It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 228
<< 225  226  227    229  230  231 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lordvader

Well, I have accepted that people act that way on a normal, day-to-day basis. Heck, I do it all the time and I'm actively trying NOT to. But when a major crisis happens... it wasn't always this way. Remember when that little girl was trapped in the well all those years ago, and they had live coverage on tv and pretty much everyone's hearts went out to her as they prayed for her safety? What happened to that attitude?

So I would just like to take a moment to say thank you to all of you members who have been working around the clock to keep us up-to-date on the latest developments of this tragic disaster. I truly appreciate it, and I know others do, too.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Cover-up Is Going On In Tokyo & Washington?

edit on 13-3-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfcomplex

You know what i mean.... It´s just weird that´s all. And the guy on fox news who said demonstration instead devastation was pretty suspicious too. I don´t know...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy

This is a conspiracy forum, so I don't have the right to shut you up.. and I won't. But if you want to talk about the possible conspiracy's that are going and have something to do with what is happening in Japan this thread is not really the place for that. But the dates are what they are so your not nuts for making a remark because of it

link   
reply to post by TrueSuperman

I'm not cluttering up this thread, I was basically saying what you said.

You think with all of the tech that Japan has that they might have sent a few robots in with a massive generator into these reactors to try and get some electricity going so they can cool it down.

I doubt the sea water will cool it down for much longer.

link   

Originally posted by Perfectenemy
reply to post by CordDragonzord

The fact that 11.9.2001+11.03.2011 equals 21.12.2012 is pretty strange. Is this pure coincidence or what?

What are you on about???? What has 21.12.2012 got to do with anything?

If you're suggesting this was anything other than a terrible NATURAL disaster then I despair. I know this is ATS, but come on

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy

What do you mean demonstration instead of devastation? What are you thinking?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
BBC 5pm News have just said there are problems currently with 3 of the reactors, & mentioned the possibility of a second explosion occuring at the 2nd reactor. There's been a death of somone on one of the sites due to some incident with a crane, but no proper details given.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CordDragonzord
reply to post by TrueSuperman

I'm not cluttering up this thread, I was basically saying what you said.

You think with all of the tech that Japan has that they might have sent a few robots in with a massive generator into these reactors to try and get some electricity going so they can cool it down.

I doubt the sea water will cool it down for much longer.

Sorry, I misquoted the wrong post.

The sea water is an experiment in progress from what I understand after all my reading this morning. I believe we won't know the truth until the worst-case scenario has already begun.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD

I am not 100% sure on the rain seeping through the limestone being to dangerous, as this compressed "sand" filters a lot. I think is does have to do with how deep the Limestone cave is. Here in the south of the Netherlands (Limburg to be exact), we have a lot of limestone quarries. In the present the mining is done through open pits, but in the past the limestone was being dug up through closed mine tunnels.

In the second world war and during the cold war, some of these tunnels where "converted" to bomb shelters.

In my personal opinion, if nuclear event would strike, a "limestone cave" is a good alternative to flee to, but make sure to bring enough light sources. If you want more on info on the subject, feel free to contact me. Most documents on it are in Dutch, but I can do some translation if you like

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

You do realize that I didn't post those numbers, right?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by thepixelgarden

I think you have a very IMPORTANT POINT!!!
This is why I have drawn attention to why Our Government thinks it is "CUTE" to implant a "VIRUS" in Iran's Nuclear System with Israels help... and then sheepishly say nothing, Yet bitch when "Anonymous" say's it will post the Guard's information of those watching the NUDE Bradley Manning. Yet they call that a CRIME!!!!

It is OK for the US to Scram a Reactor Radiating over 72,000,000 Iranians, but God forbid should Japan's Reactors Scram and kill the Japanese and then send Radiation over OUR Coastal Cities.

We have some SICK F's in Washington. I'm sure Hillary is all Wet right now. And I am sure someone somewhere is worried about Obama's EAR'S too!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Thanks BartNL. I live not too far away from a Limestone Cave area so keeping a eye on the readings in the US currently, if anything gets to the Eastern Seaboard that superceeds background levels then I'll have a days notice to head to these caves (only a few hours walk from here.)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
www.abc.net.au...

Amazing before and after photo shots. The utter devastation is unimaginable.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Yesterday and the day before this thread was useful. Today all I see is old (really old) news, and paranoia going out of control.

I found you all because I was worried about that stupid fake map

I stayed because of the good information and citations/links. I am asking for that again.

Thanks,

summary so same info doesn't keep getting posted (someone add to this pls)

This thread contains:

The initial explosion of the first reactor (housing)
reports of radioactive cesium after that explosion
all of the denials of said radioactivity

the news of other reactors having issues
the possible partial meltdown

the current fear of a 2nd explosion at another reactor (#3)

theres more, but please stop posting the above as new, just read back 10 or so pages before posting I guess.

sorry, thanks,

ps. this was prompted by the new posts that said a reactor had blown up, when it reality it was the 1st (and only) reactor (housing) exposion. And the out of control paranoia and opinions
edit on 13-3-2011 by bitbytebit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
-_- You guys, get your # together.
Out of respect of this site, I'm not going to say this isn't a conspiracy.
That is out of the question.
We need people bringing us information, so this thread stays alive, not bogus 'Japan did this to itself' or 'HAARP did it'. People are dying every second, so show so # respect and do what this is thread is for. Let's clean this up and report more news, no conspiracies. What do you say guys?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
1721: More on the Tokai nuclear power plant: A report submitted to the Ibaraki prefectural government by the Japan Atomic Power Company said that one of the two pumps being used to cool the water of a suppression pool for the plant's nuclear reactor had stopped working, according to the Kyodo news agency. However, the other pump was still working and there was no problem with cooling the reactor, the prefectural government said. All control rods were set in completely at the reactor, it added.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perfectenemy

The fact that 11.9.2001+11.03.2011 equals 21.12.2012 is pretty strange. Is this pure coincidence or what?

Check your math, it's incorrect. The actual sum is 22.12.2012 (or 22.12.4012 depending on how you want to add it up). No coincidence at all. You really should keep these types of posts in one of the conspiracy forums; 2012 in particular. There is no place for this junk science in the Fragile Earth forum.
edit on 13-3-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by Unity_99
Is the reason the water won't top up, but keeps going down because there is now a hole there?

That is highly plausible.

I think its because the water heats and evaporates very quickly because of the extreme temperature. Just a guess, I am no scientist, I don't think it's because there is a hole.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hope for the best, but also prepare for the worst I believe is the motto. The situation is constantly fluid and right now nothing is a given. Although I'm many thousands of miles away from this, so were 300 Chile'an homes which have been washed away by the Tsunami on Friday and Americans holding their breath to see just how much radiation the Geiger counters will be picking up in a few days.

So sorry if your wanting normality to return, but these times just aren't 'normal' for many of us.

new topics

top topics

<< 225  226  227    229  230  231 >>

join