It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN showing live video of the Tsunami hitting Toyko, Japan.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
The videos are amazing, 100's of cars houses and boats be swept away. It appears a 7.9 earthquake hit not far off the shore at a depth of 24 kilometers. Also, a very large amount of smoke pouring into the sky, buildings on fire. All happening live. Tsunami warnings for Russia and other countries. Waves said to be 6 meters high.
edit on 11-3-2011 by PersonalChoice because: none

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PersonalChoice

Link to Source!! I can't find it...must be the only one.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Earth quake upgraded to a 8.8 magnitude, and watching the video the first rush of water is going back out to sea at this moment. They are expecting multiple waves, and based off the 04 tsunami, I believe the second wave was the worst.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Sorry no link to web, watching it live on CNN(Television). Also, they were hit with a second powerful after shock a few minutes after the 8.8. The epicenter was 150 miles off the east coast.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Its 8.8. That is a massive earthquake.

The geologist guy on CNN seems very excited to see large casualties.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
My heart goes out to everyone in the area (many countries are issuing tsunami warnings now)! CNN is now reporting that the yen is now plummeting in response to the quake - coward investors ship out when the country is in need, typical! I wish there is something I could do to help. For now, all I can do is watch...

This disaster will sure legitimize earthquake preparedness programs... FEMA's upcoming event comes to mind... The pictures on CNN are showing people in Japan standing around looking shocked and confused during the aftershocks - it sure lends credence to the fact that no matter how prepared you think you might be, actually experiencing a disaster is a whole different ballgame.
edit on 11-3-2011 by pforkp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
My god...i think we are near the end people, i really do..

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DanMan773

Its pretty incredible how common these things are becoming.

Its eery, to say the least.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
seems like every year something big happens it used to be every couple years if im correct..

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Here is some live feed from Japan.

Fires in high rises are being shown as well as tsunamis.
wwitv.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Just upgraded to 8.9...

8.9 people!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Wow, they just showed a wave of the tsunami coming in(that I'm sure the video will be all over the NEWS) it was gigantic. Literally took out 20 houses at one time and wasn't phased a bit, kept roaring inland wiping everything out for as far as the camera lens could see. Looked like a wall of mud.

The giant wave has all of the hundreds of houses and boats and debris at the front, the houses are on fire as they move along with the tsunami, it is truly unbelievable , the helicopter is following the wave.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Again, it's moving so fast, so large, there is no where to run. Or drive. The water is filling the streets ahead of the wave, like rivers snaking out. Before it's all engulfed by the wave.It will not stop, just keeps moving for at least 30 40 miles.Multiple neighborhoods totally wiped out.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by PersonalChoice

I just watched someone driving along the road get swept up in the tsunami =/

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
fox news has it.

300km from tokyo, north.

talking to my friend there now.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
unreal

the water is going over everything.

there are things on fire in it too!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
www.justin.tv...#/w/952123376/6

heres a live stream of whats happening...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Brutal videos of the wave. Worse is the idiots trying to drive through the flooded roads? What?

They did say that it's not that we're gettting more of these large quakes but that with population density they are killing more people.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Theyre all saying that the quake at the epicentre was 8.9. The footage on the news is unbelievable. My heart goes out to everyone affected. Good wishes to everyone and their families on here as well. Its times like this when you realize anything can happen to us at any time for no reason. Hug your friends and families every chance you get people... lifes end could be 5 minutes away.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
they say it's about the 5th largest quake in 60yrs.

hawaii on tsunami watch.

west coast also.

edit on 11-3-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join