It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh no, Yellowstone May have been awakened by the 8.8

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Thanks TA for the thread

I think I have GEE figured out now.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
there are people that monitor seismo's and there are live updates on reputable sites such as USGS.

Here is an example of a seismo showing apparent activity though is perfectly normal and isn't a threat.

www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk...

these areas are near where I am and there aren't any quakes here.

making a thread telling people of the UK to ''go pray'' then further on using these seismos as 'proof' would be scaremongering and very misleading.

Seismo's are best read and interpreted by those qualified to and these people are working on data which is translated accordingly and appropriately to these sites in live format.

If there was a risk it would be on these sites.
edit on 11-3-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Dude give it a rest...serious # is about to go down and with the energy that the Tsunamis are bringing to the west coast it is only common sense that those same energy waves will ride through the coast and trigger a chain reaction that is leading up to Yellowstone.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Quick! someone call Charlie Frost!!

(Woody Harrelson/2012)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Yellowstone is NOT showing ANY extra activity.

My source is the USGS volcanoes.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

You realize I hope that a tsunami is a tidal wave.. Not a kinetic reaction in the Tectonic plates?
Yellowstone is far in on the tectonic shelf, though there is a lot of volcanic activity from the subduction over on the coast-the quake would have to be massively more powerful to really trigger a reaction. This activity in YS just looks like it's normal (relatively recent) burbling.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

uhhh wha?? There misinterpreting graphs, then there's just wtf are you on about. I'm putting you in the latter.

A few points. No one gives a crap about your ATS points rating, ok? No, I'm not going to go read every post by a poster to see he's "legit" each and every post should stand on it's own.

Yes, this thread, well the first few pages at least, come off as fear mongering with little information, which was eventually provided in a condescending manner. All you need to do is scroll through and count the T&C violations, and which "side" these people are on, it's clear.

Yes, yellowstone is a threat and needs to be monitored. Yes we should appreciate the fact that people like the OP spending THEIR time monitoring this stuff, but we're not going to take anything on faith, seriously.

People question your theory and you tell them to get the heck out of the thread? Really? That's how we operate here? I'm confused, I thought we came to deny ignorance and talk about these subjects, not tell people to pray then demand anyone with a different fact or view leave. Why even open the thread?

I have no clue how to read those graphs, and would never attempt to. The point is, your background, history, points, don't mean CRAP. If you are posting on a subject, especially here, you'd best be able to make that stand on it's own and back it up. You've also got to be willing to be wrong.

I'm confused as to why this thread is even here when there is already an Yellowstone thread. I don't think the OPs intention was to fear monger, but it did indeed come off that way. Everyone needs to relax and put things into perspective. Latching a sensationalistic thread to a very real disaster in an effort to get post counts up is quite lame, and if that indeed was the case, epic lame and should tarnish that record of amazing posts.

Yellowstone is not part of the ring of fire, and as such would not be affected much IMO. As for the tsunami, even if you got large waves hitting the west coast of the US, I really don't see them bringing enough force to do anything other than flood, they aren't going to spark quakes with some magical force wave. A little wiki reading on the physics of liquid dynamics, specifically waves, would help clear that fear up.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

The movie 2012 plays out a scenario of Yellowstone erupting. I know, it's just a movie but from everything I've seen (History Channel, etc.) it could be somewhat like that. That's my concern living in the midwest because no one in America would be safe. My understanding is that it would be a life-ending event. I wish it would go back to sleep.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Seems to me it is very wise to keep an eye on Yellowstone since we are seeing a lot more activity.

EARTHQUAKE FREQ. GRAPH

We are in a grand Solar Minimum. The sun still has not gotten out of the basement.

Relationship between global seismicity and solar activities

Abstract
The relations between sunspot numbers and earthquakes (M≧6), solar 10.7 cm radio flux and earthquakes, solar proton events and earthquakes have been analyzed in this paper. It has been found that: (1) Earthquakes occur frequently around the minimum years of solar activity. Generally, the earthquake activities are relatively less during the peak value years of solar activity, some say, around the period when magnetic polarity in the solar polar regions is reversed. (2) the earthquake frequency in the minimum period of solar activity is closely related to the maximum annual means of sunspot numbers, the maximum annual means of solar 10.7 cm radio flux and solar proton events of a whole solar cycle, and the relation between earthquake and solar proton events is closer than others.....

