It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami Warning Issued After M7.9 (8.9!)(Largest in 300yrs in Japan! 53 Cntries Tsunami Warning!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

did you guys here they just spread the tsunami warning out to a # load more country's Australia ,new zealand, ...even southern california.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

I just got page not found on that link.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedevos1
reply to post by jude11

did you guys here they just spread the tsunami warning out to a # load more country's Australia ,new zealand, ...even southern california.

Yeah, everywhere from Taiwan to AUS...They're telling Hawaii to get to higher ground.

www.weather.gov...

Warning: Japan, Russia, Marcus Is., N. Marianas, Guam, Wake Is., Taiwan A Tsunami Watch is in Effect For Yap, Philippines, Marshall Is., Belau, Midway Is., Pohnpei, Chuuk, Kosrae, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Nauru, Johnston Is., Solomon Is., Kiribati, Hawaii

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Flag this so people can see it on the homepage as soon as they log in? I'm still not sure how that works, but there is a potential tsunami coming.

Edit: Sorry I might be over reacting, but mother nature frightens me.
edit on 11-3-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by thedevos1

Ya I have a friend in cali im talking to right now they got warned about 30 minutes ago
edit on 11-3-2011 by brokenbullet56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by thedevos1

Yeah if you are watching the ABC live on either stream or TV, it's actually Japanese news coverage.
There was a ticker tape at the bottom saying that the Australian Bureau of Meterology said Australia is not affected.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
my god..... I'm watching the waves coming in live.....

I've seen lots of things in my life, but this is just ... words don't explain it.
Probably also the best footage of the deadly force of a tsunami.. god... I hope people are warned and get to safety!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Anyone here think this could have anything to do with the Recent mass amounts of solar flares?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Last hour shocks:

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Friday March 11 2011, 07:14:59 UTC 38 minutes ago Honshu, Japan 6.3 25.0 Detail
Friday March 11 2011, 07:13:47 UTC 39 minutes ago Honshu, Japan 5.9 28.5 Detail
Friday March 11 2011, 07:13:47 UTC 39 minutes ago Honshu, Japan 5.9 28.5 Detail
Friday March 11 2011, 07:10:59 UTC 42 minutes ago Honshu, Japan 5.8 30.0 Detail
Friday March 11 2011, 06:57:14 UTC 56 minutes ago Honshu, Japan 6.3 30.2 Detail
Friday March 11 2011, 06:48:47 UTC 64 minutes ago Honshu, Japan 6.3 22.3 Detail

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
Anyone here think this could have anything to do with the Recent mass amounts of solar flares?

That was my thought exactly.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

Doesn't seem likely that radiation would cause a massive earthquake under the ocean (water protects against radiation somewhat am I right? Also the atmosphere). However this one was particularly shallow I hear and who knows.

The thought of an underwater weapon of mass destruction test went through my mind though. Far more likely it is just a natural quake though, Japan is right beside a major fault line.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Watching live news... They are saying no "CONFIRMED" report of nuclear leak.. Does not sound so confident to me

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

Doesn't seem likely that radiation would cause a massive earthquake under the ocean (water protects against radiation somewhat am I right? Also the atmosphere). However this one was particularly shallow I hear and who knows.

Its not radiation. Its particles and effects ejected from the sun during massive solar flares (like the recent X1.5 and by recent i mean a day) and the CME(coronal mass ejections). Some scientists have proposed hypothesis that solar flares and CME's and connected with earthquakes, but no significant studies have been done. My opinion? it has 110% to do with earthquakes. There have been mass die offs of animals lately, and this. Earth is undergoing a massive change. And something tells me this is just the beggining, and the weakest of things to come

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
My thoughts are that the solar magnetic fields have a much greater impact on earth than we currently understand, and thats where the link is.

Just stated that there are no reports of nuclear problems and the plants shut down automatically. They cant confirm simply because they need to communicate with plants to be sure.

My thoughts are with the people of Japan, what a tragedy

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Well, there is some belief that recorded history has been fairly passive in its natural disasters compared to BC (Before civilization
), so it may just be that we are due. Throughout history here and there a time or two the earth has almost been wiped clean of complex organisms due to disasters, the origin of which are still debated about.

I won't comment on the suns ejection of particles and if you want to call it radiation or not.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by zvezdar
My thoughts are that the solar magnetic fields have a much greater impact on earth than we currently understand, and thats where the link is.

Just stated that there are no reports of nuclear problems and the plants shut down automatically. They cant confirm simply because they need to communicate with plants to be sure.

My thoughts are with the people of Japan, what a tragedy

If an oil refinery can catch fire and be destroyed, im more then positive a nuclear power plant can be destroyed by this. I hope that an nuclear power plant doesn't get affected. If it did, the result would be devastating. Like you said, my thoughts are with the people of japan.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Did another 7.9 just hit or is the news wrong?

Edit: Holy crap, there is a boat laying in the middle of a town in the miyagi province. A big boat, bigger than the buildings. Are you guys seeing this oil refinery?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
Did another 7.9 just hit or is the news wrong?

0.o
where did you hear this? i hope not =/

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I hope all those who keep saying 'bring it on' are watching this. Warning extended to Russia too.
It's horrific and terrifying.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Tsunami watch issued for the Oregon coast; wave could hit before 7:30am PT Friday - The Oregonian
Story data:

www.oregonlive.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join