It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 226
<< 223  224  225    227  228  229 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Another reactor has blown

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
Another reactor has blown

Source? Reactor or housing around the reactor that's steel reenforced?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Omac9

You don't have to go to extremes like that. It's really going to ruin your weekend just to show some concern? To discuss this major disaster with friends or loved ones? Really?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

yes i totally under stand that, just it really angers me the conflicting reports comming out, does that make the situation any better? i dont think so, i think if the people are bien bombarded with all types or reports that they are not going to be at any more ease than bien told the truth as they prob realise the scale of it by judging the reports themselves.

by the way i am no way putting down the japanese at all!! they are doing a seriously wonderfull job at trying to control it! by far the best job seen than other cases and the rescue people prob couldn do a better job either!! i honistly think they are one of the best type of people to handle this as they are a wonderfull people and a wonderfull country which iv always wanted to visit. its just the media and reoprts dont make it look like that, kind of makes them look like thay havent a clue whats going on when in fact its the media reporting that havent a clue whats going on. that kind of stuff anoys me, its like making hero's look like they dont know what the situation is.

anyway enough of my giving out(not the place for it)

and i want to say well done to all the people who are helping and doing there best over there to save people's lives over there, they are the ones who are hero's in this situation!!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Reply to post by TrueSuperman

Just watched a brief glimpse on uk channel 5 news. Looks like the whole outbuilding blew. Do not know reactor condition

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
im getting a feeling of nostalgia all over again...this reminds me of the soviet union cover up of the chernobyl accident.

are they really putting sand into the reactors by helicopter?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
Reply to post by TrueSuperman

Just watched a brief glimpse on uk channel 5 news. Looks like the whole outbuilding blew. Do not know reactor condition

And you're certain this isn't the same footage from the previous reactor? (Not to sound rude, just verifying)

Hopefully videos hit the internet soon, this doesn't sound good.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by RUDDD

Cheers for spoiling the film.

Utterly pointless posting that!

I disagree. I think some people are assuming the Japanese can put some water over the thing and it'll be okay. They have no idea the kinetic processes involved under the damaged reactor. Just like turning a kettle on for except it continually gets hotter and hotter and no 'off' button. The only way to cool it is to circulate cooler water around it, but once it passes a critical point all hope is fruitless.

KNOWING is a good demonstration of just how much kinetic energy a single reactor holds if (although luckily it NEVER will) one of these went into critical mass. Thats how much energy the Japanese are trying to control in 1, nevermind 5 of them right now.

link   
reply to post by BackandtothelefT

I'll definitely read up on "escapist personality", thanks for the tip.

link   
Furthermore, they said the reactor 3, was exposed to the air for some time then resubmerged. Supposedly hinting at a partial meltdown. But they also say its resubmerged, while at the same time, the sea water they keep surrounding it with, doesn't raise, it keeps going down.

You know there was an explosion. Isn't the China Syndrome a scenario where the reactor goes down into the earth (I imagine this would create a hole) then explodes upwards?

Is the reason the water won't top up, but keeps going down because there is now a hole there?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The posting of OUTDATED info is getting out of hand.

Watch TV channels from Japan... not some news site or tv stations that are not japanese because BY DEFAULT this non-japanese stations will be outdated.
edit on 13/3/11 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
FOX says another cooling system stopped working at another plant.

Jeebus

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Is the reason the water won't top up, but keeps going down because there is now a hole there?

That is highly plausible.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackcube

Watch TV channels from Japan... not some news site or tv stations that are not japanese because BY DEFAULT this non-japanese stations will be outdated.

I know links have been posted previously, but would you mind contributing some recent links to help?

*Edit*
Nevermind, here's NHK World English with a live stream on the front page:

www3.nhk.or.jp...
edit on 13-3-2011 by TrueSuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
yes Reuters are reporting it.

uk.reuters.com...

So that means 4 of the 5 sites on the East coast are now affectedf

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
A pump within the cooling system of one of the reactors at the Tokai nuclear power plant has stopped working, according to the Kyodo news agency. The plant is located in the Naka district of the central prefecture of Ibaraki, and is operated by the Japan Atomic Power Company. The 1,100MW Tokai plant, about 120km (75 miles) north of Tokyo, was automatically shut down after Friday's earthquake.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Fox just reported there are reports of Another explosion. So looks like this may be true.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueSuperman

Originally posted by blackcube

I know links have been posted previously, but would you mind contributing some recent links to help?

Thats the issue there isn't anything new to report.

Most news are focusing into restoring basic infrastructure : water, energy and communication. Distribution of supply are the main concern at this moment because its hard to reach the isolated shelters.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
You know the reliability of the news is really iffy right now, some of the worse hit areas have not even been reached yet,

sorry if this has been posted
www.guardian.co.uk...

Japan tsunami survivor Hiromitsu Shinkawa found 10 miles out at sea

edit on 113131p://bSunday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I thought the japanese power plants are the safest of the world? Damn i hope the possible next earthquake doesn´t strike soon. A little off topic but the situation in Japan caused a mjaor debate in germany about the use of nuclear power as energy. There are 10.000 people demonstrating on the streets. The world is in chaos.

top topics

<< 223  224  225    227  228  229 >>

join