It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami Warning Issued After M7.9 (8.9!)(Largest in 300yrs in Japan! 53 Cntries Tsunami Warning!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
My heart really goes out to the people of Japan. This video really shows the wave and devastation and even people in cars trying to out run it but sadly with no place to go....

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

In this video you can clearly see the sheer scale of this incident. But what this video doesnt tell you, is that the wave that formed on the back of this earthquake, probably hit land in many more locations than this one, and there is continued risk to other areas, islands, and nations, than Japan.
There is a moment during this video where the burning remains of what I can only assume was a fuel station or depot , is afloat, and on fire, the flaming,steaming ,smoking ruins of it sending plumes of petrochemical fumes into the air, through which the news chopper flies.
I have never seen such documentary evidence of the sheer power of tsunami before. I have seen the results, but this is the first time I have ever seen a top down , wide scale veiw of the devastating force of such a wave.
As powerful and shocking as the wave that hit this coastline is, I fear that in other locations, where the wave has had more time to accumulate its full speed potential, and size, this tsunami or group thereof, may prove one of the most destructive events in geological or hydrological disaster history.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfATS
This was largest earthquake in China in 300 years! Worried about Nuclear Plants. Worried a bunch of people dead! Worried that the tsunami could hit South America and US

In China?
300 years?
Pray tell... What equipment were they using to measure seismic activity 300 years ago?

IRM

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
The end of the world has arrived. This is just the start, things will get much much worse.

Brother... Please!

It is NOT the end of the world. It's just another earthquake albeit a pretty bad one. The world has been experiencing earthquakes of this magnitude and higher for millions upon millions of years and guess what... They weren't the end of the world! Embrace some rational thought! Running around carrying on like chicken little does not contribute anything constructive!

IRM :shk:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Standing by for heavy rolls in San Diego California … securing the weather decks … got up at 0400 PST … live a block from the Pacific Ocean … no warning system in place here … most people still asleep and unaware of what’s on the way … reports say tsunami wave will be about 1 meter high … remember, this is a more like the entire ocean raising 1 meter as the wave hits … could spell real trouble in low lying densely populated areas of Southern California … been calling as many people as possible … trying to get the word out

edit on 11-3-2011 by seasoul because: F.T.G.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Live stream....Hawaii Tsunami warning

www.ustream.tv...

or

blogs.wsj.com...
edit on 11-3-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Breaking News CNN Wave height just recorded in Maui of over 6 feet with a trough of 6 feet hitting right now.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Apparently this could get a hell of a lot worse as a nuclear plant is in danger of over heating...
My heart goes out to those poor people...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfATS

No need to panic.... skynews say the Tsunami is travelling no more.... the waves have stopped.... but i feel there will be a few more quakes to come in that area.... if i lived around there i'd get a flight out

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
God help the Japanese Nation.
God help Us.

What will happen when the tsunami hits the US West Coast? Will it be catastrophic? We will see.

Also; Obama changed his Pres Conference to 9:30PST; Is he allowing time for the Disaster to develop and affect the US?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Well the waves haven't really caused much damaged in other countries.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychedelicSam

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
The end of the world has arrived. This is just the start, things will get much much worse.

The end of the world as we know it

Things will indeed get much worse until our "alien" Gods return at the end of next year and ensure at least a thousand years of peace

Exciting times fellas!

Ah yes thats what i mean lol, must've forgot to include that

EDIT: Oh god, 1,000 dead
this is horrible
source: www.vancouversun.com...
edit on 11-3-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

US needing to deliver coolant to fukashima nuclear power plants. Back up system failed
www.vancouversun.com...
edit on 11-3-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Clif High (halfpasthuman.com), web Bot project indicated
that the Richter scale was recently changed by a magnitude of 1.0 That means 8.9 is in fact 9.9 of the previous scale. If anyone finds evidence to that effect it would be great to share...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Actually in 1200 years and not 300www.talkingpointsmemo.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
Breaking News CNN Wave height just recorded in Maui of over 6 feet with a trough of 6 feet hitting right now.

6 FEET? OMG that is HUGE...

Oh wait...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Here is some footage of the tsunami damage in Hawaii:

www.everbluefreediving.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Don't forget that in the Islands, the waves are measured from the back, not the face.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Don't forget that in the Islands, the waves are measured from the back, not the face.

Yeah I know... and the surge does the damage...

Here are a few videos coming in from the area

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

edit on 11-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: wrong thread.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Here is the full one.. those two cars looks like they just got out of the way. The watchers on the bridge are dumb. You see the bridge behind them go out

Wall of water, mud, debris and burning buildindgs flowing over the area tearing up anything in it's path

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join