It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 192
<< 189  190  191    193  194  195 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

Actually I was more commenting to the way you said it. I think you could have said it better. Anyways sorry if it sounded 'rude' I've just been watching this tread for the get go. A lot of terrible video, my thoughts go out to everyone helping out over there.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Good summary of the recent events from Reuters:

Some developments following the major earthquake that struck northeast Japan:
- More than 1,800 people likely dead or missing from the quake and tsunami, Kyodo news agency says.
- Kyodo reports 10,000 people in one town unreachable.
* Radiation leaks from a damaged nuclear plant and explosion blows off the roof, but authorities say radiation levels now lessening.
* Around 110,000 evacuated from 20 km (12 mile) radius around the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, another 30,000 from 10 km (6 mile) radius around nearby Fukushima Daini plant.
* Up to 160 people may have been exposed to radiation, nuclear safety agency says.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
check out these links

www2.nict.go.jp...
www.solarham.com...

with magnetosphere under stress again what are the chance of another big one hitting with in next 72 hours

your input please

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Stratfor Global intelligence Reporting Meltdown

Stratfor Japanese Government confirms meltdown

edit on 12-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lordvader

the guy from the geological survey on fox said what caused that big quake was caused millions of years ago from built up tension by a
tectonic plate diving beneath another and was released with the recent
9.1 in japan so i don't think the sun is making these happen

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Stratfor Global intelligence Reporting Meltdown

Yeah, called this one...really wish i was wrong

from the source:

However, the earthquake in Japan, in addition to damaging the ability of the control rods to regulate the fuel — and the reactor’s coolant system — appears to have damaged the containment facility, and the explosion almost certainly did. Read more: Red Alert: Nuclear Meltdown at Quake-Damaged Japanese Plant | STRATFOR

edit on 12-3-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Gamecock

I see what you're saying but I wasn't thinking of far off in the pacific, as can be seen
from the link below,

USGS shaking intensity

the ground movement tapers off fairly quickly with distance
from the epicentre, if it were at about 300-400 km off the coast there would be
almost no noticeable shaking (using the scale and intensity legend) also it
would be deep enough for the tsunami to travel at around the speed of
300-500 km/h, giving them roughly an hour to prepare (Wake everyone up somehow)

Tsunami speeds and simulation

If not for extremely loud sirens, how would people along a 500km coastline be alerted.

Also not how eerily similar the simulation is on the link, to what actually happened on friday.
(note that it is a simulation of a theoretical earthquake in the pacific (not 2004))

link   
from the meltdown link

And so now the question is simple: Did the floor of the containment vessel crack? If not, the situation can still be salvaged by somehow re-containing the nuclear core. But if the floor has cracked, it is highly likely that the melting fuel will burn through the floor of the containment system and enter the ground. This has never happened before but has always been the nightmare scenario for a nuclear power event —

link   

Originally posted by dexterrules
reply to post by evilcommunist

Are you seriously trying to say that this was a planned event? I don't believe it was HAARP at all.

Finally someone making some sen...

I think it was the solar flares and storms.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Reports indicate that up to 1.5 meters (4.9 feet) of the reactor fuel was exposed. The reactor fuel appears to have at least partially melted, and the subsequent explosion has shattered the walls and roof of the containment vessel — and likely the remaining useful parts of the control and coolant systems. Read more: Red Alert: Nuclear Meltdown at Quake-Damaged Japanese Plant | STRATFOR

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

If this is true then all recent cracks in earths crust are normal.The sun can release energy that forms a backflow plasma rebound from the magnetosphere flow and physicists have noted on these rebound occasions ,earthquakes occur,its not implausable,you will note on observations on the darkside of earth increase electroflux precedes events.NOAA predicted on that info.
Just a update for all the geoaffective affects are not over according to NOAA for 12-13 th
source

Geophysical Activity Forecast: The geomagnetic field is expected to be unsettled to active for the next three days (11-13 March) with a slight chance for minor to major storm conditions, particularly at high latitudes. Effects from the 07 March CME will slowly subside during day one (11 March), but the arrival of a coronal hole high speed stream is expected to become geoeffective late on day two (12 March) through day three (13 March).

This has now been downgraded.source update

Geophysical Activity Forecast: The geomagnetic field is expected to be quiet to active for the next three days under the continued effects of the coronal hole high speed stream. There is a slight chance for minor storm conditions at high latitudes.

edit on 12-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
6.3 earthquake, near the east coast of Honshu, Japan. Mar 13 7:12am at epicenter (20m ago, 115km NE of Iwaki, depth 14k… j.mp...

link   
usgs
6.3 just struck

MAG UTC DATE-TIME
y/m/d h:m:s LAT
deg LON
deg DEPTH
km Region
MAP 6.3 2011/03/12 22:12:46 37.662 141.959 14.3 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

link   
6.3 aftershock, just now on USGS

MAP 6.3 2011/03/12 22:12:46 37.662 141.959 14.3 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

Wow 2 others got that before me, HOW??

edit on 12-3-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

link   
Fox News reporting a second reactor emergency.

No further details.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
6.3 just in. Offshore Fukushima again. I was saying just before it's been a while (over 9hrs) since the last.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
A 6.3 just hit Japan

6.3 2011/03/12 22:12:46 37.662 141.959 14.3 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

that is just what the guy from the geo survey says i dont really believe
that this recent quake was caused from something that happend millions of years ago

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Fox News reporting a second reactor emergency.

No further details.

its the #3

Japan's nuclear safety agency says Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Plant No. 3 reactor's emergency cooling system not functioning

by my count that actually makes three...
edit on 12-3-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Stratfor and other intelligence sources have nothing yet..Japanese government not being very forthcoming.

top topics

<< 189  190  191    193  194  195 >>

join