It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh no, Yellowstone May have been awakened by the 8.8

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Yeah, here is your fricken citation:

THOSE ARE LOCAL.

Things are moving too fast here. You think I'd kid about something like this???? Jesus.

amd I the only one who doesnt see a date on this "citation"? Hows Yellowstone doing now?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
your word 'may' concerns me. Aliens 'may' arrive this year. Obama 'may' get asassinated. An unknown comet 'may' hit the earth. Taupo in NZ 'may' erupt. A nuclear war 'may' start.

See what I mean. Things will happen come what 'may'
edit on 11-3-2011 by daggyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

i have been watching yellowstone only on GEE over the last few hrs i can assure you there is definite activity there.
I am not by any stretch of the imagination an expert on this stuff but i have been comparing the amplitude readings from areas that are definitely being reported as active. Yellowstone is sitting at most times between -1 and about +2 about an hr or so ago we had spikes of +8 to +10. I believe this can be classed as activity, yes?
maybe i'm wrong but looks that way to me
Or does it need to go 50+? or more i dont know this is all a bit much

edit on 11-3-2011 by chooselove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

For any of you that may have no idea concerning the yellowstone issue, here are a couple of projections from past events. These are staggering to say the least.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by chooselove

i have been watching yellowstone only on GEE over the last few hrs i can assure you there is definite activity there.
I am not by any stretch of the imagination an expert on this stuff but i have been comparing the amplitude readings from areas that are definitely being reported as active. Yellowstone is sitting at most times between -1 and about +2 about an hr or so ago we had spikes of +8 to +10. I believe this can be classed as activity, yes?
maybe i'm wrong but looks that way to me

it is normal activity and detection of world events picked up by the seismos in the world everywhere.

this whole thread is a lie based on misreading of a seismo.

there should be rules against people that cannot read seismos making threads, and do an ATS search, there are plenty of false seismo based threads, mostly perpetuated by the same posters.

people that aren't trained to know how to read seismos should read information from the experts on the live global or area updates on sites such as USGS, these people are trained to interpret seismos and any threats or warnings will appear in real time on main realtime updates.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

For any of you that may have no idea concerning the yellowstone issue, here are a couple of projections from past events. These are staggering to say the least.

we all know Yellowstone is a major threat, hence the reason people should research data properly or ask an expert before posting lies about seismos and telling people to ''go pray''.

fear mongering is not good especially when it concerns something as much of a threat as Yellowstone.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I really don't trust TPTB to warn us. look at what has just happened in japan. They were not warned and we've been watching 20+ earthquakes going off there for the last few days prior. What about the posts from people living in the area of yellowstone, reporting that they were experiencing tremors first hand?
Yellowstone aside, all the other quakes along the ring of fire are concerning, no? volcano going off in russia etc..
wild times. I am not willing to take any of this lightly right now and will watch and research until i do understand.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Yeah, here is your fricken citation:

THOSE ARE LOCAL.

Things are moving too fast here. You think I'd kid about something like this???? Jesus.

amd I the only one who doesnt see a date on this "citation"? Hows Yellowstone doing now?

there isn't any date or reference on this ''citation'' and the activity wasn't local.

shouting lies at people and swearing at posters when they asked for real proof is trolling.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

This is some kind of amazing.

Brilliant engineering!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

My interest was in the reason this happened, on this and many other occasions, and you can see the results of my email to the USGS here: qvsdata.wordpress.com...

PffffffffffT........just luv your reference to buffalo farts! At least now I know you really do have a sense of humor....(giggle)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Montana sensors feel Japan too...www.nbcmontana.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

NOAA is a well established source for data of ongoing events and warnings,the quote states all there is to know-geoaffective events(Earthquakes) expected 12th-13th late on 12th
source

Geophysical Activity Forecast: The geomagnetic field is expected to be unsettled to active for the next three days (11-13 March) with a slight chance for minor to major storm conditions, particularly at high latitudes. Effects from the 07 March CME will slowly subside during day one (11 March), but the arrival of a coronal hole high speed stream is expected to become geoeffective late on day two (12 March) through day three (13 March).

Solar speed is ramping up and increasing internal geomagnetic rebound energy predicts from NOAA the data above.
Thanks gringo .

edit on 11-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

Your post made my stomach drop. Please tell me I interpreted it wrong, I confuse easily with lack of sleep.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lostsock

Read the source it is as stated next 48 hours geoactive although g1 level it is reported as unpredictive .www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

this whole thread is a lie based on misreading of a seismo.

there should be rules against people that cannot read seismos making threads, and do an ATS search, there are plenty of false seismo based threads, mostly perpetuated by the same posters.

You know what? The OP is a good guy, and anyone can make a mistake or misread something .

