It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh no, Yellowstone May have been awakened by the 8.8

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by redtic

Nope.

I've exhausted my knowledge on this subject. I would assume the different stations could correlate the movement of the shock waves around the earth. That's probably not even right though, but like I said... I don't know, sorry.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'm not trying to contradict, insult, or degrade your concern. However, these sort of seismic recordings are common after major quakes. I am NOT discounting the posibility of caldera activity. Just stating the known scientific data.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
reply to post by zenius

Oh, I have stations on my shore pulled up...trust me.

Funny, I had been keeping away from GEE all day on purpose because I had been feeling so anxious.

I had such a strong premonition earlier tonight that I posted about it on the arkansas thread. My 'big quake' dog started barking about 1/2 hr before it hit and I wrote about that on my Wa thread.

Less than five minutes after I sat down and loaded up GEE (I couldn't stand it any longer) I saw the P waves rolling in through my state and Yellowstone. I feared immediately that this would trigger the pacific plate, Yellowstone and Arkansas. I mean, those waves were MASSIVE.

Nope...won't be sleeping much tonight...my feelings are still running very strong. This isn't over yet guys.

ETA: You can tell it is local because the start of the quake will be a very sharp line...if it is from a distance it will be more gradual (typically)....and the waves (S/P) hit at different times.
edit on 11-3-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

Please tell me about your "Quake Dog" . I get this feeling like I am worried about something really worried when there is nothing going on in my life to warrant it at the moment. I got it before Hurricane Andrew, a locally bad hurricane Floyd and just before 9/11 I thought there was another bad hurricane headed our way. I kept checking the NOAA graphs and there was nothing. I have had it for the past two weeks and on Weds night I saw the first quake in Japan and the tsunami threat but when I got up the next day I saw that it was not really anything to worry about. Very little news reported. So I told myself that wasnt it. When the event happens its kind of like popping a pimple. (sorry gross I know but apprepo) The releif is immediate. I still feel tense. You?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Great thread S+F, however quick question, why has no activity registered at RSOE ? They have listed the tsunamis, but when you click on Yellowstone it shows no earthquakes registered ?!

Check out this link to see ....

hisz.rsoe.hu...

This is not to say I don't doubt the activity which has been presented here, just more a why isn't this being kept undated ? or is it that the data provided by OP isn't earthquake but something else ?

Maybe its a lack of knowledge on my part, could someone fill in the gaps for me please

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
If you're serious, we may very well be screwed when it erupts.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

I don't want to get too far off topic, but if you go through my washington state thread (in my sig) I talk about him quite a bit. I also posted a video of my other dog reacting to seismic recordings on the Arkansas thread.

Different dogs react in different ways. You have to get to know them and make the correlations.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
it is a thread like this that makes me wish i never took my head out of the sand lol ! wow yellowstone not good !!!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CordDragonzord
Unlike a lot of countries, I think Japan has handled this pretty well.

There are 8 deaths reported and I think that the oil refinery that was on fire just exploded.

Anyways, I hope that everyone near there is safe.

Now at 9:48 am EST reports of over 200 bodies washing up as water receeds. Also there is a possible leak at a nuclear reactor plant where there is not enough power available to cool the reactors. People in the immediate vacinity are being evacuated as we speak.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I am sligtly more informed about the science of volcanos and earthquakes than I am at understanding my wife's moods; that said I appreciate the information from the OP about this event.

I also found a couple images on line that people had asked about in this thread so here they are.

This one is historical ashfal from some past big events over a US Map for refference.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6f63e2415c9d.jpg[/atsimg]

This one is just a 600 mile circle around the volcano not taking any wind or other issues into consideration.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca43e6de769d.jpg[/atsimg]

S&F for you I will stay tuned. Hope the pics are helpful for folks.
edit on 11/3/2011 by Golf66 because: resize pic

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
please pray for them everyone, simply because there is nothing physical we can do.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Hey TA,

Been reading this thread. Stuff is crazy. I know it's not really on topic and you mentioned it takes a lot out of you.. I tried to u2u you but couldn't find anything anywhere on my profile (was it removed by ats?)... Anyways, I wanted to ask you... How did you do this? I mean, speaking to the cosmos as you put it... I'd really love to learn.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by trekwebmaster
reply to post by TrueAmerican

try this link True American

UTAH YELLOWSTONE

quake.utah.edu...
edit on 11-3-2011 by trekwebmaster because: (no reason given)

Thank you. I like this link because it shows almost the past week, and shows that there was a quake just as big in the last few days.

