It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
People have been saying the aftershocks have been constant.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
they just stressed on the news not to be anywhere near westcoast beaches , first waves may be low , but more higher to come

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
They just said Hawaii had a wrap around wave it wrapped around the Island then when it joined on the other side it made a bigger wave

They are saying thank God the tide is going out making things better
edit on 11-3-2011 by observe50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Man there is so many quakes going off right now near japan, 1 every 10 minutes.
Lets hope theres no other big ones.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

yeah so have i go to usgs look around and then refresh there will be at least 3 or 4 more everytime you refresh the page !!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Is it possible that another major quake will hit japan,i mean with all the aftershocks,can another quake hit?Don't know much about quakes

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by p4rs3C

oh my god that's awful. Like yourself, I'm not religious, but those people are in my thoughts. You can see cars trying to get out. They didn't stand a chance

link   
Can someone update me? been away for an hour

link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
reply to post by MikeboydUS

i was referring to the mass die off's unexplained, or natural deaths
3 just within the last 3 days.

It hasn't been enough to kill 1/3 of current life in the past three days, but I would bet over 1/3 has been wiped out since either the 1700s or 1800s. Over 1/3 of the vegetation on earth has been destroyed in that time as well. The sky has also darkened from pollution. I don't know if its 1/4 less light since the 1800s, but it would be interesting to find out. There are some odd parallels, but its been drawn out over centuries since the 1300s.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
News said earlier there could be more in the range of 8.9 sounded strange to me

link   
reply to post by jasmine23

can you imagine going through a 8.9 then having no power then going through a 5.0 or higher every few minutes or so ? it will be that way for weeks! highest aftershock so far 7.0

link   
Some new agencies now reporting up to 90,000 missing...

I really really hope that they are found/ reconnect with loved ones!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by namenone1

hasnt been much development
apperently according to the BBC news uk channel Oregon was hit by small waves just over an hour ago.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Press release on nuclear power plant situation from Tokyo Electric Power:
Linky

"Water level to cool the irradiated nuclear fuel in the reactor core is maintained at this moment.
Indication of the monitoring posts installed in the periphery of the power station is no different from usual and thus no radiation impact to the external environment is confirmed at this moment."

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

i'm not really counting that far back and the deaths from man , more along the lines of the mass die offs since the newyear and the bible even mentiones the sky too if i'm not mistaken and we have as many bird death's

link   
I wonder how there shipping fleet is doing. Japan has the largest oil shipping fleet in the world. They ship most oil in the east and even ship to the west.

link   
news.yahoo.com...

Yahoo news about March 19th supermoon, being closer to earth than normal and a full moon could trigger natural disasters and earthquakes.

I also remember two threads, one was about billions of fish dying off the coast of California, and one was about bees falling dead for several minutes, the author's wife and child were in a truck I believe, everything heated up and then the bees feel, with this unusual heat, then it stopped and cooled off all at once. That was odd, almost implying (well it could be cme's) it could be HAARP or Scalar Wave technology. They would direct it to one area, to affect another.

So there are some possibilities. Would TPTB take advantage of natural disasters and try to amp them up? That's kind of what I believe.

I also think this is the tip of the iceburg, and am quite worried about California, further earth quakes, and volcano activity.

Japan is one of my favorite countries, strong business model, but at the same time, looks after its citizens better than the US model, and I really hope they recover as quickly as possible and lives can be saved.

Looks like a lot of power outages, their utility companies, airport, gas facilities are all being strongly affected. Not to mention the Nuclear, and that should never be used for power to begin with. They're surrounded by water, they should be using water and wave, and other solutions for energy, clean energy.

There have been a lot of things pointing to March, and 3 11 11 is quite a date.

link   
I can't stop looking at this guy and his dog, and now i think his girlfriend just arrived. Looks like they are about to go for a swim.... did she just take her pants off?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

Called my friend in hawaii, he claims hawaii is seeing some pretty nasty waves
also

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
First , I want to apologize if this has been brought up before... but in light of Kansai Int'l airport, being constructed on a man made island, the fact that it apparently was'nt affected too badly surprises me. I guess why am saying this is because according to information found on this site (gulfnews.com...), flights are being diverted ( naturally) , but to an island? A man made island?

Meanwhile, UAE national carrier Etihad Airways said it is monitoring closely the effects of the devastating earthquake off the coast of Japan and the resulting tsunami.

"Our immediate thoughts are with the country and its people at this extremely challenging and difficult time," an Etihad spokesperson said.

"The next Etihad Airways flights to Nagoya (EY888) and Tokyo (EY878) from Abu Dhabi are currently due to depart on schedule at 10pm local time tonight."

Etihad Airways flight EY889 from Nagoya to Abu Dhabi is also due to depart as normal at 4.30pm Abu Dhabi time today

So, basically, many incoming flights to Mainland Japan, are being diverted to the "more-safe", synthetic island? Maybe its just me not understanding that man made islands are potentially more structurally sound than land born of the earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join