263 J. Ind. Geophys. U nion ( October 2005 ) Vol.9, No.4, pp.263-276 Planetary Configuration: Implications for Earthquake Prediction...

J. Ind. Geophys. U nion ( October 2005 )
Vol.9, No.4, pp.263-276
Planetary Configuration: Implications for Earthquake
Prediction and Occurrence in Southern Peninsular India
N .Venkatanathan, N .Rajeshwara Rao, K.K.Sharma and P.Periakali
D epartment of Applied Geology, U niversity of M adras, School of Earth & Atmospheric Sciences,
Guindy Campus, A.C.College Buildings, Chennai – 600 025
E.m ai l:physi [email protected] ,physi cs16972@gm ai l.com

ABSTRACT

Though there have been several attempts at earthquake prediction from different perspectives, this attempt aims at establishing planetary configurations as a definitive means of earthquake prediction. When two or more planets, Sun and Moon are aligned more or less in line (0o or 180o) with the Earth, then the Earth would be caught in the middle of a huge gravity struggle between the Sun and the planets. The gravitational stresses would change the speed of the Earth in its orbit and when the speed of rotation of the earth changes the tectonic plate motion also gets affected. T he total angular momentum of planets involved in earthquake triggering mechanism can be calculated and the total force acting at the epicenter in a direction opposite to that of the earth’s rotation can also be determined. At the epicenter, the speed of rotation of the earth can be calculated with the help of available software. So the planetary forces in the opposite direction to the rotation of earth act as a triggering mechanism for the accumulated stress at faults and plate boundaries to be released abruptly. T his does not, however, mean that earthquakes will occur at all edges of the plate boundaries. Two of the parameters contributing to the triggering of an earthquake at a place are a) distance of epicenter from the planet position and b) direction of force acting at the possible epicenter. From the analysis of “ significant earthquakes” over the past 100 years from all over the world and from Southern Peninsular India, the relationship between (i) latitude, longitude, and magnitude of the tremor and (ii) distance from the planet and direction of forces acting at any point can be inferred. Such inferences already made for different localities in other parts of world have unfolded an accuracy of more than 75% with regard to earthquake prediction.

Some think the cyclical nature of the sun is due to planetary alignment. One of the guys used this theory to predict Solar Cycle 24 would be a dud (Grand solar minimum) NASA's Dr. Hathaway originally predicted a very Strong cycle 24 (Sunspot count over 200) so far the guy, who died several years ago BEFORE the start of cycle 24, seems to be correct.

Here is an explanation of the theory with good pictures. It also discusses the forces applied to the planet earth.

Since "At the epicenter, the speed of rotation of the earth can be calculated with the help of available software." This means looking at change in length of day.

As far as I can tell there ARE long term changes spanning years (6 yrs or 1/2 a sun cycle) and decades. The scientists have not yet figured out WHY.

A COMBINED LENGTH-OF-DAY SERIES
SPANNING 1832-1997:
Richard S. Gross
Space Geodetic Science and Applications Group
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
California Institute Technology
of
Pasadena, California

Changes in the Earth's rate of rotation are evident by comparing time kept by the rotating Earth, known as universal time, to uniform time scales based upon atomic clocks, known as either atomic time,or upon the motion of the Moon and other celestial bodies,known as ephemeris time.
Such comparisons have shown that the Earth's rate of rotation is not constant but exhibits changes
on the order of a few parts in108 with the largest amplitude variations occurring over decades...

Earth and ocean tidal terms have been removed from the derived length-of-day values and the lunar occultation measurements were adjusted be consistent with the most recent estimate the tidal acceleration to of the Moon... trs-new.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench30
reply to post by lordtyp0

Dude give it a rest...serious # is about to go down and with the energy that the Tsunamis are bringing to the west coast it is only common sense that those same energy waves will ride through the coast and trigger a chain reaction that is leading up to Yellowstone.

I must disappoint you. Tsunami have no even a percent of such energy to shake or move tectonic plate. So I wouldn't wait for a doom day if I was you. In fact the real energy travels throw tectonic plates itself so if there were a tumors beneath the surfaces of tectonic plates the main energy would travel to throw the rock no by the water. This wave comest to west bank of America when seismometers in California and other places register that probably almost instantly. That already happened and Yellowstone didn't blow up imitatively so there would be no other thing to wait fore. At last if we are talking about consequences of Japanese earthquake. I'm not talking that Yellowstone would not blow up anyway but tsunami would not be a reason. I'm sure.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Well GEE. (get it?)

