It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Hey everyone i live in Paradise Valley Montana just 15 minutes north of Yellowstone National Park in fact i can see it outside my window i have a graph you might want to see in comparison to the japan quake i am not a scientist but us folk here know that when yellowstone goes we are grabbing our wiskey an women and hanging on for the ride cause its gonna hits in mere seconds.

www.isthisthingon.org...

link   
My son is in Guam. I am not very smart about this stuff. I am just a mom. Is he in danger?

link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

info an that big island quake a few minutes ago..

www.prh.noaa.gov...

AN EARTHQUAKE HAS OCCURRED WITH THESE PRELIMINARY PARAMETERS ORIGIN TIME - 1058 PM HST 10 MAR 2011 COORDINATES - 19.3 NORTH 155.0 WEST LOCATION - ON THE SOUTH FLANK OF KILAUEA VOLCANO MAGNITUDE - 4.6 EVALUATION NO TSUNAMI IS EXPECTED. REPEAT. NO TSUNAMI IS EXPECTED. HOWEVER...SOME AREAS MAY HAVE EXPERIENCED SHAKING.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

Southeast side of the island...

Supposedly the tsunami is coming from the northwest...

So maybe that will help minimize damage in my area.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Video Updates;

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura

Back to hoping those nuclear reactors are safe, and that other countries don't get hit badly.

Kyodo: Emergency core cooling unit activated at Fukushima nuke plant.

from twitter

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
For those in California like me, I know it seems unlikely at this time, but this is what the NOAA says.

The Tsunami Warning continues in effect for the coastal areas of California and Oregon from Point Concepcion, California to the Oregon-Washington border.

(Note: That is a huge swath, and includes the Bay Area.)

Further:

A Tsunami Warning means that all coastal residents in the warning area who are near the beach or in low-lying regions should move immediately inland to higher ground and away from all harbors and inlets including those sheltered directly from the sea. Those feeling the earth shake, seeing unusual wave action, or the water level rising or receding may have only a few minutes before the tsunami arrival and should move immediately. Homes and small buildings are not designed to withstand tsunami impacts. Do not stay in these structures.

All residents within the warned area should be alert for instructions broadcast from their local civil authorities. A tsunami has been recorded.

wcatwc.arh.noaa.gov...

wcatwc.arh.noaa.gov...

It will be updated each hour.

This makes it clear to me that I, being a coastal resident of San Francisco, should probably head to Mt Davidson or something, right? I mean unless they're horribly overstating it. It clearly says I'm under a warning, and that if in a warning area should head to high ground and away from the beach, right? Just not sure what to do. I'm choosing to play it safe.
edit on 3/11/2011 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by twinmommy38

yes Guam is in danger of a tsunami but a lot of the island is above sea level, it is not a low lying island , from google maps i can see a lot of the island is 100meters or more above sea level.

link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
reply to post by VariableConstant

Southeast side of the island...

Supposedly the tsunami is coming from the northwest...

So maybe that will help minimize damage in my area.

What, Kurtistown, Glenwood, Volcano? If you don't want to say that's cool, just worried about all the Big Island boys...

link   

Originally posted by CelestialSon
reply to post by leeangqi

Where were the next two quakes in your dreams?

Seriously... i have no clues at all as in my "vision dreams" that I'd saw the " super-full moon " then......people were being swap away by the huge tusnami waves...my " instinct " is telling me that within the ring of fire map as below map stated:

Sorry

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

Kyodo: Emergency core cooling unit activated at Fukushima nuke plant.

from twitter

David Grouchy

That's great to know, thanks.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
If I was in Hawaii right now, I do not know if I would be more bothered by the Tsunami warning or the earthquakes. I wish our members on the islands best of luck. Stay safe.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
An Earthquake has just hit Hawaii.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

No you are not 'just a mom'. You are alot more....anyway back on topic,,,,I think you should call your son and tell him to move to high ground if he can. quickly!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Please call your son and make sure that he is informed.
It is very important that he reaches high ground.
Is he military?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
If I was in Hawaii right now, I do not know if I would be more bothered by the Tsunami warning or the earthquakes. I wish our members on the islands best of luck. Stay safe.

Exactly my thoughts.. It is as if the quakes are moving west and may be eventually hitting the West Coast of USA. Strange...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thrace
I have a friend in the Philippines and I don't have any other way to get up with him besides FaceBook and I know he lives along the coast line.

Also I don't want to buy into the March 15th stuff but it does creep me out. *Fingers Crossed* that it's not going to happen!

Also Fox news is reporting NO nuclear plant leaks as of right now.

Depends on where they live...i am in Cebu...i went to high ground and waited it out. No waves here. But east facing islands are at risk. Best to start your own thread on Philippines.....wont get much support here.
edit on 11-3-2011 by The Great Day because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

If you really have to question it, go with caution. I would rather head to high ground and be wrong, than stay home and be wrong.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a new 4.5 i hawaii and

NEWS: A QUAKE IN FUKUSHIMA,WHERE THE POWER PLANT IS LOCATED.

i dont know the strenght of this one

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
well i dont want to jinx anything, but i heard nothing hit new zeland. they haven't given an all clear yet, i wonder if the same thing will happen on all the other islands

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join