Nothing to see here, folks. Everything is as it should be.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
From David Wilkerson's Book, "The Vision":

Chapter 2 Drastic Weather Change and Earthquakes ( The Vision by David Wilkerson-published in 1974)

Earthquakes coming to United States
The United States is going to experience in the not-too-distant future the most tragic earthquakes in its history. One day soon this nation will be reeling under the impact of the biggest news story of modern times. It will be coverage of the biggest most disastrous earthquake in history.

It will cause widespread panic and fear, Without a doubt, it will become one of the most completely reported earthquake ever. Television networks will suspend all programming and carry all day coverage.

Another earthquake , possibly in Japan may precede the one that I see coming here. There is not the slightest doubt in my mind about this forthcoming massive earthquake in our continent.

I am not at all convinced that this earthquake will take place in California. In fact, I believe it is going to take place where it is least expected. This terrible earthquake may happen in an area that not known as an earthquake belt. It will be so high on the Richter scale that it will trigger two other major earthquakes.

I don't trust every prophet, but I certainly trust David Wilkerson.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Any updates on the situation?
Looks to me like the activity is subsiding, but to be fair, not my area of expertise....
Data

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Someone correct me if I am incorrect as I have no quotes or citation. But I once heard that if YS does erupt, everything on the map you posted within the 600 mile radius would be obliterated. Again, this is only what I heard.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I still think the seismographs tend to react, in the case of a major temblor somewhere else. And, Yellowstone may have more than its normal share of recorders?? Being monitored more than most other places?

Now....about this:

....someone knows that I would never BS on something like this.

You may be very knowledgeable about earthquakes....but, since YOU brought up BSing about "things"....might want to re-evaluate some of those links in your signature......

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkATi

Well I guess we'll find out if he is right. Down right scary though.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
This is crazy..I'm in L.A...ya know, I always mean to make a bug-out bag but never get around to it..

I'm gonna get around to it today. believe it. God bless everyone.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

Yes, yellowstone is a threat and needs to be monitored. Yes we should appreciate the fact that people like the OP spending THEIR time monitoring this stuff, but we're not going to take anything on faith, seriously.

[..snip...]

I'm confused as to why this thread is even here when there is already an Yellowstone thread. I don't think the OPs intention was to fear monger, but it did indeed come off that way. Everyone needs to relax and put things into perspective. Latching a sensationalistic thread to a very real disaster in an effort to get post counts up is quite lame, and if that indeed was the case, epic lame and should tarnish that record of amazing posts.

Most of your post I agreed with Phishy and was well articulated.....there are so many things going on now in the world which makes people like the OP valuable in one sense....they spend some of their personal time to try and be informed and pass what information they can on.......and in this regard, I do not feel the OP was TRYING to instill fear, but it may have come across that way from those simply annoyed at folks they consider "Chicken Littles"...."haters are gonna hate" right?

Having said that, without those folks keeping a watchful eye on things, we'd simply just rely on mainstream media to keep us "informed" and most of us should know how futile that is, eh? I don't think anyone here is a "prophet" or has the ability to "supernaturally" foretell anything (at least not on a regular basis).....so folks *do* need to chill and just keep their own eyes open. I just don't see what's so hard about ignoring (i.e. not replying) to something one doesn't agree with unless they themselves are looking to show how "intelligent" they are and adding to "their" post count....

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sandrokuptos
To anyone who's unsure of the strength of such an earthquake, the last one happened about 70,000 years ago and took the human population down to about 5-10,000.

No, the event you are talking about was not an earthquake, although I don't doubt there were earthquakes associated with it, but rather the Toba supervolcano's last major eruption. It took place 73,500 years ago plus or minus 3,000 years.

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join