It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perfectenemy
Damn i had a really bad feeling and now this. What the f*ck is going on? We really need some answers now before it´s to late. This is not normal folks. Japan is not a earthquake area at all. Something is definitly not right.

So from what i've been told since i was a little lad, that japan sits on the ring of fire, is not true?

we just need to worry about secondary effects.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy

what? not an earthquake are? wow i hope to god you are just trolling

link   
reply to post by ilandrah

I simply cannot imagine how frightening that sight must have been to the people living there. It's like a nightmare in real life.

I'm speechless. Thanks for posting the picture though, it really made the whole disaster sink in and seem more real to me. Not sure if that makes any sense but, man, I feel like I could cry right now.

link   
reply to post by blackcube

I mean Japan was never hit like this before. Dman i´m glad my brother wasn´t there...

link   

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

link   
fox just reported evacuation by reactor in tokyo
and efforts being made to cool reactor. if heat is not cooled
eventually the guy on fox news says could lead to a meltdown.

link   
reply to post by Artorius

No it wouldn't.

It's been shut down. This is not another Chernobyl.

link   
any preliminary reports on any effect on the earth's axis?

if the chilean quake had some impact, this one will surelly too.

link   

link   

Originally posted by Perfectenemy
Damn i had a really bad feeling and now this. What the f*ck is going on? We really need some answers now before it´s to late. This is not normal folks. Japan is not a earthquake area at all. Something is definitly not right.

Japan not an earthquake area? You've obviously never lived in Japan.
Minor Quakes are common in Japan. Stop scare mongering as if it's the end of the World or something.
Yes it's a shocking quake, but no it is not unusual to have quakes in Japan as you claim.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by blackcube

Where is that fire taking place... i don't speak Japanese but it looks like a lot of casualties will arise from that
edit on 11-3-2011 by Vampiri because: (no reason given)

link   

link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy

not many places have been hit like that before! 8.9 is HUGE and man, the aftershocks are still at 5-7 in magnitude!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

link   
Calling ON THE PROS......can some of you please talk about how this can affect Yellowstone, New Madrid and San Andres..I am sifting through all this info and so far nothing... it's concerning especially knowing how the Chilli quake last yr shifted the earth. SO NOW what about this 8.9... what are some preliminairy estimates and thoughts as to how this quake (and aftershokes) is/will verberate through crustal plates?

thanx

link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

The safety of nuclear powerplants improved since Tschernobyl.

link   
You guys do not read????

a Memeber on ATS JakiusFogg predicted from a Dream he had this exact Earthquake on 7 FEB 2011 POST he made on ATS ...This is unreal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was his post :

:Coming Massive Earthquake off Japan - A Dream,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This is odd. I was awoken a few mins ago by a loud rumble, and I live on the east coast. Quakes dont happen here, so I thought it may have been the end of a dream. I came straight in here to check ATS for seismic reports and find this! in the back of my mind for a month now has been that info on the pole shift on March 15th... That was supposed to begin with elevated geo-activity starting a few days before the actual shift. I was thinking that there wasnt anyway someone could accurately predict something like that, to ease my self. Now I'm thinking... idk, but it looks like something. If there are more in the next few days, maybe ppl should seek some higher ground? Just sayin....
edit on 3/11/11 by Dracan6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The fire pics are from Kesennuma-shi as far as I can make out. Don't speak Japanese though so anyone that does please correct me.

new topics

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join