It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 286
<< 283  284  285    287  288  289 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Update 10:16: Fourteen elderly patients after they are deceased from a hospital near Fukushima Dai'ichi were evacuated. Meanwhile, experts warn that the victims of the earthquake should not be forgotten, now will focus on the threat of nuclear disaster.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
That's a nice computer program...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Do you mean "deceased" or "released" on your post.

Also Anyone please excuse my ignorance, I don't know if this has been brought up yet, have tried searching but there are soooooo many threds on this subject.

I see they are have trouble getting too site to cool these reactors Why not bring in a dredge (from the sea and run A pipe out with junctions for each reactor and pump the water in that way. You could run this remotely once set up. (and from a distance].

My one wish for today and the rest of man's existance is to live in Peace with Love. Cheers Ian
edit on 17/3/2011 by etrex66 because: typo's

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
As this is the main earthquake thread, i would like to ask a question.

I have been monitoring the USGS page since last week and is it normal for there to be so many quakes all around the ring of fire? There was a 6.3 in VANUATU last night, right on the fault line.
And then another 6.1 just down the fault line..

They are happening so frequently and are deap, like the main one last friday. So if ive got this correct, the more deep quakes there are around the ring of fire its that more of a chance that the whole fault will just drop?

I wish i had followed this more closely before.

If so that would be catastrophic

usgs

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by nghtshd

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by zero1020
reply to post by hp1229

If I remember correctly, they tried using robots in Chernobyl but the robots started to malfunction. I have no idea how much radiation it takes to cause problems but I'm sure the entire Japanese government didn't over look robots.

Well i'm sure the technology has advanced much more since Chernobyl when it comes to Robotics along with modern metallurgy and electronics. Are you telling me that to let a remote controlled robot with a firehose inside the building for 1/2 an hour is not do-able?

I'm sure it could be done if they had a robot designed and built to carry a fire hose into a random building with the ability to make it's way past obstacles and access doors find the target and hit it. If they had something like that I would imagine they would be using it unless we are to believe these people are capable of building one, but too stupid to remember they have it.

Wow. State of the art method used to cool the power plant tower (Helicopter and Fire crew on the ground)...Geez. Amazing that the ROBOT topic popped up in the MSM too.

At the least if people can spray using firehose then why not RC mechanical robots? But then again I also heard about the 'Kamikaze' culture and how the Nuke Power Plant employees were willing to give the ultimate sacrifice (their lives) to save the plant and their country. Only Japananese can do that.

LINK1

LINK2
edit on 17-3-2011 by hp1229 because: edit/add content

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

At the least if people can spray using firehose then why not RC mechanical robots? But then again I also heard about the 'Kamikaze' culture and how the Nuke Power Plant employees were willing to give the ultimate sacrifice (their lives) to save the plant and their country. Only Japananese can do that.

Oh, I don't know about that. I understand where you are coming from; however, approximately 350 firefighters and paramedics made that ultimate sacrifice on 9/11 in NYC. There are selfless heroes in every community around the planet. These Japanese heroes are only the most recent members of that club.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Oh, I don't know about that. I understand where you are coming from; however, approximately 350 firefighters and paramedics made that ultimate sacrifice on 9/11 in NYC. There are selfless heroes in every community around the planet. These Japanese heroes are only the most recent members of that club.

True. I forgot about that. My apologies.
You are correct. I guess it all depends on the situation and the calamity too.
edit on 17-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Not that this has anything directly to do with Japan quake (but you never know)

I just heard on the news (Fox news) that a part of a highway in California collasped. I wasn't really paying attention I think it might be Pacific Coast Highway or #1 something like that.

I did see the pictures and about 40 feet of this highway collapsed you could see how close to the water this road was.

They said this wasn't caused by the Japan quake but............... something is loosening the soil.

This isn't very good news something is going on majorly in the Ring of Fire.

We need to continue to observe all this

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
you mean this
www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Breaking News on Sky NHK TV : High Levels Of Radiation Found 30km (18.6 miles) from plant.
news.sky.com...
edit on 17-3-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Japan now admit that the situation is severe.

news.sky.com...

Nothing that most did not believe already.
Reports also say that radiation is expected to be landing in North America within a day.
edit on 17-3-2011 by martin3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ethancoop

Originally posted by zero1020
reply to post by hp1229

If I remember correctly, they tried using robots in Chernobyl but the robots started to malfunction. I have no idea how much radiation it takes to cause problems but I'm sure the entire Japanese government didn't over look robots.

With a technologically advanced country like Japan that specializes in high tech gizoms such as robots I'm surprised they haven't sent something in.

Too early to make a "domo arigato Mr Roboto" joke?

Its in the news today as well. Same questions about why not use Robots to do some of the tasks that the humans were risking their lives for.

LINK1

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Not to diminish the above mentioned sacrifice, but doing something you know might cost you your life, heroic as it may be, is a bit different from doing something guaranteed to kill you.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nghtshd

Not to diminish the above mentioned sacrifice, but doing something you know might cost you your life, heroic as it may be, is a bit different from doing something guaranteed to kill you.

Really? Everything i have heard/read indicates that the potential to die is high, but is not a guarantee....they are wearing contamination suits. Got a link that says otherwise?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
CNN reporting that the coast line in areas have sunk and with the super moon this weekend there could be coastal flooding where the coast line is lower than before. It just gets worse and worse.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Official: Low radioactivity heads for N. America
'It is nothing for people to worry about,' Swedish government scientist says

www.msnbc.msn.com...

If they don't get the spent fuel rod issues under control - it is going to be more than"low doses" of radiation.

edit on 3/17/2011 by kroms33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
CNN reporting that the coast line in areas have sunk and with the super moon this weekend there could be coastal flooding where the coast line is lower than before. It just gets worse and worse.

NM - it was a live feed from the TV...

My apologies.
edit on 3/17/2011 by kroms33 because: apologies.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Thank you for posting that for me about the highway...like I said I don't know what's going on but everything needs to be observed.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

with all due respect, you cant put a link up from live TV. I heard it to on CNN.
Very worrying, although we have been hearing the 19th March is going to be an exceptional day

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by iWokeUp

My apologies. I am just trying to sort through all of this info.

Hoplefully the 19th will be just another day....

new topics

top topics

<< 283  284  285    287  288  289 >>

join