It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 229
<< 226  227  228    230  231  232 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by baraka

So is this good, bad? I don't really understand what they are trying to state.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by facchino
reply to post by ButterCookie

Hope I don't get berated but absolutely - I posted 2 comments on FB and nothing. Makes me worry for people who just don't seem to care one jot about real world issues. If it's not Xfactor not interested.

On topic - I felt sick to the stomach watching this all unfold it has to be the most destructive thing I've ever seen and my thoughts and hopes are with the Japanese people I hope they can catch a break soon...

I agree....Since the quake and tsunami didn't occur LITERALLY in their backyard, why worry about it?

I wish we ( Americans especially) would stop being so callous to world events, acting as if we are invincible and cannot fall...we rarely show sympathy ESPECIALLY if it didn't happen on OUR soil ( not realizing that Japan, Austrailia, Africa, etc IS OUR soil...but they won't catch what I'm saying...)

I even had a 'friend' who responded to my Friday mass text about the events with, "Well, thank GOD it didn't happen over here....we are SO BLESSED....are you going out this weekend, girl??"

W...T.....F...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CordDragonzord
reply to post by TrueSuperman

I'm not cluttering up this thread, I was basically saying what you said.

You think with all of the tech that Japan has that they might have sent a few robots in with a massive generator into these reactors to try and get some electricity going so they can cool it down.

I doubt the sea water will cool it down for much longer.

??????????????????.....Please quit posting such grade school engineering solutions. This is the most absurd solution suggestion I have seen. A massive generator? Robots?....This is the real world there chief. I suggest you let the big boys handle the big problems and you go play with your "robots'.(????)
edit on 13-3-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bonzye

according to the text its a good thing, its saying that although they are having problems with the plant, they are managing to cool it down i guess....

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perfectenemy
reply to post by CordDragonzord

The fact that 11.9.2001+11.03.2011 equals 21.12.2012 is pretty strange. Is this pure coincidence or what?

Your math is strange (and wrong).

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Are you replying to me? If so I didn't post the math equation.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Would anyone say they have averted the nuclear threat? Would it have already turned for the worse? It sounds like the 'Nuke' plants are getting better according to recent news. (radiation decreasing, cooling of temperature, etc.)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Alright if you want to be that way we can be that way.

Have you ever heard of robots that are called in to disarm bombs? First off you could haul in a generator from a truck along with a few remote controlled robotic hands to go into the reactor and do what needs to be done.

You think pouring seawater into the reactor would be childish but they did that anyway and it helped. Maybe, you shouldn't shoot people down and reserve judgment, I doubt any of the Japanese engineers would even read half the things posted on this site.

This is just speculation and my comment wasn't meant to be taken to the full extent. Calm down.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Japan Nuclear Agency: Fukushima Daiichi No. 3 Reactor Fuel Rods Exposed
online.wsj.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
1749: A spokesman for the Japan Atomic Power Company has explained that one of the cooling system pumps at its Tokai nuclear power plant failed because of the tsunami. "We then manually stopped one of our cooling systems," Masao Nakano told the AFP news agency. "But the other cooling systems and other pumps are working well, and temperatures of the reactor have continued to fall smoothly."

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nghtshd

The post being refered to had pointed out that-
11-9-01
+
10-3-11
=
21-12-12

(11+10......9+3......1+11..)

anyway..... back to the topic.... I really appreciate the updates and links here

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
UN: State of emergency at 4th Japanese nuclear plant

channel6newsonline.com...

Fixed link

edit on 13-3-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Link fixed. Thanks.

edit on 13-3-2011 by SavannahJane because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Japan Nuclear Agency: Fukushima Daiichi No. 3 Reactor Fuel Rods Exposed
online.wsj.com...

Snippet from that article

Readings from pressure and radiation monitors are conflicting with data showing that nuclear fuel rods are exposed at the Fukushima Daichi Nuclear Power Plant's No. 1 and No. 3 reactors, as the there may be problems with the water-level gauges, an official at the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency said Sunday.

Talk about conflicting reports. I do not think anyone really knows what is going on to tell you the truth.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

I don't think they do either. This is uncharted territory so it really is hard telling what is happening, going to happen or what has happened.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=673699
^^ Check this out, it just keeps getting worse. This could be a major threat, and earthquake hit almost exactly at the subduction zone, indicating signs of another large earthquake.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Google map showing locations of problem areas.

maps.google.co.uk...,140.976563&spn=6.92459,8.7 6709&z=6&source=embed
edit on 13-3-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by coquine
reply to post by nghtshd

The post being refered to had pointed out that-
11-9-01
+
10-3-11
=
21-12-12

(11+10......9+3......1+11..)

anyway..... back to the topic.... I really appreciate the updates and links here

there's no significance to march 10th is there?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CordDragonzord

This is one of the stupidest things I have read on here. First off, do you have any idea how much power the cooling system probably needs? I'm sure its over a 100kW. Possibly in the Megawatt range which is a 1000 kW which i have explained because i'm pretty sure you don't understand this terminology .My next question to you is do have any idea how large a 100 kW generator even is?Not to sure I have seen a robot that could carry that. Then my next question is do you know how hot the reactor is? If it is melting down it is, the first and last major meltdown the temperature was at 29000 degrees C. Do you know of any material that robots are made of. I'm pretty sure there isn't a material that can even remotely withstand these temperatures. And you don't think the sea water will work that long?????where is your reasoning behind that. Nuclear submarines, nuclear ships such as aircraft carriers all use seawater to cool there reactors. The reason they probably do not wish to use seawater is because someday, way after this incident(and as long as the reactor has not melted down) they will have to replace some equipment and parts. PLease stop being ignorant in life and posts

And this post is to that kid who cant figure out about why robots are not being used.
edit on 13-3-2011 by THEDUDE86 because: had to add one last thing

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm curious to know what experts here make of the reduction of quake activity in other fault areas since this event. It seems to me even the frequent "little" quakes in other regions have all but disappeared in recent days.
While the rim is going gang busters. Is that because of the pressure released in Japan, are these correlated?
Any thoughts?
I must admit I'm not a quake geek and have not been mapping this stuff historically but I see many people here have.
Sorry if this was explained and I somehow missed it.

new topics

top topics

<< 226  227  228    230  231  232 >>

join