differences. I was cursing that fact, believe me, and even commented as such in u2u to westcoast.

But in all fairness, so many of you do not know the story of what was going on behind the scenes. I had people living near Yellowstone u2u'ing me asking me if it was time to go. Now if my intent here was malicious, as some are insinuating, what do you think I would have told them?

In every case I said no, to wait for further confirmation, that we would need confirmation of harmonic tremor in the park before they should even consider leaving.

I do have a pretty good bit of experience watching and running GEE. I didn't, however, have the experience of running it when an 8.9 earthquake strikes and causes the LKWY station at Yellowstone to go into the mm/sec range- not to mention show the kind of signatures I was seeing as posted in the first few pages. Yeah, you better well believe it I freaked.

So PuterMan is out, everyone else is screaming about Japan, and here I am seeing all this. Those signatures you see, with the short decays is not what I am used to seeing as teleseisisms. Big quakes always have real long decays, even at considerable distance. But something about the path of travel and geologic features in this case causes them to appear like you see in the screenshots. I didn't understand that and it was outside my previous experience. And man, these things were coming in like back to back, small signatures, repetitive, quick.

Problem is, neither westcoast or me were seeing the same things at the source of the big quake. There were no smaller signatures like that, and the big quakes certainly weren't coming in as fast as westcoast and me were registering these signatures at Yellowstone. For all intents and purposes at the time, these totally appeared local due to all of the above, and westcoast and I were in agreement on that. The signatures had many characteristics of being local. But we needed corroborating analysis. Unfortunately, our best trusted source was not available.

Now in that circumstance, what's a person supposed to do? Just shut up and say nothing? I know the ramifications of Yellowstone exploding, and I did not take any chances. I posted what I could while everything else was going on.

So that's how this happened. And I am truly sorry to let my friends down. And it is because of you, friends, that I make this post to give you some further understanding of how I made this mistake. They say "better safe than sorry." So everyone's safe, and I'm the one who's sorry. Oh well, that's life.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Sorry about the too-short post but I have been following the thread since it started and I for one have really appreciated the info.
I realize that quakes are happening all the time all over the world but I've been watching this live quake map and... well... Things just look awfully 'Quakey' around here. I am in SoCal and it is starting to make me nervous. I've got the place as quake ready as possible. Removing art from walls and such...
Maybe I should step away from the live quake map.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Hi. I must point out that I don't live in the USA. I saw a documentary on Caldera's a few months ago. You said you live in Houston, well you have every right to be scared. If a large portion of Yellowstone erupts,the population within 100 miles will be dead,instantly, less and less the further you are away. The fallout from the eruption will blanket the continental USA, killing wildlife and people, eventually winterizing nearly all of CONUS.
Stay safe my friend
Happy Trails.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
TrueAmerican, we are glad you're here. We're glad you try to inform us, don't feel bad.
We all learned something from this

At least you try and help us around here for free which I admire.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by juggalo77
reply to post by TrueAmerican

hi sorry if i seem ignorant but what will happen if yellowstone is affected??? what exactly would that do??? thanks in advance

Pretty much most of north america and probably an equal portion of canada would be pretty messed and millions upon millions would probably die within the first days. If it erupts as a super volcanoe, pretty much consider that the next big extinction. The sun would be darken all over the world. We'd have something similar to a nuclear winter.

Watch 2012. You'll see the perfect example of what would happen in yellostone if it blew.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
TA.... I just read your prediction thread about the Japan quake for the first time. Good God, what you must have been feeling. I know you had mentioned before expecting to see something big in Japan, but I had not seen that thread. Wow.

As to this thread...those of us who 'know' you. know your intent. No need to apologize, my respect for you is beyond that.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by YourKing

trolling? multiple screen name? much?

Theabsolutetruth, I sincerely feel sorry for your lack of intellectual capacity. Consider this my last time conversing with you. I assure you this is not trolling nor multiple screen name, you are simply in denial and it's a very sad thing to see that you can't accept the truth despite your alias. It only appears as trolling because you lack the reading comprehension to discern. In which case you automatically assume anyone who disagrees with you as a troll or the same person with multiple screen name. You can ask the MOD to see if my IP matches any other user on this forum. And he'll tell you I'm someone else. Anyway have a good day.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
What caused this whirlpool? I've never seen such a thing in association with a quake. A crack in the ocean where it drains out!? This is nuts!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Apparently whirlpools after tsunamis is normal. They say there was one after the 2004 tsunamis. www.csmonitor.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by thepixelpusher

Outgoing water my friend. Just run your hand through a bath, fishtank, pond etc, and the same thing occurs.

Did it myself before posting.

But on that scale?

Glad I wasnt out fishing.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Hey guys. I have been on the japan EQ thread and checking USGS every ten minutes or so....Twice California came up with a question mark for the magnitude then promptly dissapeared. I went and checked the Cali/Nevada map and nothing is showing up for these times ( I was watching the worldwide 2.5+mag thread) Did you guys get any readings from GEE? The last one was about 5 minutes ago. It's wierd with all the EQ's in Japan at the moment and nothing going on elsewhere. Thanks Guys.

P.S. STOP BICKERING!!!! There is some serious crap going down right now and we have alot to be thankful for.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I'm a new member but have been a reader for several weeks. I also have been a lead contributor & member of a
popular forum. I know what it's like. Most of the time your info is dead on but an unusual event can throw you off.
Personally, I could see and feel your urgency in your initial post as well as later posts. While you were working with data & real people wanting info & answers; a very anxiety provoking time, you were having to field questions about your : real life credintials, your site creds, and even your personal morals. That can cause people to "jump" when they normally wouldn't. To me, it was a normal reaction under that kind of stress. I took it into account when reading through.

So if you should find yourself in that situation again just throw this pic up, handle the situation at hand, and then address the "Nay-Sayers" later. I'm not saying the Nay-Sayers are right or wrong, just not a good time to be argueing about it. Not for you & not for those who are reading along and needing info.

Sometimes nay-saying posts are made to make another lose their temper and embarrass themselves or act differently then they normally would. This may not be the case this time but the patterns are very similar.
Just try to keep in mind that some people get off on upsetting others, period.
edit on 11-3-2011 by ConsentioExpono because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
TA, WESTCOAST, and PUTERMAN:

Kudos to your work. Thanks, OP, for putting this out, as the other Aholes out there would rather attack than listen.....

TA, your heart is in the right place. You better Fing do it the next time too, with the slightest burp. I would do the presentation the same way.

WC, thanks for backing him up. It helped me to understand a second opinion is there to support and not tear down. I could feel the vibes from what 3 other posters a mile away. It was like WTF are these TPTB dissenters trying to disrupt a smoothly running data gathering forum?

PM? Awesome, thanks. I will Sit myself if you ever say UTOH.

Anyway, people should get my drift. This site isn't about attacking others, it's about getting information out. Sure, you may not believe what you read, but it pains me when people re-post simply to attack others in their posts. That is not supposed to be the spirit of things. I've discovered there are a few people I dislike here, just because of their demeanor. I'm not the judge, just going by initial vibes.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
After reading most of these posts and doing a little of my own investigation, I must agree that something is brewing....
as of a time line it looks like something within the next few days or possibble a little longer. Yellowstone has never been a very stable enity but I must say its not been this erratic in a long while. I look forward to following this thread and seeing what other useful info pops up and hopefully not be seeing it from the ever after. May true wisdom be with you all in this search.Times like thes call for the wanderers to wander and find a truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join