It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 288
<< 285  286  287    289  290 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

Its a single response to a single post, and there will likely as not be little in any direct response which would constitute a slide from the topic at hand. I just needed to point out that Zorgon had misread or misinterpreted the stance of the creator, thats all.

Now, back on topic... You know, they are saying that of all the Tsunami that have occured, this one has been the best documented in history. People have recorded thier lucky escapes from the waters on cell phones, handycams, and even a full news camera which was being carried by a local news team as they took refuge in a multi storey building with the waves chasing them up the stairs. These videos offer the best ever documentary evidence of the scale and power of Tsunami , being as they were filmed so close to the danger, rather than from news choppers and imaging cameras under rescue craft.

Perhaps in time these videos will help emergancy planners to better organise flood defense and evacuation procedures, and perhaps in the truely devastated regions on the coast, lead to improved town planning, perhaps organising any rebuilds to minimise the surface area a building would present to an inflow of water.

I was thinking this morning that when they rebuild the coastal towns, they should think about pyramidal shapes, with the corners facing the sea. This would create a structure with the strength to withstand extreme force, but also funnel water around the building, rather than straight up against it.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ceriddwen
Wow, Bible discussion? Isn't that better served in the Religion forum, or the BTS side? Can we get back on topic here, ie, the quakes continuing, rescue efforts, etc?

The bible/prophecy/endtimes stuff has got to STOP!!!!

What the heck is wrong with you people? Is reality not mystifying enough, is there not enough complexity and mystery that we can just stay on the topic?

Go to another forum, create a thread and stop wasting everyone's time. I've read close to 500 pages on ATS about the Japan disasters, and I have learned a lot that isn't making it on the MSM. Please stop diluting the information with religious (or whatever you choose to call it) speculation.

New links below to stay on topic:
Japan Death Toll complicated by missing persons
Japan raises Severity of nuclear incident - Japanese PM says situation is "very grave."

US Troops Ready to Enter Japan's Nuclear Danger Zone - I'm not sure what they can do to help, but I certainly hope they are able to.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by defenestrator

There was no "speculation". Zorgon stated that he thought that God had expressly said there wouldnt be any more flooding, and I pointed out the fallacy of that belief. Theres no speculative discussion here, merely a point being made, and responded to, which is a position we should all be able to move forward from without the need for an aneurism

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I am going to reply in this thread, but i think there should be a thread dedicated to this and if there is i cant find it.... With regards to the team who have left there families to head into the reactors to try and sort them out, before things get worse. This is a suicide mission and they are all aware that there is not much chance of them coming home and if they do, the chances of them having serious health effects for life are high. Could any of you guys volunteer for a job like this? I know i couldnt. I am ex military and have worked in various positions where helping people and making them feel safe is all part of the job, it makes me feel good to know that the little i am doing sometimes has a bigger effect than i realise, but to go out and do something like this is just unimaginable to me. Can you imagine going out to work, kissing your wife and kids goodbye, knowing that there is a chance you might not come home? and also knowing that they know that too? I am not generally scared of much but it just shows the difference in cultures and the different lengths people will go to, to help others. Sorry if this makes me a chicken but there is no way i could do this. All the best to the guys that have gone in there and i just hope the japanese government will do all they can to make sure their families are well looked after for life if they dont make it home.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Appologies, still finding my way around this huge site.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Everything Old is New Again, with a more horrifying radioactive twist, of course. No one can ever say they didn't see this coming sometime or another. It has happened before.

The Great Wave off Kanagawa, Hokusai's most famous print, the first in the series 36 Views of Mount Fuji

His most popular work is the ukiyo-e series Thirty-six Views of Mount Fuji, which was created between 1826 and 1833. It actually consists of 46 prints (10 of them added after initial publication).[4] In addition, he is responsible for the 1834 One Hundred Views of Mount Fuji (富嶽百景 Fugaku Hyakkei?), a work which "is generally considered the masterpiece among his landscape picture books."[4] His ukiyo-e transformed the art form from a style of portraiture focused on the courtesans and actors popular during the Edo Period in Japan's cities into a much broader style of art that focused on landscapes, plants, and animals.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
dont worry, its all fine, the level of radiation? ah its okm its just a x-ray dose, right?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I dont think this has been posted yet and I just found it.. pretty cool video

Im not sure what a youtube video number is so heres the link
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
no new news on this yet? other then they still cant cool the reactors? any one got a curent live feed? www.dailymail.co.uk... found that in another thread its kind of a sumamry so far

on a hair brained scheme note why cant they start trying to put ice in there like icebergs but small enough to be picked up by helicopters....couldnt they then lower the ice into the reactor from a helicopter and at least have it melt there......would definatly be a suicide mission for the crew but were kinda at that point arent we?

clarification use the helicopter with A LONG cable of some sorts to do it not like have the helicopter hover at low alittude i know if it would work it wouldnt be easy would it....
edit on 18-3-2011 by KilrathiLG because: clarification

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

edit on 18-3-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Survivor found after 8 days!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
no new news on this yet? other then they still cant cool the reactors?

