It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 91
<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Hey guys, first post. I just checked out that RSOE page. It's showing an earthquake in alaska. has anyone heard anything about this?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
New 6.8 quake in japan.

Foxnews is reporting people were swept into the ocean in california.

link   
Keep in mind that the nuclear reactor that we have been told repeatedly is fine....

Has technicians working on it during 5-6 mag aftershocks. The reactor piping was probably damaged during the main quake, as it was built to withstand a 7.5 mag EQ. Who knows what terrible conditions they are facing while trying to get coolant flowing again, if that is even feasible. After too much heat and pressure builds up, the introduction of water back into the system would cause an explosion.
edit on 11-3-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

link   

link   
Japan Nuclear Plant Overheating

AUTHORITIES say the pressure is rising at a nuclear power plant in northeastern Japan after its cooling system failed. Japan's nuclear safety agency says pressure inside the reactor at the Fukushima No. 1 power plant has risen to 1.5 times the level considered normal. To reduce the pressure, slightly radioactive vapor may be released. The agency said the radioactive element in the vapor would not affect the environment or human health. Japan has issued an evacuation order to about 3,000 residents living near the plant. The government also issued a state of emergency at the power plant. The agency says plant workers are scrambling to restore cooling water supply at the plant but there is no prospect for an immediate success.

This is disastrous..........where next? Or are these still precursors to an even bigger one? Sure is one hell of a start for 2011 to the Asia Pacific region.
Tsunami waves reach US West Coast

TSUNAMI waves triggered by Japan's devastating earthquake began arriving on the US West Coast today, about 12 hours after the quake, officials and witnesses said. "The tsunami has arrived now and the ocean is surging as though it were between high tide and low tide every 30 minutes instead of the usual six hours," said Mike Murphy, emergencies chief in Port Orford, Oregon. "It's definitely the tsunami waves doing it," he told AFP, adding bigger waves were expected in the coming hours. In the small town of Coos, about 80km to the north, municipal spokeswoman Helen Thompson said the waves were not big.

link   
Nothing on Mexico!!!! Twitter is unreliable check sources.

Here's a link from USGS with pretty current data
earthquake.usgs.gov...

link   
Another new quake being reported in Japan right now. This one is not an aftershock it`s a completely different earthquake with a seperate epicenter. Magnitude 6.2 near Nagano Japan. It`s on the USGS site.

link   
hisz.rsoe.hu...

wow this is an incredible site
a biohazard in wales?
what does this meen?
sounds bad
they are all over the world?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
new info on cresent city local news in oregan reports 4 people swept to sea one confirmed dead
edit on 11-3-2011 by GullibleUnderlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

I think it is because Chernobyl was in the process of nuclear fusion, thus creating a far greater intense pressure. From their (the IAEA) rough idea a potential meltdown would literally just melt away - not create the intense burning fire and huge explosion that ripped about Chernobly.

A potential comparison was made to nuclear disaster in America (cannot remember the place, forgive me)

Chernobyl was not a fusion reactor, it was a fission reactor like all other nuclear power plants in the world. Fusion is still experimental and is not used for power generation.

link   
news.yahoo.com...

Says ANOTHER earthquake just hit central Japan right now at 6.6. It says Niigata in the URL title and now I am worried because I just made sure my friend in Niigata Japan was safe from the tsunami, she said she felt the aftershock and now this earthquake.

This is so horrible....

link   

Originally posted by shikori
reply to post by StealthKix

I made this point earlier but one guy didn't beleive me for he couldn't access the site, either. I made the post around page 64-66

I'm not familiar with this site but a contact on my FB friends has been saying she can't access the solar24 site either. She also wondered has USGS SHUT DOWN LISS and two responders said they were getting no joy there either. Maybe certain sites are being shut down today...?
I mentioned strictlyhonest.com to her and she just posted she can't get anything there either...
edit on 11/3/11 by cosmicpixie because: (no reason given)

link   
mod can you post a warning or something about people posting news, because this mornings news can be completly different to this evenings news...

some sources talk about a real posibility of a neucler break time, and others say `nah its fine`

so can people not confuse things by posting old sources

thanks

link   
CNN reporting a new 6.6 near nagano, says "its new in last 5 mins, suspect info" because it seems real shallow.
edit on 11-3-2011 by MrSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

edition.cnn.com...

See for yourself.

link   
Ok. On earthquake 3d monitor i see a 4.8 off the coast of Mexico. I don't know if there is anything else because they aren't always accurate.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by funkywarlord

I don't see it on the USGS map. Can you please link here this happened?

link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

yea it one of my favorites, if you click on the icon it will give you a detail balloon, then in the balloon click details, it will open another page, then there is yet another link on top of the page for descp. pretty cool site.

Still nothing on Mexico.... He He!

link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

I've had it checked by the BBC (the joys of the corporation have my details) and there is nothing to substantiate it so far.

It's a BS, if you ask me.

new topics

top topics

<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join