Edit; to remove unfair comments about theabsolutetruth.

edit on 11-3-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Dude, chill man. if you payed attention like 20 pages ago, the graphs are from GEE program, free to download, which gives real time seismo readings from all over. Get up to speed before you start accusing people, hmmm?

And... if you look at the loooooooong running thread What's Going on at Yellowstone you will see and understand that TA is not a troll. So please, look before you leap.

Some peoples kids...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

I could never live in a highrise. I dont think I could even work in one. That video just makes me feel more justifed for my paranoia about them.

Yes it was brilliant engineering, and it worked, but no thanks.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Theabsolutetruth and a few others... I signed up just to let you know how annoying and feeble you are.

Like the majority of the reader, we greatly appreciate TrueAmerican, Westcoast and Puterman for their time and hard work.

First of all you have no idea what you're talking about and you keep trying to discredit their legitimate concern by your lack of proper reading comprehension. Never once did he claim it was fact, it was known as speculation from the very beginning. He has the right to be concerned and speculate when his source [ a very legitimate source GEE] is showing such indication.

You keep saying how he's doing more harm than good. You are absolutely wrong, he is not trying to instill fear, in fact I appreciate what he's doing. I rather be mentally prepared and alert so if the tragedy do occur, I would be absolutely in the right state of mind to handle the crisis. Whereas if you receive absolutely no warning and it comes out as a unknown surprise, which I'm sure many people have never heard of Yellowstone... They would be so shocked and lost as to what to do. It's all about the mentality and by failing to prepare, you're preparing for failure. In that regard I thank TrueAmerican for alerting us. You seem to trust the government a bit too much. and their "official source" Did you know that they most likely follow a chain of command? When you follow a chain of command you aren't free to do what really counts, it all depends on the will of the decision maker. In that respect, I trust the people, normal people like TrueAmerican with knowledge to speak their mind, because they have nothing to lose for stating their opinion. Japan is said to be one of the most well equipped nation in the world when it comes to dealing with Earthquake and Tsunami.. Did you know citizens only got a 1 minute warning prior to what happened? Yes 1 minute warning in the most prepared country in the world... That just goes to show you that "credible source" as you claim cannot be fully relied upon. You need to widen your source instead of limiting it to a few. Trust me you'll do yourself a lot better. TrueAmerican is glad that he's wrong, aren't we all? It's a good thing that those event on the graph isn't local. You should thank him and be grateful that he's on the edge looking out at these things and warning us, because it shows that there are people out there like him that truly cares and isn't doing it because it's their job. These are the people that would inform us before something really devastating is about to occur, he's wrong this time and we're all happy for that including himself.. But don't take away from his effort and his focus. It's not a bad thing. I rather be alert and told prior as to what's coming instead of waking up to chaos dumbfounded and unknown as to what's about to happen. Make your choice, it's obvious which one you picked, since you seem like a very naive person who never accomplished anything in life nor understand the importance of focus and being in the right state of mind. Being sharp, alert and prepared is not a bad thing. Especially in times like these, it's important that people are alert and wake up as to the reality that may strike them. Instead of thinking it'll never happen to them.. Make preparation and keep following warnings like these.. Expand your sources so it's not limited to a few "credible source" which theabsolutetruth seems to worship.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gringoboyNOAA is a well established source for data of ongoing events and warnings,the quote states all there is to know-geoaffective events(Earthquakes) expected 12th-13th late on 12th
source

Geophysical Activity Forecast: The geomagnetic field is expected to be unsettled to active for the next three days (11-13 March) with a slight chance for minor to major storm conditions, particularly at high latitudes. Effects from the 07 March CME will slowly subside during day one (11 March), but the arrival of a coronal hole high speed stream is expected to become geoeffective late on day two (12 March) through day three (13 March).

Solar speed is ramping up and increasing internal geomagnetic rebound energy predicts from NOAA the data above.

I'm certainly not doubting your source if you took my question to mean that I appologize - LOL I wouldn't even know how to dispute the idea since I don't understand the picture.

I read the text I understood it in those terms just was curious what the picture was supposed to me showing me as opposed to one in which the earthquake activity wouldn't be effected.

Like how to look at the picture and go.."Oh, yeah those red lines on the top side = good" or something like that.

Thanks for the response - cheers!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by YourKing

Darn right. Good post.

I also appreciate the ATS earthquake experts. I would by far rather have a few false alarms than get no warnings at all and get blindsided.

Just like all the people who got bent that the Swine flu didnt kill everyone. They chastised the scientists for the warning. Not me. Tell me. I would by far rather err on the side of caution. In Hawaii there were several times when the Tsunami warning sirens went off, and we packed up and drove for higher ground, and .................nothing happened.

But oh well. I would rather do that a thousand times than drown in a tsunami.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join