It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 290
<< 287  288  289   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by squandered

Thanks =)
2nd

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Curious, does anybody have NON-nuclear related info about Japan now? I'd really like to see some pictures/video of the country being rebuilt.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRedfield
Curious, does anybody have NON-nuclear related info about Japan now? I'd really like to see some pictures/video of the country being rebuilt.

They do a great Job and make the same Mistakes like Re-Building the Houses and Factories

Many People left the Shelters already but afaik ca. 30% still remain,
they left for, hmm how you call it, new makeshift (?) Houses and for the big Towns
like Sendai, Tokyo and the Kansai Area!

Many of the very old People died in the Diaspora
(Japanese People like to die at home and not in a Hospital)

When you give me a better description of what you like to see
i will try to locate it!

Start with:Before and after Pics

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

With the Hurricane Irene hitting the US now, these pics bring it all into perspective. I am so sorry the media are leaving the aftermath of Japan's earthquake as you are all obviously still suffering? Prayers going your way....

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

I am sure that many People in Tohoku are still suffering
but also i know that this People need Time and Rest,
it is wrong from the Media to squeeze this Topic until the last drop!

The People in the Joban Area are Buddhists and Shinto Buddhists,
it is wrong to use Christian Values.

They use different Time-Circles for Mourning and Rememberances,
(Lunar Circles)
in the Time in between it is a kind of Taboo to speak about this!

A Death by a Tsunami is "unfair" but also Destiny
and Death is not the End, it is just the first Step into a new life!

But Prayers are good and i can say "Thank You" in the name of many Japanese People
for all the support and good wishes

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

They use different Time-Circles for Mourning and Rememberances, (Lunar Circles) in the Time in between it is a kind of Taboo to speak about this!

This all too convenient considering that the conversation here has been about the ongoing cover-up of the severity of the disaster by Japanese officials.

I don't know why Japanese people consistently insist on playing a 'culture card' whenever anything is uncomfortable. The commentary here has nothing to do with Christianity and quite frankly there is still work to be done. There is no time for mourning when you are talking about an ongoing crisis.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by squandered

They use different Time-Circles for Mourning and Rememberances, (Lunar Circles) in the Time in between it is a kind of Taboo to speak about this!

This all too convenient considering that the conversation here has been about the ongoing cover-up of the severity of the disaster by Japanese officials.

I don't know why Japanese people consistently insist on playing a 'culture card' whenever anything is uncomfortable. The commentary here has nothing to do with Christianity and quite frankly there is still work to be done. There is no time for mourning when you are talking about an ongoing crisis.

My Contribution was regarding for the Tsunami only
and not for the F'Shima Crisis!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Over 80% of Tohoku Quake and Tsunami Rubble ``Completely Removed``

okyo- (PanOrient News) Japan's Environment Ministry said that more than 80% of the rubble from the March 11 earthquake and tsunami has been removed in Miyagi and Fukushima, Miyagi and Iwate prefectures. Excluding debris from dismantled houses, the rate of rubble removal stood at 87% for Iwate, 94% for Miyagi and 43% for Fukushima, where efforts are being delayed by radiation leaks from a nuclear power plant.

The work is expected to be nearly complete in Miyagi as early as next month according to the ministry noting that the cleanup effort picked up pace as government funding became available and workers were able to overcome initial obstacles. The central government earmarked 351.9 billion yen for rubble removal in the first supplementary budget for fiscal 2011 Ishinomaki was buried under roughly 6.16 million tons of rubble, the most among the stricken localities.

But the Miyagi Prefecture city is now entirely clear of debris, including major highways and residential roads, the ministry said. By now, 13 of 27 affected municipalities in Iwate and Miyagi are rubble-free. The disastrous earthquake and Tsunami on March 11, 2011 has left innumerable disaster waste such as debris and rubble of the smashed houses, buildings and other concrete structures, and scrapped cars and ships. The waste management policies to deal with this disaster waste are mainly arranged by city councils, prefectural authorities, and Ministry of the Environment in Japan.

The whole Story:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
May we add to 'The whole Story'...

Excess Deaths in Japan
The Asahi Shimbun reported that the Japanese health ministry estimated that 64,000 more deaths occurred in Japan in 2011 than in 2010.

Of these deaths, 20,000 or so can be attributed to the earthquake and tsunami.

The article states that there is a trend toward higher death rates due to Japan’s aging society.

So we can say that, based on this information, no more than 44,000 excess deaths occurred in Japan after the Fukushima nuclear disaster.

When compared to the estimate of 53,000+ in this study,

edit on 4/3/2013 by thorfourwinds because: oops is this better

top topics

<< 287  288  289   >>

join