It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
* This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
* Friday, March 11, 2011 at 06:15:45 UTC
* Friday, March 11, 2011 at 03:15:45 PM at epicenter
Location 36.126°N, 140.234°E
Depth 30.2 km (18.8 miles) set by location program
Region NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
* 35 km (22 miles) SW (220°) from Mito, Honshu, Japan
* 67 km (42 miles) NE (40°) from TOKYO, Japan
* 109 km (68 miles) ESE (106°) from Maebashi, Honshu, Japan
Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 12.7 km (7.9 miles); depth fixed by location program
Parameters NST=187, Nph=191, Dmin=188.1 km, Rmss=1.38 sec, Gp= 25°,
M-type=body wave magnitude (Mb), Version=C
* U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Information Center:
World Data Center for Seismology, Denver
Event ID usc0001xhz