It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Wow, BBC are just repeat-playing coverage that they've been reporting for hours now. Nothing about the reactor problem. What the hell is wrong with them?

edit : they're finally reporting it.
edit on 11-3-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

link   
Oh my God. I just woke up to this. The pics they are showing are horrible. It's kind of surreal, like on 9/11 to see that fire and the wide spread panic and breaking news.

I guess that unbelievably gi-normous flare was the impetus of this?
I'm also wondering about this date and Timeave Zero.

Good luck to all of our members from Japan, Hawaii and the Pacific in general.

link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Good luck to you and yours!

I have seen enough destruction this morning!

Keep safe!

link   
reply to post by Kram09

Here is a live Hawaii police scanner feed. Could help with those who want to stay informed about tsunami there real time.

www.radioreference.com...

link   
This is just horrifying, my heart goes out to everyone affected by this

When I first read about this this morning one of the first things I did was to check todays date and sure enough todays date is 03 11 2011. The numbers 3 and 11 (as well as 7, 9,13, 33, 39) are said to be sacred occult numbers having special meaning to the Illuminati.. just sayin

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The Tsunami hits the Philippines very weakened.
I'm pretty sure Hawaii shouldn't be too worried,as it will probably lose most of its force,by when it gets there, or maybe it won't even touch Hawaii.

link   
what will happen with this nuclear plant? Will it be like Chernobyl? Will it explode? Any experts on here this morning?

link   
reply to post by Hawk777th

Well, that's why I asked you, to clarify it for me.

I mean, I never knew that water co-existed with liquid rock so happily under the tectonic plates.

I'm sure the water, existing at such extreme pressures, along side liquid rock, needs microwave emitters to convert it to a gas. I mean, under those conditions, that's the sort of thing that would make water boil -- microwave emitters.

And not the extreme pressures, heat or liquid rock.

Cool - many thanks!

edit on 11-3-2011 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

link   
I saw this a while ago and started a thread but it didn't get much interest. So here is the start of the thread for you to learn what will happen if Yellowstone erupts?

www.unmuseum.org...

"Bill McGuire, professor of geohazards at the Benfield Greig Hazard Research Centre at the University College of London told the UK Daily Express, "Magma would be flung 50 kilometers into the atmosphere. Within a thousand kilometers virtually all life would be killed by falling ash, lava flows and the sheer explosive force of the eruption. One thousand cubic kilometers of lava would pour out of the volcano, enough to coat the whole USA with a layer 5 inches thick." He adds that it would once again bring "the bitter cold of Volcanic Winter to Planet Earth. Mankind may become extinct."

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

and i thought he was implying that haarp personally created the hawaiian island chain just to have a nice place for government workers and their families would have a nice place to vacation. now haarp is helping us out...

HAARP BLOCKING THE TSUNAMI IN HAWAII!!!
www.godlikeproductions.com...

hahaah, this is pretty funny sh[t!!

nothing like some good ole conspiracy tin cap thoughts to take my mind off the seriousness at hand..
by the way i really cant stand GLP, it was only for fun cause i Google it
edit on 063131p://2011-03-11T06:43:53-06:00201103 by bladdersweat because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by infinite
Just to point something out, about the nuclear plant:

This is nothing like Chernobyl. The Japaneses plant is shut down; whereas Chernobyl was still operational and in the process of nuclear fusion when the disaster struck.
edit on 11-3-2011 by infinite because: (no reason given)

Thanks, any idea on what type of damage could happen then?
edit on 11-3-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by CaptSplatter
reply to post by Kram09

Here is a live Hawaii police scanner feed. Could help with those who want to stay informed about tsunami there real time.

www.radioreference.com...

This as well:
www.kitv.com...

I've been listening to them for a bit.

link   
My heart goes out to the people in Japan and to all people affected elsewhere in the Pacific!

It was a bit scary and worrying to hear about Fukushima and those power plants, we certainly don't need another Chernobyl in the world.

Try to stay safe guys!

link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Solar, my friend, head for the high ground brah.

And please let us know you are well throughout the day! This goes for all members of our ATS family in affected areas as well. We wish you all the best and our thoughts are with you.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
SORRY realise I have put this thread on twice.....

I started a thread on the effect of Yellowstone erupting not only on the US but the whole world. It didn't get much interest so I am posting my evidence for all to read.

"Bill McGuire, professor of geohazards at the Benfield Greig Hazard Research Centre at the University College of London told the UK Daily Express, "Magma would be flung 50 kilometers into the atmosphere. Within a thousand kilometers virtually all life would be killed by falling ash, lava flows and the sheer explosive force of the eruption. One thousand cubic kilometers of lava would pour out of the volcano, enough to coat the whole USA with a layer 5 inches thick." He adds that it would once again bring "the bitter cold of Volcanic Winter to Planet Earth. Mankind may become extinct."

www.unmuseum.org...
edit on 11-3-2011 by kalenga because: mistake

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Hitoshura

Could meltdown, leaking into the water supply and contaminating the surrounding areas. It will never be operational again, but the area will not be abandoned.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I live in Tokyo and I have to say I have experianced many earthquakes before, but I have never been so scared in all my life as I was today, it was horrible. My heart goes out to all the poor folks who live in the northeast, is must have been a lot worse for them

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme
reply to post by Hawk777th

Well, that's why I asked you, to clarify it for me.

I mean, I never knew that water co-existed with liquid rock so happily under the tectonic plates.

I'm sure the water, existing at such extreme pressures, along side liquid rock, needs microwave emitters to convert it to a gas. I mean, under those conditions, that's the sort of thing that would make water boil -- microwave emitters.

And not the extreme pressures, heat or liquid rock.

Cool - many thanks!

edit on 11-3-2011 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

Anytime!

Water probably wasnt the most accurate statement from me! Oil companies actually sound for crude with these emitters and once of the biggest people to raise a stink about them was Shell.

The guys who go out and find the oil had had problems with their 5w emitter causing disruptions let alone the billion or whatever watts that HARRP and these others are!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by musashi9

What are things like in Tokyo?

Damage report?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by Hitoshura

Could meltdown, leaking into the water supply and contaminating the surrounding areas. It will never be operational again, but the area will not be abandoned.

Ok, thanks. Gonna have to get some sleep now so will just hope they get it fixed somehow.

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join