It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 214
<< 211  212  213    215  216  217 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
reply to post by Kaipara

no not oringnal not even in the same place!!!! is it real ?

its the origional quake we have all been talking about

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Kaipara

the 11th ? so we had a 8.0 on the 11th and none on ats caught that and neither did the news ?

Wasn't that one a 8.8? That's what it says atleast.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I give up

link   
reply to post by Mianeye

The date on that is 3-11

link   
that 8.0 from that link was not the japan one it is diffrent old or not that means we had a 8.0 somewhere in asia before japan got hit with 9.1
is that rsoe site credible ?

link   
Seriusly guys

Its the original quake in Japan.
Click on situation update Tab, for a full description of the whole event...

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

There was NO 8.0 on the 11th.

is that rsoe site credible

NO!
edit on 12-3-2011 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by greenCo

Sadly I just found about the meltdowns myself.
What do we do now - some say its possible
that radiation could reach US west coast -
very concerning.

link   

Originally posted by A T K

Originally posted by Mianeye
is this real did asia just have a 8.0 ? why has none of my sources reported it ?

It is real data, however it occurred two days ago (11/03/2011), currently in Japan it is 13/03/2011. It reads 8.8 because that is what some seismometers initially recorded, although it seems to have been upgraded to a 9.0.

Not to nit pick, haha, but wasn't it upgraded to a 9.1?

link   

that 8.0 from that link was not the japan one it is diffrent old or not that means we had a 8.0 somewhere in asia before japan got hit with 9.1
is that rsoe site credible ?

WTF? The link that was provided to substantiate this other quake takes you directly to the quake Japan had on the 11th that caused all this. It may have originally been called a 7.8 then an 8 before being upgraded to an 8.9.
Who knows.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

this is what your link description says

Powerful earthquake observed in Kesennuma, Miyagi Prefecture. The earthquake was 8.0 in the Richter scale. Tsuname alert has been in the Pacific Ocean region, included Japan, Russia, Marcus Island, Northern Marianas, Guam, Wake Island, Taiwan, Philippines, Marsall Island, Belau, Midway Island, Pohnpei, Chuuk, Kosrae, Indonesia, Papua New-Guinea and Nauru coastal regions.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
So frustrating when people provide links that clearly show a date for events & try to say it happened days later.
Just adds to the confusion.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaipara

your telling me why did he even give that link ? about a quake that
already happend from the event desription it lets on it was another quake

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
287 after shock tremors since the 8.9 hit Japan to date, ranging from 4.6 to 7.1, according to the USGS.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Yes, it originally showed as a 7.8 or something close to that before it got upgraded to an 8.9 and now possibly 9.0 or even 9.1

It's the same one that this entire thread is about.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Kaipara

your telling me why did he even give that link ? about a quake that
already happend from the event desription it lets on it was another quake

Dude, the thread appears to be on pause or has come to a conclusion.
It's mighty quiet out there!

On a different note, my friend and her 2 children are flying out of Tokyo tonight. That I am pleased about.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This USGS list is a handy time-line of seismic events in/around Japan since the 7.2 fore-shock which occurred two days before the 9.1 megathrust event.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I absolutely cannot believe how fast this thread disinigrated. I think we all need to stop for a minute, take a few deep breaths, get our bearings and work together as a TEAM to keep the flow of information going in the right direction.

We cannot continue to have all of this dis-info here. The thread needs to go back to its original roots of "live updates" not a bunch of arguments. The arguments are not helping one bit. I know we all have different opinions, but at a time like this, that should not matter. We need to stay on top of this one, because there is a good chance that this will have significant affects on all of our lives.

Let's try to work together. We cannot let our differences influence the information that is being put in this thread. I don't know what happened over the last ten hours, but it hasn't been good. There are millions of people in Japan that are in a very perilous position right now, and we need to take that into account, because soon it could be us.

Please for the love of all that is good in this world, keep bringing up the facts and stop with all of the speculation.

Dueces
HK45

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
If you all remember a very important feature of the tsunami in Sri Lanka and India was the fact that the water receeded by a huge amount, the coast just before the tidal waves came got so much biggerr, literally it ment that if you were standing at the edge of water, youd have seen the water rushing away from you. Native fishermen were among the first to know that a massive tidal wave was about to occure because of the massive receeding of the caust before the massive tidal waves.
I dont know if there was a recession in the tidal wave in Japan, or wheather this was a categorically different type of tidal wave. In late 2006, a professor of siesmology had met with me for reasons I still have no clue as to why, I cant even remember what we talked about, he was arabic. We were both temporary residence in the same building, I dont think I have his card anymore. Where we were staying I was very briefly spoken to about the House of Lords in England.
Two weeks ago british sources from the Crown, who manage a particular type of very advanced and classifed communication system asked me to consider the use of nuclear devices in creating tidal waves for the purposes of whipping out naval forces. I now know it has something to do with whats happening in Japan. the communications system they manage is unbelieve, a simple explaination would be to compared it to the virtual reality technology in the movies the Matrix, connected to wirelessly without that cable going into the back of your neck.
If they did this is disgusting how innocent people could have been killed, injured, and harmed in such a way. i wonder who they are going to blame it all on, its going to be terrible hearing other people accused from these crimes if it get there. I heard the British is sending search and rescue forces, after what I was asked two weeks ago I wonder if they are going there to loot particular things from the wreckage, while doing the right thing of contributing to the relief effort.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
They are monitoring radiation in Russia??? my gosh!
0448: No change has been detected in radiation levels in the Russian far east, which borders Japan, the country's top health inspector, Gennady Onishchenko, tells Interfax news agency. The situation is being monitored around the clock, with experts who tracked the Chernobyl disaster on stand-by if the situation deteriorates.

www.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

<< 211  212  213    215  216  217 >>

join