It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 230
<< 227  228  229    231  232  233 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ewok_Boba

Originally posted by coquine
reply to post by nghtshd

The post being refered to had pointed out that-
11-9-01
+
10-3-11
=
21-12-12

(11+10......9+3......1+11..)

anyway..... back to the topic.... I really appreciate the updates and links here

there's no significance to march 10th is there?

It must be really frustrating to the number craz... um people to be off by just one. If only the Mayans had made an infinite number of calendars instead of stopping at the end of a given year then we would be talking about some other nutty combination of digits.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
From Japan
Nuclear Agency: Fukushima Daiichi No. 3 Reactor Fuel Rods Exposed
e.nikkei.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
1821: The official death toll has risen to 1,596, Japanese state broadcaster NHK says. Miyagi prefecture has now confirmed 643 deaths in the cities of Higashimatsushima, Kesennuma and Sendai. The number of people whose whereabouts are unknown exceeds 10,000.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Expert: Nuclear Radiation Could Spread Far Beyond Japan

www.voanews.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BackandtothelefT

I was thinking the exact same thing. If there was such a huge release of pressure from the 9.1 quake in Japan, would that have released some pressure as well from the other tectonic plates because of the plate moving 2.4 meters into the ocean. Also I would like to know if it is possible for the plates toe move backwards again and fall back into there original places causing yet another big earthquake.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by baraka
1821: The official death toll has risen to 1,596, Japanese state broadcaster NHK says. Miyagi prefecture has now confirmed 643 deaths in the cities of Higashimatsushima, Kesennuma and Sendai. The number of people whose whereabouts are unknown exceeds 10,000.

Are you sure? Other papers namely states that the official count of deaths is now confirmed as 1800.
edit on 13-3-2011 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Going to post this again to get more attention to it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Earthquake around fault line just recently happened and no attention to it?!
YOU GUYS THIS IS HUGE.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bonzye

Your right, but all we know is that it occurred. Now maybe it would be a good time to search on more information about that triple junction point of tectonic plates.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

the source of this was from bbc news

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Erm...anyone else seen this about the Rokkasho facility? Was it hit?

cnic.jp...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

Man, wow you sure are smart. Maybe you should be helping the Japanese engineers stop the melt down.

Seriously though, I wasn't being completely serious, chill. You are being that guy and I'm sure you are annoying everyone with your arguments.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
UPDATE:

1839: World Nuclear News has more information on the situation at the Onagawa nuclear power plant: It says a "technical emergency" was declared at 1250 after radiation levels at the site reached 21 microSieverts per hour. Within just 10 minutes, however, the level had dropped to 10 microSieverts per hour, WNN adds. The plant's three reactors remain in a safe shutdown condition at below 100C and the Tohoku Electric Power Company has reported no other issues.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hey guys ,

Maybe this is a nice link to get some information from ( or when we need it ) It's called Japan Earthquake Science
check it out:

Japan Earthquake Science

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
From this moment I say this threat is complete useless. So much speculation, 2012 nonsense, outdated news... sadly I will just stick with online japanese channels for more reliable news. Bye

my sources:
www.ustream.tv...
www.ustream.tv...
www.ustream.tv...
earthquake.usgs.gov...
english.kyodonews.jp...

edit on 13/3/11 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bonzye

I got the hand it to the rescue workers, In that kind of Sh*thole that some areas have become, and they are still able to get 170k people out of the 20km radius of the disaster zone an give them radiation checks....

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfcomplex

Although you also have to hand it to the Japanese people. They are to be commended for their cooperativeness, willingness to follow orders, and lack of need for orders. They have been remarkable in their willingness to help themselves and each other and maintain order in what is a hellish and chaotic situation.

People around the world should take note of that. Especially since in the US things degrade into a disgusting spectacle in no time flat.

And for all the people who cried racism in Katrina, for how long it took our government to get help in to the people, take note. It can take DAYS to get to people after a natural disaster. Even in one of the most orderly and well prepared nations in the world.

The main difference is how the PEOPLE THEMSELVES are behaving.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Yes the people of Japan are the ones to be commended for their behavior so far. I did not see one hysterical or utterly ridiculously panicking person on TV yet (although I would not think it strange off them if they did act that way)

They handling it surprisingly well. They're are a roll-model for how humanity can work together for the benefit of everyone effected in a catastrophe
edit on 13-3-2011 by Wolfcomplex because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2011 by Wolfcomplex because: Grammar

<< 227  228  229    231  232  233 >>

join