It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 279
<< 276  277  278    280  281  282 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Yup the logistics would be almost impossible

Activity at Mount Fuji

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/94ae1dbe118a.png[/atsimg]

www.jma.go.jp...

I am going to cut down to only three threads... can't keep up... this one, the main earthqauke one and TrueAmerican's thread.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MedievalGhost

I'd just expect millions to go South, by any means necessary. There's a time for civility and a time for survival. I would seriously doubt that 11 million people in Tokyo would allow themselves to be exposed to deadly levels of radiation without a fight.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Wednesday March 16 2011, 03:52:05 UTC 23 minutes ago near the east coast of Honshu, Japan 6.0 25.0

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com... Question and answer with physicist. Comfort for the west coast but takes Tokyo situation seriously.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker

I'd just expect millions to go South, by any means necessary. There's a time for civility and a time for survival. I would seriously doubt that 11 million people in Tokyo would allow themselves to be exposed to deadly levels of radiation without a fight.

I agree that the smart ones will get the heck out of there now, just in case. But the infrastructure could not handle a sudden mass exit of the whole Kanto area. The Kanto area around Tokyo has about 42 million people.

link

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Well, the French look like they've made a decision (insert jokes about being first to retreat here
)

www.bbc.co.uk...

France is now urging its nationals in Tokyo to leave Japan or head to the south of the country, Reuters reports. It says Paris has asked the Air France carrier to provide planes for the evacuation.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

It's starting. This just in from Reuters on Twitter:

RT @BreakingNews: France urges French nationals in Tokyo to leave country or head to southern Japan - Reuters

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

It's starting. This just in from Reuters on Twitter:

RT @BreakingNews: France urges French nationals in Tokyo to leave country or head to southern Japan - Reuters

Scary and amazing at the same time, isn't it? Almost surreal. I hope the smart ones leave now, instead of waiting before there is too much congestion and the infrastructure gets overloaded.
edit on 15-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I can't believe this. We are going to lose Tokyo, one of the best cities in the world.

SMR

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Magnitude 5.3
Date-Time

* Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 04:14:32 UTC
* Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 01:14:32 PM at epicenter

Location 37.561°N, 141.413°E
Depth 24.7 km (15.3 miles) set by location program
Region NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
Distances

* 71 km (44 miles) NE (39°) from Iwaki, Honshu, Japan
* 85 km (53 miles) ESE (103°) from Fukushima, Honshu, Japan
* 90 km (56 miles) SSE (149°) from Sendai, Honshu, Japan
* 258 km (160 miles) NE (35°) from TOKYO, Japan
====================================================

Close to the plants and not a good thing.
edit on 3/15/2011 by SMR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

I hope we don't lose the whole country. this is unfolding to be a really bad deal

check out my post here for more about the spent fuel fires www.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

well hopefully they will be able to rebuild, i wonder if they will call it Neo Tokyo

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Radiation rises in eastern Russia -

link

Not to dangerous levels... yet. But the Japanese government and media are totally downplaying this grave situation.

Russia officials are planning for possible eventual evacuation of Sakhalin island. That's just north of me!

Wiki link
edit on 16-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
TEPCO has removed public access to a webcam showing the Fukoshima reactors. Now a password is needed in order to observe the complex. live.reuters.com...

this seems a little suspicious to me,

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dyzan
TEPCO has removed public access to a webcam showing the Fukoshima reactors. Now a password is needed in order to observe the complex. live.reuters.com...

this seems a little suspicious to me,

I would imagine that's because it's getting swamped and they need it to stay up. It may be the only way they can see what's going on?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I can't believe this. We are going to lose Tokyo, one of the best cities in the world.

If I were General George Smith Patton, Jr. I would slap the stuffing out of you right now. You're being a hysterical ninny. How do you get from the French advising their citizens to leave to: OMG we are going to lose Tokyo? Get a grip. This may be a fun way for you to get your adrenaline pumping, but the actual people who live in Tokyo don't need panic mongering. I swear, the more I read here the more I realize that, whether they will admit it (or even are conscious of it) or not, a lot of people want a worst case scenario. It's entertainment for some of us, apparently; good news would be just boring.

SMR

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Magnitude 4.9
Date-Time

* Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 04:44:59 UTC
* Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 02:44:59 PM at epicenter
* Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 36.988°N, 143.219°E
Depth 20 km (12.4 miles)
Region OFF THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
Distances 208 km (129 miles) E of Iwaki, Honshu, Japan
249 km (154 miles) SE of Sendai, Honshu, Japan
254 km (157 miles) ENE of Mito, Honshu, Japan
343 km (213 miles) ENE of TOKYO, Japan
===========================================
===========================================

Not a good time for this area to start getting active again.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Is anyone else alarmed this could be us in like 3 weeks? I said could, not would. But in threads recently there was alarm for earthquakes in the USA and FEMA was preparing. I don't know exact details, but I feel like this Japan situation is what some feared would happen in March here.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SixX1874
Is anyone else alarmed this could be us in like 3 weeks? I said could, not would. But in threads recently there was alarm for earthquakes in the USA and FEMA was preparing. I don't know exact details, but I feel like this Japan situation is what some feared would happen in March here.

Right now much more alarmed with what could happen to Japan in the next three weeks.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
maybe off topic: (sorry just have to say this out loud. )

I am just amazed at how resilient the Japanese people are. There isn't any looting, neighbors are helping each other out. If this happened in the the United States, there would be mass chaos, looting, national guard deployments, murder, death and mayhem. I mean look at the Katrina aftermath.

and where did everyone go? which threads?
edit on 16-3-2011 by Dyzan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 276  277  278    280  281  282 >>

join