It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
When i first saw the Tsunami waves hitting Sendai i started to cry here. This is really horrible.

I hope people gather their strenght together and start to help each other over there. Luckily the Japanese are well prepared for disasters like this, because it could be much worst.

That earthquake really worries many people here in Brazil, specially in the city of São Paulo, wich is the "biggest Japanese city outside Japan", because of the large number of Japanese who lives there.

My prayers go to all the Japanese.

link   

link   
reply to post by infinite

listen to yourself, IF a reactor went into a state of meltdown nothing would be affected???!!! Face facts don't state opinions as truth

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by Calender

Look, if you want to talk about God: go to Church.

This thread has nothing to do with a fictional book or imaginary friends.

that book of fiction seems to be book of fact !!! turn it to the end !!!
you will see what i mean. and btw i am not a bible tard but i have read revelations, and i must say , its like a crystal ball

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The core wont meltdown as it is now dead of course, but if the rods or cores get hot enough to melt through or be exposed to the atmosphere it wont be good.

I love how this guy keeps saying this is no big deal the core is cold but the towns being evacuated lol!
edit on 11-3-2011 by Hawk777th because: (no reason given)

link   
*sigh*
google
"not by fire but by ice"
this is a regular culmination of readable cycles, that occur every so many thousand years...
sad for the pain
deal with it how ever you choose...
but deal with it we will.

link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

Italian MSM media reports a 10cm shift of the Earth axis, on the basis of data collected by the Italian Geophysical Institute

Corriere della Sera

The report says the shift is even bigger than the one provoked by the 2004 Indonesia quake and second only to the Chili earthquake of 1960

link   
Just because the reacters are shut down doesn't matter if the rods aren't cooled they could crumble and ......... they don't have enough electric for the cooling system that is why they are trying to get a large amount of generaters sent there to cool

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I have difficulties having feelings about this. I know and can imagine people are suffering tremendously, being crushed, drowned, witness family members die.

But please the rate news is coming in is just overwhelming. You can't stand still and process it, because there's another happening. Birds/Fish, Tsunami,Australia, Japan, Nuke treat, Pole's, Africa, Economic, etc etc etc.

Time is speeding up, as are the intervals of world happenings.

I hope the death toll is limited, but I am scared for the numbers yet to be released.
I heard that towns near Japan coastline, had about 1miljoen, quarter million and half a million residents have bin affected.

link   
[9:06 a.m. ET, 11:06 p.m. Tokyo] The tsunami waves that have hit Hawaii "are not going to be a major damaging event" but will cause scattered damage, according to the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center. Waves of nearly 8 feet have been reported Friday on the island of Maui.

Taken from CNN live blog.

link   

Originally posted by Dragon33

Originally posted by Perfectenemy
Damn i had a really bad feeling and now this. What the f*ck is going on? We really need some answers now before it´s to late. This is not normal folks. Japan is not a earthquake area at all. Something is definitly not right.

Japan not an earthquake area? You've obviously never lived in Japan.
Minor Quakes are common in Japan. Stop scare mongering as if it's the end of the World or something.
Yes it's a shocking quake, but no it is not unusual to have quakes in Japan as you claim.

And japan is in the line of the Ring of Fire
which meens it sits right along the main earthquake path!!!
research friend before looking silly!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lisa2012

i just woke up to an extra news broadcast in holland
they said a tsunami warning for the entire east coast of the usa was issued.hows that coming along?
and is this really caused by the moon ,will we get worse shocks than 8.9?
i hope not

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Watch the first 2-3 mins of this, predicted to the day in relation to Elenin

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Artorius

No, listen to the experts who have been discussing this ALL DAY.

The worst it will do is pollute the water supply and the surrounding area - but it can be corrected. It's on the scale of similar nuclear disasters in China and America. Not Chernobyl. A nuclear meltdown does not equal BOOM! It leaks out i.e M-E-L-T-S - would you like the definition of the word "melt"?

The reactor itself is not breached, so the leak will be minimal. And there is currently no evidence of a leak or breach. Calm down.

So please listen to yourself, others and the experts before running around screaming on ATS.

Thank you.
edit on 11-3-2011 by infinite because: (no reason given)

link   
Can anyone that understands Japaneses help out a bit here?

www.ustream.tv...

Where is this and what is happening.. it looks like tons of floating debris yet burning at the same time.

link   
25 min away from tsunami in cresent city in u.s.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
TOPIC PLEASE.

Off topic posts will be removed. Repeated off topics will earn a post ban.

Please don't reply to the off-topic posts as that is additionally ... off topic. Alert and be patient.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by Artorius

No, listen to the experts who have been discussing this ALL DAY.

The worst it will do is pollute the water supply and the surrounding area - but it can be corrected. It's on the scale of similar nuclear disasters in China and America. Not Chernobyl. A nuclear meltdown does not equal BOOM! It leaks out i.e M-E-L-T-S - would you like the definition of the word "melt"?

The reactor itself is not breached, so the leak will be minimal. And there is currently not evidence of a leak or breach. Calm down.

So please listen to yourself, others and the experts before running around screaming on ATS.

Thank you.

I know Im new here, of course it wont go BOOM its a reactor not a bomb! But the nuclear fallout could be a very real danger if there is any breach. This is serious or Japan would not have just sent up there first Nuclear warning of all time.

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join