It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

the awesome power of water in motion.

kinetic energy FTW

link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Oh man, if Yellowstone goes.... We are all gonna feel the effects... worldwide!!!

link   
The Fukushima area looks in danger.
The Power Plant's cooling systems are not responding.
I hope nothing bad happens!!!

link   
reply to post by jonibelle

If you have been following tha AL jazeera stream for the last 10 minuets they just had a female reporter there telling all about the disasters at the nuclear stations.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Undertaker
Upcountry Maui checking in. We're housing 7 evacuees from Kihei that were told to seek higher ground. On their way here they say the gas stations were slammed and traffic was heavy. Wake island only experienced a minor wave of a foot or so; so I don't know what to expect here.

The big island has been rumbling steady for the last 5 days since that new rift opened up. 4.5 is a good sized quake though. I'm just glad the trade winds are blowing and the VOG is blowing south.

Yeah, Big Island has been shaking, heavy winds here still yet. Folks are definitely heading inland en masse.

I've been calling everyone I know on the coast, have plenty of folks staying at my house upcountry. Fill your water containers, yeah?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Internet connection to family in Philippines is on and off..

Every time it cuts we worry here..

Back on currently..

Nothing yet on the tsunami hitting the coast. Everyone holding their breath..

Batanes coastal region being evacuated..

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Just an FYI, for you. There's another thread right now, that is discussing the current state of Yellowstone.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
UPDATE:weakened tsunami hits Taiwan.I guess Hawaii won't be getting anything serious,hopefully.

By the way, the State of Emergency due to nuclear danger on Fukushima is still on.I just saw it on NHK World

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Even if the nuclear plants are safe just imagine the devastation tomorrow when the water recedes and more videos are uploaded. Things will only get worse in japan over the next few weeks (if not the rest of the world) with famine, disease, food shortages, and who knows what else. The days only seem to get worse and worse, what a time we live in.

link   

Fire breaks out at second Japanese nuclear power plant after earthquake and tsunami #prayforJapan

fire at nuclear plants

link   
Thanks for the pictures, I saw your post, which is why I am confused.
CTV news is also reporting that is an oil refinery.

I know this question sounds stupid, but there is an oil refinery inside the nuclear plant? :S
I am honestly watching CTV right now and all I am hearing about is the oul refinery....Unless I am not processing what they are saying correctly.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
This is getting anime. Anime is fun when it's on the TV and NOWHERE ELSE.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

Hi, just read this on msn news.... this is a biggie for sure.... 13 ft high tsunami hit Japans coast.... says all Coastlines around the Pacific could be hit....

Only March and big things going on since Jan....

*It seems 'the day after tomorrow is pretty close* .....

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
@BreakingNews Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' as attempts to cool reactor at northern plant are 'not going as planned' - official via NHK

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Update: Another aftershock in Fukushima while live feed.
Also,no power plant(rumors about one) is on fire. Fukushima's No.1 Plants still presents same problem
edit on 11-3-2011 by metodex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
edit : ok, there's too many conflicting stories with power plants, am done posting about them for now.
edit on 11-3-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
It may be a different building but the turbine is what spins from the steam to make the power it will be very close! And NHK is worried about getting it cooled! It is cool cause the rods dropped at least partially but they need water to continue cooling it or it could runaway.

wwitv.com... Local Japan News!
edit on 11-3-2011 by Hawk777th because: (no reason given)

link   
I now alot of people hear BP oil spill and think blah blah... etc

But lately i have been thinking about something, all the oil and gas that escaped in that oil spill.

all that mass, pressure and density that escaped from the deep earth. Of course there will be changes, whteher it is Quakes and changes in tectonics, and even volcanic changes.

All that displaced pressure and mass has to make changes deep underground... putting aside all the climate and gulf stream talk...
I think perhaps we are paying a price for capitalism... or BP to be more specific.

Putting aside conspiracy theories, think logically or laterally if you can. All that displaced mass has to make some major changes deep underground....

Although i am not a geologist and i may be wrong but it's worth considering.

2011 has been an absoulute crazy start. Australia's flood's and cyclone's, the NZ quake, now Japan and also all the other minor activity in US, the Ring of fire etc....

Something aint right....

edit on 11-3-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

link   
Horrible stuff, just seen it on the news now. If you look on the google homepage, they have a tsunami alert out which I think was decent of them

edit on 11/3/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

link   
New here, but from what I've seen on tons of news sites Japan is stating that there is no risk to any of the Nuclear plants.

So why is everyone here saying that there is a leak?

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join