It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 208
<< 205  206  207    209  210  211 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by karmajayne
reply to post by captaintyinknots

that does not sound good at all would you be able to tell me what this mean for people in and around the area of the leakage plaese?.

as i don't understand what that means

thank you

im not sure im the one that can explain. I think it is the ratio of what is there, to tolerable levels. But they are also saying it may not pose a risk.

Im confused...

TEPCO saying that rise in radiation level above limit at Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant not an immediate threat to people

I guess maybe the key word here is 'immediate'
edit on 12-3-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by BackandtothelefT
reply to post by jude11

This has been puzzling me too as I am scanning a different service and it was 6.6 @ 1 mi. depth then replaced with a 6.2 @ 24.5 mi.
Strange... it looks like the same one only your service left them both on.
Link to source
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Was 2 EQ's. Separated now.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Sunday March 13 2011, 01:12:48 UTC 46 minutes ago near the east coast of Honshu, Japan 6.2 24.5 Detail
Sunday March 13 2011, 01:12:42 UTC 47 minutes ago off the east coast of Honshu, Japan 6.6

link   
reply to post by RUDDD

Thanks. Just noticed that I've got to clean my sensor. Damn dust.

link   

Originally posted by etrex66
reply to post by karmajayne
Yes I'm not getting any info from any commerical radio or telly (in Aust') and this thread has certainly dropped off a bit maybe lots asleep? All we are seeing is rehashed news coverage, does anyone know what's going on with the reactors.
You would think being on the same time zone we would be getting at least rescent up dates!
Maybe they are play ostrich.
Cheers
Ian
P.S. thanks everyone for all this information. I don't want to be an ostrich.

There was actually a live press conference just a few minutes ago from Japan.. waiting for a transcribed version.

What I did get from it so far is that they are still in the process of venting and pumping in seawater along with passing out the radiation pills.

They are still claiming no immediate danger. but its still a wait and see game.
edit on 12-3-2011 by TwiTcHomatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Japan on high nuclear alert
english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

BREAKING NEWS: Top of MOX fuel rods 3 meters above water at Fukushima plant: TEPCO (11:06)

as always, Im no expert, but I thought they wanted them under water at this point?

Absolutely they do... the problem is the extreme heat those rods are already generating, its probably almost an uphill battle.

I would really like to know how they are implementing pumping the seawater into the reactor, although I am sure it will be some time before we get those kinds of specifics.

I know that they are using boron to absorb the protons, but that is the only specific i have for ya....

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by etrex66

yeah as you must have seen i am in new zealand i thought something this major is news worthy i must get sky insatlled as i can't rely on our t.v network satations and what on is old news footage and rehearsed as you said as some one posted before me one plant is under meltdown now and is leaking above legal limit of radioavtive materials which is not good and another is at level 4 which is/could be melting down soon or unless they get it under controll

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

BREAKING NEWS: Radiation believed to leak from reactor of Fukushima No. 1 plant: Edano (11:13)

NEWS ADVISORY: Fresh water injected into No. 3 reactor of Fukushima No. 1 plant: Edano (11:18)

interesting.....they are using fresh water in the #3....maybe means they believe they can save it?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
One of the bigger things to point out that some may not realize.. flooding the reactor with seawater in essence destroys this reactor for future use.

It does make you realize this is a serious situation, when the only thing left to do is to disable it to avert disaster.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

In case if any of you miss this, I have created thread that covers information and news about world supporting and helping Japan, at this link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We should gather and share all information about this and it is about time that we should look at positive, bright side of this horrible crisis situation now. I also have goal of having this community sharing information where we can do something to, at least be able to help Japan too.

Chaoic out...
edit on 12-3-2011 by Chaoic_Black_Dragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

you and me both friend if it's above the limit souldn't that pose a threat there is so much conflicting storys but after reading the entire thread i have seen you pop up alot and have contributed alot of information for me so thank you

do you think they will down play the whole thing till they have a idea of what threat this poses on people in japan and everyone else?.

it seems so as they just can't make up their minds very frustrating i hope they get this under controll there has been enough damage as it is

link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
One of the bigger things to point out that some may not realize.. flooding the reactor with seawater in essence destroys this reactor for future use.

It does make you realize this is a serious situation, when the only thing left to do is to disable it to avert disaster.

Thats what Im saying about the #3. They are using fresh water on it.

link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

I,m naive to the difference between the depth of a quake if you can help me out. Also like i said on the thread, your keeping data coming in is very informative as this thread about the Japan quake and the threat of the power plants is keeping me informed. Keep up the good work my friend.

Kind regards

Albert

link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by kdog1982

The mods are not monitoring this thread anymore. If they were, we wouldn't have any discussion about the nuclear aspect (they want us to keep that talk to the "nuclear" thread) and there wouldn't be all the reporting of old news that I'm complaining about. So yeah, let's get a dedicated mod for this thread, PLEASE!!!!!

They're on the radio:

media.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
reply to post by jude11

How strange USgS just dropped 6.6 like a bad habit when the smaller one hit a few seconds later.

Thank You for sorting that out for me!
PS small g not a typo lolz

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by karmajayne

you and me both friend if it's above the limit souldn't that pose a threat there is so much conflicting storys but after reading the entire thread i have seen you pop up alot and have contributed alot of information for me so thank you

do you think they will down play the whole thing till they have a idea of what threat this poses on people in japan and everyone else?.

it seems so as they just can't make up their minds very frustrating i hope they get this under controll there has been enough damage as it is

First of all, you're welcome. I am finding it very therapeutic to keep posting info....I am an empath and this has affected me deeply.

It seems to me that they are not necessarily covering things up as much as they are delaying info and trying to keep things calm. Just like last night when the first whispers of cesium detection leaked, they didnt deny it, they just didnt confirm it until 8 or so hours later.

There are two types of reporting going on there. In-state (those within japan) and out-of-state(other nations) The japanese reporting has a large interest in controlling the info, as most of their population are getting the news from them, and they need to avoid a panic. So it seems they are waiting a bit and letting things play out, and then reporting them.

The out of state reporters only have an interest in the biggest story. So they want to get their hands on things as fast as possible and get it out there. That is why there are initial reports, and then later confirmations.

So we are going to have conflicting reports, as well as what looks like(and may be) attempts to downplay it, as there is reporting with different interests going on.

Just how i see it.

new topics

top topics

<< 205  206  207    209  210  211 >>

join