It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 195
<< 192  193  194    196  197  198 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Another, 5.6 east of Iwate
quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

DATE/TIME REGION MAGNITUDE DEPTH (in km)
Saturday March 12 2011, 22:31:26 UTC 25 minutes ago near the east coast of Honshu, Japan 5.6 25.8

link   
CONFIRMED! Detection of materials indicates fission of uranium present....

Nuclear accident rated at level 4 The Japanese government rates the accident at the Fukushima Number One nuclear power plant at level 4 on an international scale of 0 to 7. Two radioactive substances, cesium and radioactive iodine, were detected near the Number One reactor at the plant on Saturday. Their presence indicates nuclear fission of uranium. The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency said that fuel in the reactor partially melted. It's the first such accident in Japan. A level 4 on the International Nuclear and Radiologocal Event Scale includes damage to fuel and release of significant quantities of radioactive material within an installation. It's the same level as a criticality accident at a nuclear fuel processing plant in Tokai Village in Ibaraki Prefecture, south of Fukushima, in 1999. The agency called the accident very regrettable even though it was triggered by an earthquake. Sunday, March 13, 2011 07:08 +0900 (JST)

www3.nhk.or.jp...

Bad news...

~Namaste
edit on 12-3-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

link   
guy interviewed on cnn says no eveidence of meltdown
i wish japan would make up its mind !!!!

link   

Originally posted by Arrrr
CNN just reporting meltdown under way.

That's not what they reported. They reported that Japan's nuclear safety agency said a meltdown may be underway.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The japanese ambassador just denied a meltdown on CNN! He said the explosion affected an outer building.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Again, guys, cesium was detected when I was posting at 2:30 am last night (pst)....only one way this happens

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
us sources rival japan information of meltdown. sounds like jpan offical
is downplaying this event!!

link   
Ichiro Fujisaki (Japan Ambassador on USA) speaking right now on CNN saying that there's no evidence of core melting down right now.
He's informed every hour on what's happening over there.

link   
reply to post by nghtshd

Sorry, you are right. Either way, bad news

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
Ichiro Fujisaki (Japan Ambassador on USA) speaking right now on CNN saying that there's no evidence of core melting down right now.
He's informed every hour on what's happening over there.

and you believe that ! i want to believe that but why are we getting
conflicting reports even the reporter does not believe this guy

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Reminds me of Chernobyl. Information was coming out in small fractions, but there was plenty of rumours and everybody understood something bad was developing. They wouldn't avacuate 200 000 people had there been no significant reason to do this.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

No, I'm just reporting what he's saying.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

It sounds that way to me as well, but they need to understand that if there is some type of grand release they won't be able to cover it up..there are too many others around the world who are tracking this situation

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
they are downplaying this so american aid does not pull out.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Please DUDE! Calm down, nothing have been confirmed yet...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
CONFIRMED! Detection of materials indicates fission of uranium present....

Nuclear accident rated at level 4 The Japanese government rates the accident at the Fukushima Number One nuclear power plant at level 4 on an international scale of 0 to 7. Two radioactive substances, cesium and radioactive iodine, were detected near the Number One reactor at the plant on Saturday. Their presence indicates nuclear fission of uranium. The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency said that fuel in the reactor partially melted. It's the first such accident in Japan. A level 4 on the International Nuclear and Radiologocal Event Scale includes damage to fuel and release of significant quantities of radioactive material within an installation. It's the same level as a criticality accident at a nuclear fuel processing plant in Tokai Village in Ibaraki Prefecture, south of Fukushima, in 1999. The agency called the accident very regrettable even though it was triggered by an earthquake. Sunday, March 13, 2011 07:08 +0900 (JST)

www3.nhk.or.jp...

Bad news...

~Namaste
edit on 12-3-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

People - the NUCLEAR AND INDUSTRIAL SAFETY AGENCY HAVE DECLARED A LEVEL 4 MEANING SIGNIFICANT QUANTITIES OF RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL WITHIN AN INSTALLATION AND THIS IS THE FIRST ACCIDENT OF ITS KIND IN JAPAN.

That sounds pretty clear to me??

Sorry for the caps, just trying to get people's attention since the thread moves so fast.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

calm down ? my wife is crying here she is close to her brother
she is getting me upsett so sorry i find it hard to calm down atm

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Calm down now folks. Wolfie is on the case...

Tell you what though, look at the eyes of that ambassador. Bit of a shifty "liars tell" going on there.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Does anyone know where Japan's higher ups are at? It should be telling if they are in a bunker somewhere.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
reply to post by Mianeye

calm down ? my wife is crying here she is close to her brother
she is getting me upsett so sorry i find it hard to calm down atm

I feel you my friend, although I would say perhaps take a few away from the computer, take a few deep breaths and help your wife deal with this. Very tough spot she is in....

new topics

top topics

<< 192  193  194    196  197  198 >>

join