For news on the reactors it would be better to follow the reactor thread. Much more info there. Its too time consuming to post that data in two threads

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake
www.abovetopsecret.com...

No they can't drop ice onto it. The water they are trying to spray has to get into some pools... pools that likely aren't even there anymore

edit on 18-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
His specific words were, "and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy ALL flesh." This is not a blanket statement to the effect that there will never be flooding which kills humans again, merely that he will never again seek to purge the Earth with flooding, killing everyone and everything but a small flock of faithful folks on a boat rammed with animals.

Ah I looked your right... he DID add that 'escape' clause
So does nuclear radiation count as 'fire'? I recall a couple cities in that book being nuked once upon a time... at least the description sure sounded like it.

But see I have an inherent problem with any deity that constantly wants worship, but allows nature to wipe out so many innocents. Just one of my pet peeves when people preach in the light of the workings of nature

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by defenestrator
The bible/prophecy/endtimes stuff has got to STOP!!!!

Well its not likely going to any time soon. When ever there is a major disaster the religious aspect will be brought into it. people need a reason for it to have happened, either blame god, blame Nibiru, blame the Illuminati, blame the PTB, blame NASA... etc...

So get used to it, take a chill pill and skip over anything that gets your dander up. As it happens up to date info has been posted by several very active posters. But things have slowed down and updates are spaced further apart.

So hang on to your hats... you will get the updates as soon as they come out...

OR you could actually post some yourself rather than add more noise

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Saturday March 19 2011, 04:28:48 UTC 5 minutes ago Baja California, Mexico 1.9 19.9 Saturday March 19 2011, 03:50:19 UTC 43 minutes ago Northern California 1.0 3.2
Saturday March 19 2011, 03:41:55 UTC 52 minutes ago Southern California 2.1 4.8
Saturday March 19 2011, 03:32:36 UTC 61 minutes ago Southern California 1.6 7.0
Saturday March 19 2011, 03:31:34 UTC 62 minutes ago Southern California 1.2 4.5
Saturday March 19 2011, 03:30:43 UTC 63 minutes ago Southern California 1.2 7.4
Saturday March 19 2011, 03:29:39 UTC 64 minutes ago Southern California 1.3 7.8
Saturday March 19 2011, 03:28:24 UTC 65 minutes ago Southern California 1.2 4.6
Saturday March 19 2011, 03:24:02 UTC 69 minutes ago Southern California 1.1 6.9
Saturday March 19 2011, 03:23:42 UTC 70 minutes ago Southern California 1.6 8.6
Saturday March 19 2011, 03:22:46 UTC 71 minutes ago Southern California 1.2 9.1
Saturday March 19 2011, 03:22:37 UTC 71 minutes ago Southern California 1.3 13.4
Saturday March 19 2011, 03:21:05 UTC 72 minutes ago Southern California 2.1 6.6
Saturday March 19 2011, 03:19:42 UTC 74 minutes ago Southern California 1.8 4.7
Saturday March 19 2011, 03:19:05 UTC 74 minutes ago Southern California 1.6 7.4
Saturday March 19 2011, 03:17:30 UTC 76 minutes ago Southern California 2.6 44.4
Saturday March 19 2011, 03:05:37 UTC 88 minutes ago Northern California 1.1

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

I know they are tiny but that strikes me as a little odd, thats a lot of earthquakes in 1 place. Any thoughts on this?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dyzan
I know they are tiny but that strikes me as a little odd, thats a lot of earthquakes in 1 place. Any thoughts on this?

pretty normal if your watching anything below 3.0. The plates are always moving... its when they snag and make big leaps that you get the big ones

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

okay thought it might be something like that, but it just they were so close together i wasnt sure, thanks again

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
The Little Tiger is accepting people from US and AUS that were located in Japan. SO saw a couple of groups last night.

Following the US’ lead, Australia has requested that Taiwan allow its citizens in Japan to enter the country as part of its plan to evacuate Australians from the disaster-struck country.

SOURCE:

JAPAN DISASTER: US evacuees from Japan arrive in Taiwan

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

No they can't drop ice onto it. The water they are trying to spray has to get into some pools... pools that likely aren't even there anymore

That just screams meltdown...........

new topics

top topics

<< 285  286  287    289  290 >>

join