It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 53
588
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Yea I've seen receding on every webcam I've looked at. And now it looks to be coming back. Keeping my eyes on this one.




posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
second wave will definitely be bigger, that's alot of water receding



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Well weather channel keeps cutting away I am thinking this wont be that bad...



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish
 


Thank God you did hear wrong! 10m is too much.



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
yep :/ wave intervals can be several minutes, up to 20-30 minutes, and inundation can last anywhere from 90-120 minutes

hopefully it wont get worse!



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawk777th
 


really? my weather channel is commercial free and doing a great job covering this



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Can someone link me to the thread where this dude on here predicted this? Terrall is it?

Please



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Look - there are bound to be a wide variety of reactions, opinions, conflicting information and varying interpretations.

Accusations of fear mongering, hysteria or the like are not productive. Neither is regurgitating your worst nightmare when the facts themselves are daunting enough. Everyone calm down, post with civility and decorum and just pull it together.

There are people around the world tracking this on ATS, let's don't turn this into a volley of flames and insults. The people in the affected regions deserve better.



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish
 


Just watching Fox news for the first time, God those presenters really are patronising morons, anyway according to fox the fire is out at one of the reactors.



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Eyewitness in Wailuku is reporting the water has reseeded over a 100ft out. Reports initial surges hitting 20ft inland [CNN]



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
According to KITV:


Water rushed ashore in Honolulu, swamping the beach in Waikiki and surging over the break wall in the world-famous resort but stopping short of the area's high-rise hotels.

Waves at least 3 feet high were recorded on Oahu and Kauai, and officials warned that the waves would continue and could become larger.

~ ~ ~

In Alaska, a dozen small communities along the Aleutian Island chain were on alert. A wave just over 5 feet hit one area, and there were no reports of damage.


www.kitv.com...


I think you'll all be okay



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
That dude on the bike is just hanging around at the bottom of the cam, hope he got his running shoes on



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kidohno
 


he didnt predict the exact quake and mag but he predicted
major earthquakes and weather from march 4th up to the 15th
just search terral on google



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
reply to post by kidohno
 


he didnt predict the exact quake and mag but he predicted
major earthquakes and weather from march 4th up to the 15th
just search terral on google


thanks dude



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515
 


Your absolutely right! People keep get caught up in the 2012, end of the world BS! There may be a significant number of natural disasters of great magnitude that may wipe out a bunch of people, but it's natural for mother earth, and it's not the end of the world! It's kinda funny though, seeing what's going on and what people make of it. When it comes down to it though, people need to stop basking in fear when stuff like this happens. We need to stay on our feet and stand tall. I pray for everyone who is and may be affected by this and will be sending them as much positive energy as I can produce.



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
lol, I spoke too soon, TWC is showing US flooding in the east coast just now and forecast



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
i feel for the people of japan! its a devastating thing! all my love nad thoughts are with them all! my eastern brothers and sisters are going through a very hard time! I feel extremly lucky to live in a place that this kind of thing hasnt happend yet! peace and love to you all! my thoughts are with the east! Keep safe and stay well through this!



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
reply to post by JonoEnglish
 


Just watching Fox news for the first time, God those presenters really are patronising morons, anyway according to fox the fire is out at one of the reactors.


I was about to ask about an update to the reactors. I'm listening to KITVs broadcast online and had to turn the TV channel to CNN since I couldn't stand just looking at the Fox people.



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife
 


Yeah, i'm watching the local Hawaii news, even their reporter commented earlier on, about some of the main stream news (Fox news) reporting waves slamming into hawaii, there was none at that time, or now thankfully.


edit on 11-3-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by youthsavior
reply to post by Griffo515
 


Your absolutely right! People keep get caught up in the 2012, end of the world BS! There may be a significant number of natural disasters of great magnitude that may wipe out a bunch of people, but it's natural for mother earth, and it's not the end of the world! It's kinda funny though, seeing what's going on and what people make of it. When it comes down to it though, people need to stop basking in fear when stuff like this happens. We need to stay on our feet and stand tall. I pray for everyone who is and may be affected by this and will be sending them as much positive energy as I can produce.



even when tshtf naysayers still say nothing to see here AMAZING!
if you were in japan and went through this i bet it would seem like
the end of the world to you then , easy to say on a forum safe in your mom's basement or goverment office!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 11-3-2011 by GullibleUnderlord because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
588
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

log in

join