It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

I cant find a link on the info, but fox 2 news St louis says that it should be hitting about now. I have not seen any difference though.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
rt.com...

Russian site - includes images and footage as well as a warning map.

Eye-witnesses have been posting their accounts via Twitter. User japanreports wrote: “People are running out into the traffic, there are some who died under the wheels…. There are fires in Tokyo. And in every place where there were quake shocks. Oil and gas depots are ablaze, the fire is 30 meters high.”
“The tremors lasted a total of three hours with interruptions,” wrote user MIG222K. “Helicopters are flying everywhere.”

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
P-Wave travel times (link is here as individual times would be too long to list for singular locations.) As this quake was shallow, expect possible individual spontaneous ruptures of worldwide faults to be ruptured by the passing of these P-Waves as a after-effect.

(If you imagine ringing a bell, the reverberating energy passing through the Earth hitting another fault across the Earth and releasing the energy through that, etc.)

neic.usgs.gov...

link   
Dont know if it has been reported on here yet, A dam in Japan has burst, washing away hundreds of homes, just reported on Sky News.

Completely shocking and devastating. My Thoughts go out to all those eected by this disaster.

link   
There have been more than 70 aftershocks of greather than 5.0 since the 8.9 hit.
Is this over.........
or will there be another big quake

link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy

its still working fine for me
there is people walking on the beach?
when is this due to hit?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

I have family that live in Santa Barbara, CA and hope and pray that they are not hit to hard by the tsunami. Have you heard anything thing regarding a time frame of when it will start hitting in CA?

I hope all goes well with your boyfriend...have you had a chance to talk to him yet?

link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Russia news from the above link

Other areas in Pacific may also be affected
The first waves, reportedly measuring three meters high, have also reached Russia's neighboring Kuril Islands, located to the north of Japan. Eleven thousand people have been evacuated from coastal areas in anticipation of more tsunami waves.
A state of emergency has been declared throughout the entire Sakhalin Region. Officials say they are getting ready for any type of scenario, while tsunami clean-up services are on high alert.
No injuries or serious damage have been reported so far in the Kuril Islands.
Several hours ago, weather forecasts were saying there was a high risk of a tsunami reaching the continental part of Russia. At the moment the risk is said to have decreased.

link   
Here is a good link to many videos of the Japan earthquake and tsunami footage-

Earthquake Video Link

link   
reply to post by shikori

forgive me sounding sceptical and beleive me i am not a sceptic... but why are the words test(in the image name) and simulation(in the URL) showing in your link. I'm struggling but genuinely trying to beleive you here

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I live 200 yards from the beach on the west coast and my whole neighborhood noone is going newhere. I am thinking about walking towards the beach to check it out.

link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

It sounds like small waves are hitting Oregon right now, Cali should be shortly 11:16 am San Farn, 11:39 AM Santa Monica, Newport Beach 11:45
edit on 3/11/1111 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

link   
Wasn't it said that the US west coast wouldn't be affected by the warning?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Strange there were alot of activity on the coat of the Washington live feed and it went black. Short after that i watched the Oregon live feed and it went offline aswell.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

ive been watching the cali and oregon cams for a while and just normal waves
maybe it has died down by now?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

The entire West Coast is under Tsunami warning but they say nothing more then three feet waves which shouldn't be an issue

link   
Can anyone tell me what San Diego situation is please?

I have family there.

link   

Originally posted by Golithion
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

It sounds like small waves are hitting Oregon right now, Cali should be shortly 11:16 am San Farn, 11:39 AM Santa Monica, Newport Beach 11:45
edit on 3/11/1111 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

Ive been watching this feed here that is covering Oregon...

www.kgw.com...

They are saying the water is receeding right now, theres people walking right out onto the beach etc.
edit on 11-3-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by tinkytink1207

I haven't heard anthing like that yet but, I haven't really strayed too far from ATS this morning. Where are you reading about it?

link   
URGENT: Emergency cooling system working at quake-hit Fukushima plant
english.kyodonews.jp...

new topics

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join