It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 206
<< 203  204  205    207  208  209 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by albertfothergill
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

I thought this was an update thread?

GullibleUnderlord is updating, whats the problem??????
As I asked was that last one 132 the depth or distance?

The 132 is the distance from Miko.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutantgenius
Something just crossed my mind....has anyone seen any live footage of the Nuclear Plants since that explosion, and if not why not? I know I haven't.

Where are we anyway, last I heard one is confirmed in meltdown process whilst 6 cores are now at risk. Is taht where we all are? Thankyou

Only thing I can think of is that nobody is close enough to get a live feed anymore. Or perhaps the cams have been turned off.

link   
Sunday March 13 2011, 01:26:07 UTC 27 minutes ago near the east coast of Honshu, Japan 6.2 24.5 Detail
Sunday March 13 2011, 01:26:01 UTC 27 minutes ago off the east coast of Honshu, Japan 6.6 1.0

Don't know which is true. Anyone? 6 secs apart.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

link   
Japan begins brutal relief mission; entire towns still impossible to reach., some feared wiped off the map. wapo.st...

link   

Originally posted by Versa

Originally posted by premierepastimes
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Too much info IS put up without sources. It's sad though because I have gotten so tired of being berated by other members that I have quit putting up ANY info that I receive if I do not have a web link. Whether it's on the tube, radio, or word-of-mouth I won't even post. I don't know what kind of source people would want when I say "I saw on CNN and I heard on FOX." FOX and CNN would be the sources. It seems like people(not you in particular) are just far too lazy to do any research without a direct link. Even if I get linked to a source from somebody else's post, let's say to CNN, I do not take that CNN link at face value, I research the topic until I have a good understanding of originating sources, main ideas, opposing ideas, etc. Under this policy, if somebody asks a question and I know the answer, but don't know how I got the answer I need to just keep my mouth shut. SILLY

Exactly. What I come to ATS for is information not given out by the MSM not constant updates on what the MSM are saying.

I'm here for information from the experts here on ATS that can give links not related to MSM, I can watch MSM myself.

edit on 12/3/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

For your information,I was on here when someone posted that a major earthquake had hit Japan.
I searched the internet,and found very little.
Then I turned on the TV ,only to watch the tsunami hit live as it was happening.Other people where asking where I was seeing this ,and I told them on cnn,on tv.
So don't totally discredit the MSM,but definately don't believe what thaey dish out after they have had a chance to process things.Look at the first few pages,I think it was this tread,I don't remember.I and others were reporting all the aftershocks just after.
It was horror watching it live.
Till The End

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mademyself1984

possible good news?

# 0152: Yaroslav Shtrombakh, a Russian nuclear expert, has told the Associated Press that it is unlikely that the Japanese plant will suffer a meltdown like the one in 1986 at Chernobyl, when a reactor exploded and sent a cloud of radiation over much of Europe. That reactor, unlike the reactors at Fukushima, was not housed in a sealed container.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaipara

Something just crossed my mind....has anyone seen any live footage of the Nuclear Plants since that explosion, and if not why not? I know I haven't.

Where are we anyway, last I heard one is confirmed in meltdown process whilst 6 cores are now at risk. Is taht where we all are? Thankyou

Only thing I can think of is that nobody is close enough to get a live feed anymore. Or perhaps the cams have been turned off.

They have evacuated that whole area... reporters are not allowed anywhere near it.

We will probably not get any video of the place until or after something else happens... be it emergency averted or escalated.

link   

Originally posted by Kaipara

Trying every channel here:

www.livestation.com...

link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

at 20km, which is the evacuation distance now, it is pretty tough to get much vid

link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

earlier someone posted the same guy saying that the situation would get worse lol

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
NHK is reporting that officials are wanting to explain why they haven't been giving correct info on the EQ and Nuke leaks but it's cutting out.

www.livestation.com...

link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
reply to post by mademyself1984

possible good news?

# 0152: Yaroslav Shtrombakh, a Russian nuclear expert, has told the Associated Press that it is unlikely that the Japanese plant will suffer a meltdown like the one in 1986 at Chernobyl, when a reactor exploded and sent a cloud of radiation over much of Europe. That reactor, unlike the reactors at Fukushima, was not housed in a sealed container.

I certainly hope so....still a waiting game...which is entirely too nerve racking for me...God help those with nowhere to go, and nothing to do, but wait.

link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord

earlier someone posted the same guy saying that the situation would get worse lol

oh i know, and i believe it will. But its important to not focus solely on the worst case scenarios. Important to consider good things, as well.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Map of latest aftershocks printed over satellite imagery.
It's very interesting to see the positions of the quakes in relation to the main fault line clearly visible in this pic.

And a closer look:

You can watch it in realtime for yourselves here:
quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

link   

the same russian scientist said that they would go now he is saying they will not lol that is weird.

link   
That makes sense....duh! How do the people know whats going on though, is it through remote sensing equip or what? It should be visible from somewhere, you'd think they would try to get some shots.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
TEPCO saying that rise in radiation level above limit at Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant not an immediate threat to people. -Reuters

Wow talk about denial..
edit on 3/12/2011 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

BREAKING NEWS: Fukushima plant radiation at 882 micro sievert vs 500 allowable in 1 hour (10:59)

not good at all

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
the 8.9 quake actually moved japan 8ft closer to america crazy !!

Yep we knew about that many pages back as well...

It is crazy.

He's trolling. He posted the 8-ft thing plenty of times now. He's posting it because he doesn't like being called out for reporting the same things that have been reported already 100 times.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Twitter list: Follow the latest updates from CNN correspondents, producers on the ground in Japan @cnni/japan

new topics

top topics

<< 203  204  205    207  208  209 >>

join