It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 241
<< 238  239  240    242  243  244 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Live tweets

Came across this for live tweets, its alright.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
0243: Japanese government spokesman Yukio Edano has just spoken on TV. Says that water injection at Reactor 3 seems to be continuing, and the containment vessel is still safe.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
you gotta admit those things were constructed well survived explosions
tsunami's meltdowns , but can it continue to do so ?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord

Look for everyone's stake in Japan and the world I am praying it does. And I am not a person that prays much.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Dude's how much do these nuclear workers get paid ! These guys must be heroes to put up with those kind of dangers.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

ya, will that be the last one, tho.

cctv, the police chief, myagi, estimates 10k dead.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I don't understand. If its a hydrogen explosion where are the flames? Isn't hydrogen one of the most reactive substances out there? All I am seeing is a plume of white smoke.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
those outside of the plants are lucking out wind direction south south west , but that storm system tonite is making it north west and better look out then people of japan .

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by shikori
I don't understand. If its a hydrogen explosion where are the flames? Isn't hydrogen one of the most reactive substances out there? All I am seeing is a plume of white smoke.

I think is a pressure explosion, not a combustion explosion

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by greenCo

Perhaps

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
english.kyodonews.jp...

3 workers injured

news.sky.com...

second explosion

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by shikori

In the zoomed out view of he explosion, you can clearl see a visible blast. While the flames are hard to see, the results are not. In the view that is zoomed in moderately, you can see large bits if debris raining back down through the smoke/steam cloud

Stay safe

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

There was a cutaway drawing of a building containing a containment vessel which looked similar to the ones involved in the explosions. It looks like to lower part of the building is reinforced concrete and the top part is just a steel framework with panel outer walls. The post explosion close up of the first building which went up seems to jibe with this drawing. It looks like the flimsier walls of the top part blew off and allowed the energy for the blast to go up and out. It's believable, if the drawing accurately depicts the ones involved in the explosions, that the top part of the building could be destroyed while the containment vessel could survive.

Image:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by shikori

I didn't see flames in the first explosion, but I do in the second one.
edit on 13-3-2011 by nghtshd because: (no reason given)

link   
they just said on fox that the explosion triggerd the seizmos to register and that the explosion created the tsunami alert unknown at this time if any radiation was released.

link   
More on plant explosion: Nuclear agency says build-up of hydrogen caused the blast; not know if radiation leaked - BBC bbc.in...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nghtshd

From the pictures they have showed on NHK World and CNN of the aftermath of the #3 explosion it appears that much more than just the top of the building was blown apart. Looks much worse than the #1 reactor building.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

those outside of the plants are lucking out wind direction south south west , but that storm system tonite is making it north west and better look out then people of japan .

every now and then on skynews.com they show the other angle view and its a huge fireball at the base

also you can see debris fall down from 200' up as soon as the plume rises

sorry -i see already reported as i said...
this thread moves much too fast to keep up with

PEACE
edit on 11/3/13 by 1kftabove because: must be filled out - but no one ever does

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
That doesn't look good.

top topics

<< 238  239  240    242  243  244 >>

join