I guess I have failed you all ATS because I did not prep my little post enough up to ATS standards in the midst of a crisis and caught up in so many other things at the same time.

But I do thank the mod who understood, and just gave me applause for the thread. Guess it wasn't all that bad, huh?

In the meantime, there is still definite, local INCREASED seismic activity happening at YS right now, even though it is small. My concern still stands that something has activated.

edit on Fri Mar 11th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

Read the very last sentence again people.

All of these people complaining "fear-mongering" need to wonder if it would actually be reported on these other sites or in the MSM about a potential E.L.E. from a volcanic area on earth. I understand you are concerned that things could be amiss with the OPs title, but read his words in his OP. He is not saying that it is definite, but he does hint at a potential for trouble.

Like the quoted text, he acknowledges the activity is small, but he also understands the potential for a chain-reaction within the magma-plume far below the surface. Don't get all retarded on here because you don't understand the possible implications that a relatively large earthquake could have on an unstable area of the earth. (Yes, it is unstable. That is why Yellowstone is the way it is, even though it has been apparently calm since modern-man has been around it)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I don’t post very much but just want to say I agree with you, I read how you and a few others DO investigate thoroughly and any claims made are only asserted after getting a full picture of events, a heads up is exactly that and NOT a claim of fact.

Keep up the good work cause i for one would like to keep abreast of goings on.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
ALERT! Volcano UPDATE after JAPAN 8.8 - ALL showing unrest! march 11, 2011

THIS def is not looking good

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

ALSO, HUGE OBJECT APPROACHES SUN,

Nasa stops displaying images, COR2, why?

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

sincerely, puppet00x.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by puppet00x

Bad troll. Shoo.
Bad.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Seitler

Right... MSM would censor it-government would censor it, but allow live feeds open to the public all over the world to the sensors. The rest, come on, think we can more on from the trollmongering comments-those were all before the most recent posts anyway.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

X-ray flare march 10 directly at earth. Earthquake to follow, tell me this doesn't fit together. Someone please reply I have more info at my house I'm only on my iPhone now.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

That was an awful movie. I've seen made-for-tv movies with better acting. Seriously? The guy from Charmed was the lead? Good grief. I switched off after the chase through the pallet storage yard it was do damn awful. I think they made it crap on purpose so people won't take 2012 seriously...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Look....I don't care if you think that the title and the first OP was scare mongering or not.

I don't give a rip if you think that the OP and myself are trolls that go fishing for flags

I don't care if you can read a seismograph or not

I am telling YOU that I am looking at LIVE FEED FROM THE PARK RIGHT NOW.....and there are quakes happening in the park almost non-stop. No, they are NOT LARGE quakes...they are called micro quakes, the sort you see with a SWARM.

A swarm in Yellowstone park deserves a thread of its own...that it seems to have been triggered by a massive quake is what is even more concerning because we understand even less what this might mean.

Don't you GET IT????

This may lead to nothing....there is the very slight chance it might lead to something. That alone is newsworthy.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Guys....guys....GUYS!!!!!!!!!!

Yellowstone is showing serious seismic activity now, and it appears to be originating from the park.

Umm, help?

Oh no... Pray peoples.

We can't see much of anything right now cause of all the huge S-waves. Will need further confirmation....BUT THIS DOES NOT LOOK GOOD.
edit on Fri Mar 11th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

While I do appreciate all the work you do regarding Yellowstone, not that I know your qualifications, but when you post something like this and expect people to just believe you, you have to either be over-tired or plain crazy. ATS is known, KNOWN, for demanding sources...and when anyone asked for the same of you, you acted in a very condescending manner towards any member who disagreed with you. Not proper decorum. I am not saying you are wrong, just like I won't say you are right (I am not qualified) but I can tell you that I will be taking your threads with a grain of salt from now on. You might want to rethink how you start off a thread as well. Telling people to pray, IS fear mongering. Everyone ganging up on people that question it is very telling about their personality. Please tell me your credentials for starting this thread, unless they are, "I look at this stuff all the time."

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join