It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 257
<< 254  255  256    258  259  260 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I know what you mean it makes you feel sick watching it, after all the trouble in the Arab world we have this going on, Massive floods in Australia, New Zealand earthquake and now this record breaking earthquake with an unstoppable force of the Tsunami.

It is best to switch the TV off for a bit because its no good watching these things over and over again it is not good for anyone.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Emanuele_C

Ok, it seems the situation is going out of hands. Here for the real time (english) broadcast on YokosoNews that is translating a quite confused press conference:

This guy Katz is a real time hero - he's been broadcasting day and night - unreal. I was listening to him all morning and now - he's still on. Wow... I encourage all ATS'ers to go to his sight and thank him. He's been providing an invaluable service to all.

YokosoNews

peace

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It's the third day I'm following Katz on YokosoNews nonstop. He's a modern hero and my very very humble opinion is that for the first time, thanks to people like him, I feel the world in a different manner: it's like I'm there with my hearth. I would like to help and being there phisically.

Never before I felt to be a citizen of the world like now.

Emanuele

Originally posted by silo13

Ok, it seems the situation is going out of hands. Here for the real time (english) broadcast on YokosoNews that is translating a quite confused press conference:

This guy Katz is a real time hero - he's been broadcasting day and night - unreal. I was listening to him all morning and now - he's still on. Wow... I encourage all ATS'ers to go to his sight and thank him. He's been providing an invaluable service to all.

YokosoNews

peace

edit on 14-3-2011 by Emanuele_C because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
live ustream feed from a geiger counter in tokyo:
www.ustream.tv...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
BBC just reported that fuel rods are now fully exposed,and a partial meltdown at least is now expected.
Also telling that IAEA have said Japan have now asked for help-a team is being sent.

www.iaea.org...

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 14-3-2011 by martin3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
BBC reporting that the rods at Fukushima are now fully exposed and meltdown is feared

What a mess...

This is what I've been reading right across the news wires - Telegraph, Independent, CNN, ABC, Reuters, BBC. All pointing toward a partial or full meltdown. One story just read stating the containment floor has also been breached in one reactor.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
1556: Radiation detected at the Fukushima plant on Monday istwice the maximum seen so far, Kyodo news is reporting citing plant operator Tokyo Electric Power (Tepco).
1552: Japan has officially asked the UN nuclear watchdog the IAEA for experts to help in the current nuclear crisis, AFP reports, citing IAEA chief Yukiya Amano.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Things must be a lot worse than we can imagine - the Japanese have now officially asked for help from the IAEA. For a proud people like the Japanese to admit they're losing this battle.......it must be a truly terrible situation there

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Status Chart

Hope that helps who might be interested...

peace

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by photoshopper
www.ustream.tv...

Any instructions on how to read the geiger-counter? I see numbers, but right now they mean nothing to me.

Anyone? Anyone?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
www.radiationnetwork.com...

Hi guys. Came across this site in another thread. I think it may be useful to monitor and radiation coming our way. I would bookmark it if I where you.

Anyone here that would like to give me a brief synopsis of where we are, I see the geiger counter in Tokyo, what are acceptable levels on this, do we know? Thanks.

BTW....Ive been watching usgs so no need to post the EQ's! Plus I just scrolled through several pages of text...so...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

YokosoNews
peace

The best part is that nobody seems to be panick stricken in the news footage. Everyone is maintaining their calm posture. They are also helping each other out in Japan instead of Looting (as is the case of several other catastrophes that occured around the world).

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by photoshopper
www.ustream.tv...

Any instructions on how to read the geiger-counter? I see numbers, but right now they mean nothing to me.

Anyone? Anyone?

Anything over 130, and its time to run away from the wind.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Hi, basically the top digits are the one's to watch its at about 13 counts per minute at the moments. Not really anything to worry about. The lower digits are just unit uptime, ignore those.

All the Best

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Geofrooop

reply to post by RUDDD

Thanks to you both! Now I know what I am looking at.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
To help Japanese govt in reconstruction US should allow Japanese Govt & companies to import food, oil, medical supplies, construction equipment and other industrial goods from US free of any municipal, state & federal taxes and trade taxes/duties.

In lieu of this Japanese govt will write down/forgive and equal amount of US federal debt held by them

I call it a new Marshall Plan.

Board members are welcome to improve upon this suggestion.

I welcome all your opinions

Mods: I used the search function and also went through all threads discussing Japanese earthquake but could not find the right place. If this is not the right thread please move this post to the appropriate place. ( I cannot start a new thread)

Thanks

Vader.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Thanks for the explanation on the geiger counter.
Everything happening in Japan and is it not
still night there. Keeping an eye on the radiation
map as well. Another sad day, blessings to
all affected by this disaster. I have a friend
on another site, her brother and his family
are in Tokyo and she hasn't been able to
make contact. The site I visit has 25,000
members in Japan - how many do we have
on ATS - does anyone know?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I see the geiger counter is at approx 13 units. Is that considered normal background radiation or is that picking up a small amount extra already? I saw someone mention that 130 units would be the time start thinking of getting out of there, what are the units of measurement in this case? Is it Rem?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Article explaining that Chernobyl released 400 times the radiation of the Hiroshima bomb. I have read elsewhere that these reactors are 100 times the size of Chernobyl.
So now that we have meltdowns at two reactors, does that imply a potential of 8,000 times the radiation of Hiroshima being released? That seems really really bad.
Accuweather and Fox now admitting that fallout could reach the U.S. and apparently the Drudge report mentions Europeans clearing the shelves of Potassium iodide products.
Stay alert ladies and gentlemen.

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.physorg.com...
nation.foxnews.com...
edit on 3/14/2011 by defenestrator because: added link to physorg.com from Drudge report and Fox news report

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
As well as asking for help from the IAEA Japan has also just asked the US for help to stop a meltdown:

The US Nuclear Regulatory Commission says that Japan has asked the US for help with cooling its damaged nuclear reactors, Reuters reports.
BBC 16.56 gmt

By changing tune soo quickly from safe and in control, to asking for immediate help from the iaea is an indication imho that they are or have lost control of the reactor.

Kind Regards

Elf

new topics

top topics

<< 254  255  256    258  259  260 >>

join