It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
* This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
* Friday, March 11, 2011 at 06:06:11 UTC
* Friday, March 11, 2011 at 03:06:11 PM at epicenter
Location 39.025°N, 142.316°E
Depth 25.1 km (15.6 miles) set by location program
Region NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
* 128 km (79 miles) SE (127°) from Morioka, Honshu, Japan
* 151 km (94 miles) NE (55°) from Sendai, Honshu, Japan
* 178 km (111 miles) SSE (157°) from Hachinohe, Honshu, Japan
* 437 km (272 miles) NNE (31°) from TOKYO, Japan
Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 16.1 km (10.0 miles); depth fixed by location program
Parameters NST=174, Nph=177, Dmin=339.5 km, Rmss=0.6 sec, Gp= 36°,
M-type=body wave magnitude (Mb), Version=B
* U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Information Center:
World Data Center for Seismology, Denver
Event ID usc0001xh0