It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 207
<< 204  205  206    208  209  210 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
im not sure if this video has been posted but it shows the warning people in japan received a minute before the big one.

cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutantgenius
That makes sense....duh! How do the people know whats going on though, is it through remote sensing equip or what? It should be visible from somewhere, you'd think they would try to get some shots.

there are workers on the scene. Im sure info is being relayed, which means we are behind, and it also means things are likely being filtered.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
NHK...Live report on Nuke Sit.

www.livestation.com...

link   

link   

# 0202: More on the higher radioactivity level at the nuclear plant. The Tokyo Electric Power Co (Tepco) has informed the government of an "emergency situation" but this does not mean an immediate threat to human health, the company adds. A similar rise in radiation levels occurred after the company released radioactive steam from another reactor to let go of pressure. On that occasion too, the company was obliged to inform the government of an "emergency situation".

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I promised some photos...

Earthquake/Tsunami Relief Personnel & Equipment Arrive At Yokota Air Base, Japan

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9736f9d90d28.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed5eaee97b66.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b262a06812ec.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/64e2fe556b8c.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 12-3-2011 by AnnunakiX because: resized photos

link   
reply to post by jude11

This has been puzzling me too as I am scanning a different service and it was 6.6 @ 1 mi. depth then replaced with a 6.2 @ 24.5 mi.
Strange... it looks like the same one only your service left them both on.
Link to source
earthquake.usgs.gov...

link   

NEWS ADVISORY: 1,167 missing in Fukushima Pref., adjacent to hardest-hit Miyagi (11:04)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
5.5 earthquake, off the east coast of Honshu, Japan. Mar 13 11:42am at epicenter (22m ago, 179km E of Iwaki, depth 25km). j.mp...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

BREAKING NEWS: Top of MOX fuel rods 3 meters above water at Fukushima plant: TEPCO (11:06)

as always, Im no expert, but I thought they wanted them under water at this point?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Not good. Some amazing images of mother earth. Some terrible losses too. Surprised there is no special forum for it on ATS yet like the oil disaster.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

that does not sound good at all would you be able to tell me what this mean for people in and around the area of the leakage plaese?.

as i don't understand what that means

thank you

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

BREAKING NEWS: Top of MOX fuel rods 3 meters above water at Fukushima plant: TEPCO (11:06)

as always, Im no expert, but I thought they wanted them under water at this point?

Absolutely they do... the problem is the extreme heat those rods are already generating, its probably almost an uphill battle.

I would really like to know how they are implementing pumping the seawater into the reactor, although I am sure it will be some time before we get those kinds of specifics.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I'm assuming that is Japan time? As in six minutes ago?

link   
Great pics AnnunakiX, i've been wondering myself how the airspace situation along the East Coast of Japan currently is playing out. Not being familiar with how airspace is controlled in these parts i'd imagine SAR teams using helicopter operations are using military discretion codes, or is the US Carrier group out at sea now have some sort of AWACS airbourne to control things from higher up?
Haven't seen anything mentioned on the news but with so much Gen Aviation, Military choppers, and SAR, no doubt that small stretch of coastline is pretty busy right now.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by karmajayne
Yes I'm not getting any info from any commerical radio or telly (in Aust') and this thread has certainly dropped off a bit maybe lots asleep? All we are seeing is rehashed news coverage, does anyone know what's going on with the reactors.
You would think being on the same time zone we would be getting at least rescent up dates!
Maybe they are play ostrich.
Cheers
Ian
P.S. thanks everyone for all this information. I don't want to be an ostrich.

top topics

<< 204  205  206    208  209  210 >>

join