It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 194
<< 191  192  193    195  196  197 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
So hypothetically...the fuel melts throught the containment floor and enters the ground....then what?

Does it just keep melting through the ground?

I'm ignorant to the effects of meltdowns...so any info would help.
edit on 12-3-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
CNN just reporting meltdown under way.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PGRacer

thankyou for your detailed reply , i'm glad people like you are here
i can't believe we have people that say oh nothing to see here! amazing

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Listening to Michio Kaku he said there is enough water around japan to keep pouring on the
reactors to keep them cooled down. The worst of the quakes is over....

Funny. he was also the one that said meltdown was not a possibility, that there would be and was no leak, and that there would be no environmental or human impact.

You ought to research Kaku a bit....he has a history of sugar coating nuclear incidents in japan

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Japan’s Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency (NISA) said March 12 that the explosion at the Fukushima Daiichi No. 1 nuclear plant could only have been caused by a meltdown of the reactor core, Japanese daily Nikkei reported. This statement seemed somewhat at odds with Japanese Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano’s comments earlier March 12, in which he said “the walls of the building containing the reactor were destroyed, meaning that the metal container encasing the reactor did not explode.”

NISA’s statement is significant because it is the government agency that reports to the Agency for Natural Resources and Energy within the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry. NISA works in conjunction with the Atomic Energy Commission. Its role is to provide oversight to the industry and is responsible for signing off construction of new plants, among other things. It has been criticized for approving nuclear plants on geological fault lines and for an alleged conflict of interest in regulating the nuclear sector. It was NISA that issued the order for the opening of the valve to release pressure — and thus allegedly some radiation — from the Fukushima power plant

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
So hypothetically...the fuel melts throught the containment floor and enters the ground....then what?

Does it just keep melting through the ground?

I'm ignorant to the effects of meltdowns...so any info would help.
edit on 12-3-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

Again, its all conjecture. There would likely be an explosion, after that, no one knows for sure.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Listening to Michio Kaku he said there is enough water around japan to keep pouring on the
At best the fear mongering makes things worst..

Lets not turn a blind eye but lets wait and see what happens before we cry the sky is falling.
edit on 12-3-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

www.stratfor.com... ntent=readmore&elq=c37481be769b4d429f06ad3b316f3258

link   
reply to post by hillynilly

I'll take Stratfor reports over Michio Kaku any day.

link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Funny. he was also the one that said meltdown was not a possibility, that there would be and was no leak, and that there would be no environmental or human impact.

You ought to research Kaku a bit....he has a history of sugar coating nuclear incidents in japan

You asked what I based my stance on, there you have it...

If it happens then you can spout your fear mongering, until then... Sit back and watch, there is nothing
you can do about it except STAY CALM!!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

Originally posted by projectvxn
Stratfor Global intelligence Reporting Meltdown

Stratfor Japanese Government confirms meltdown

edit on 12-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Michio Kaku doesn't have the resources Stratfor does.

link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

You asked what I based my stance on, there you have it...

If it happens then you can spout your fear mongering, until then... Sit back and watch, there is nothing
you can do about it except STAY CALM!!!!

Please, show me where I have fear mongered here. Please. I would love to see it.

I wont sit back and watch. i will seek information. You go ahead and sit back...

link   
reply to post by jude11

I just wish that whomever is in the know over there would simply man up and tell people the truth. I understand about the need to save face but when that need has the potential to negatively impact a large population (locally or otherwise) keeping people informed should supercede saving face - if for no other reason than that people can make decisions about what they need to do to protect themselves.
(I don't even want to think what could happen if the Hadron gets out of hand - tptb won't be honest if that happens either..but I digress-back on topic)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
would the militray pull back the service members if these things were to meltdown ? cnn reporting dangers increasing , showing live pictures from japan tv not looking good. they say failure to keep reactor cool. they are saying the 200 earthquakes are making this
situation worse ! says super critical phase unable to stop reaction
my god.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Michio Kaku, a Seismologist aswell as a Nuclear Physicist now. He really shouldn't have quit his day job as he gets even more egotistical everyday.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
CNN is reporting a nuclear meltdown in progress.....

Meltdown may be under way at Fukushima Daiichi's nuclear power reactor, an official with Japan's safety agency says.

www.cnn.com

link   

# 2252: Reuters: Operators are preparing to release radioactive steam from the number three reactor at Fukushima No. 1 plant, after the cooling system failed there

now i am having a heck of a hard time keeping track of which plants each of these are at.

link   

Japan's TEPCO says it is preparing to release radiation from a second reactor

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arrrr

...may be under way.

Waiting for further informations.
edit on 12-3-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust

Originally posted by Arrrr

...may be on its way.

Waiting for further informations.

No, its happening.

Cesium has been detected. Only way that happens is a meltdown.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Calm down these reactors will be fine, there will be no huge melt down....

We are fine in the states, the cloud wouldn't reach this far...

Just because your oblivious to the possible serious nature of this event which is unfolding right before your eye's,
Dont tell people to not be concerned about the world and it human occupants, just because your safe.
Lucky you.
Some of us live closer to this than you.( ITS CALLED EARTH)
So how about being a little bit more sensitive on your posts.
People have died and will continue to die from this mess.
So show some respect.

top topics

<< 191  192  193    195  196  197 >>

join