It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
over 300 confirmed dead on BBC news
numbers will shoot up when daylight hits!

horrible

link   
Now America has a reason to send their armies.

Kind of makes you wonder.

There was an 8.8 just last year in Chile.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

link   
Fox 2 news St louis is reporting ann update to 9.1 magnitude.

No links it is on tv right now.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This can affect the ionosphere potentially!!

Tsunamis leave ionosphere all shook up

www.nature.com...

link   
BBC: 1534: The United States appears to be out of major danger from the tsunami, White House Chief of Staff Bill Daley has said. "The tsunami wave has gone through Hawaii and there does not seem to be any enormous impact, which is extremely encouraging," he told a meeting of the President's Export Council in Washington. There was still some risk to the US West Coast, "but I think the enormous fears that that were there hours ago, for some of us hours ago, has diminished greatly, which is quite a relief for all of us", Mr Daley added.

What a completely ignorant and dangerous Statement to make, I seriously hope people on the West Coast who read this completely dismiss it, and have taken precautions to get to higher ground (for the time-frame at least) just as a precaution until the possible danger passes.

link   
www.earth-issues.com...

Just came across this, anyone hearing anything out of Russia? I don't have cable...

link   
reply to post by shikori

most would, i was more concerned with your quote about the magnetic field movement!!! Solar flares are a common occurence and hit us more often than most people think.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I recall the Bz dropping below -10, and then the site owner commented on it saying, " the earths magnetic feild is dropping sharply south", this caused the aurora to be brought to the northern states which can be seen here
www.spaceweather.com...

link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy

BBC whirlpool...

here ya go.

link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

I have a geologist friend that I just got off the phone with, and she pretty much agrees with the theory of another destructive quake occurring in the ring of fire. She also told me, however, that it is just a theory, and that she and other geologists will be working to refine it over the next hours and days.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
BBC NEWS reporting a Dam has ruptured in NE Japan...

OMG... if this is correct and confirmed, We can only imagine the effect of a dam bursting...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
BBC reports a damn has just burst in Japan, washing away homes....

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

link?

link   
IIRC, 3pm local time is generally when your location is the most sun facing piece of the earth, hence why the temperature tends to go up from sunrise to 3pm, and down after 3pm, yes?

The 8.9 hit at 2:46pm local time. Good evidence that something just arrived from the sun?

link   
new pictures just in on the bbc news channel
unbelievable power!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUDDD
BBC: 1534: The United States appears to be out of major danger from the tsunami, White House Chief of Staff Bill Daley has said. "The tsunami wave has gone through Hawaii and there does not seem to be any enormous impact, which is extremely encouraging," he told a meeting of the President's Export Council in Washington. There was still some risk to the US West Coast, "but I think the enormous fears that that were there hours ago, for some of us hours ago, has diminished greatly, which is quite a relief for all of us", Mr Daley added.

What a completely ignorant and dangerous Statement to make, I seriously hope people on the West Coast who read this completely dismiss it, and have taken precautions to get to higher ground (for the time-frame at least) just as a precaution until the possible danger passes.

Here is a Cnn live stream from the west coast.
I am watching as we speak.
www.cnn.com/video/flashLive/live.html?stream=stream1&hpt=T1

link   
Managed to get an email reply from a friend who is outside of Tokyo, north-eastwards..

Thankfully she's ok. But says her house is a complete mess and thinks it's heavily damaged and has no electricity so she's had to stay in her car. Says it's very chaotic in some areas as people are panicking, as expected.

I told her to stay safe and keep in touch, don't take any chances.

Japan is my favourite place on Earth; I love being there. And even though I'm currently in the UK, when I frist saw the reports it was like a punch in the stomach - couldn't breathe. I love that place and seeing the devastation really cuts me to the core.

link   

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Another 5.6 and 6.2. These aftershocks are continuous.

USGS

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Just watched the ABC news link which is showing more comprehensive footage than on other sites. This was massive by the way as there was one piece they showed taken by someone on higher ground where one house after another after another was overwhelmed by the wave. It was as bad as those houses on Banda Ache. Literally they were being knocked over one by one like dominoes. Never seen anything like it.

And they showed that city at night. The whole city looks to be in flames.

Weirder still, the live link just went down!

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join