It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 188
<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsPissed
Is Japan going under???

Watch!!

that is AMAZING video thankyou for putting that up

link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Who cares about some stupid map?

Japan might sink!

link   

Okay, but the point still stands: was it that poster's responsibility to check whether the map was real or not? If it was, then isn't it also his responsibility to check if his info is 24 hours old on a "Live updates" thread? If it wasn't his responsibility to check the veracity of the map, then how was he fear-mongering?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by donhuangenaro

Originally posted by donhuangenaro

it's a big thread, and I'm sorry if it is a fake map, but it still is a possibility

Its bad info. Its fear mongering. It is irresponsible to pass it on as factual information.

I didn't say it's a fact, I said it is a possibility, do you have a reading problem?

Nope, but you obviously have a problem with facts. This map was made my a NOBODY, with no information to back it. Fallout is a possibility, but this map is nonsense.

Deny ignorance, guy. Deny ignorance.

you also have a problem similar to those poor people bringing up Pearl Harbor...

deny arrogance...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ResearchMan
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

If there is a melt down of even one reactor you will see effects that rival Chernobyl,Hiroshima,Nagasaki combined! YES I AM FEAR MONGERING! the fear of this is real!!!

edit on 12-3-2011 by ResearchMan because: (no reason given)

No, it wont be that big. But it will be bad. There is no way it could rival hiroshima.

Why?, because it won't make a big bang. Believe me, I have a bad feeling already that already tens of miles are now inhospitable to Humans for any length of time, with hundreds of miles soon to be immersed within this radiation fallout. Don't believe me? check the wind vectors and see for yourself, contrary to Japanese TV stations saying the winds are blowing out to sea, there is a High Pressure ridge which are swinging the winds back inland towards Tokyo, around a ridge of slack winds. I've watched the charts ever since this uclear incident picked up.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by kalenga
The compass is working and I have recorded the same data for over two and a half months now. The north reading remained constant on pointing north.

Originally posted by nghtshdI guess my compass is broken

When the magnetic pole shifts your compass will still point to magnetic north
no matter where that is

Of course, but it will point in a different direction relative to landmarks and the stars.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
can you bring us more videos like that ? is that happening everywhere
there or just where that guy was at ?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Was just wondering why the helicopters were already there hovering waiting for the Tsunami wave, if there was only 5 minutes time difference between the earthquake and the tsunami hitting land, can helicopters be readied for a filming assignment within 5 minutes? or were they already there for some other reason? Same as 9/11 the film crews were already at the scene waiting to film the disaster before it had even happened.

If this event was caused by the so-called 'earthquake machine' which Japan was threatened with in 2008 by the US, that would explain how the copters knew where to be at the exact time the tsunami wave was hitting land so they could film it.

Maybe I've just got a conspiratorial mind. Watching the thousands of videos from english-speaking people, they keep saying it didn't feel like a normal earthquake. Just my 0.02 cents worth.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

the disappearance of most of Japan

Edgar Cayce....

www.dreamscape.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwitina948

what does a abnormal earthquake feel like ? the only reason it felt diffrent was becuase it was a 8.9 !! can we please focus on the situation at hand and not turn this into a conspiracy !!!
edit on 12-3-2011 by GullibleUnderlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwitina948
Was just wondering why the helicopters were already there hovering waiting for the Tsunami wave, if there was only 5 minutes time difference between the earthquake and the tsunami hitting land, can helicopters be readied for a filming assignment within 5 minutes? or were they already there for some other reason? Same as 9/11 the film crews were already at the scene waiting to film the disaster before it had even happened.

If this event was caused by the so-called 'earthquake machine' which Japan was threatened with in 2008 by the US, that would explain how the copters knew where to be at the exact time the tsunami wave was hitting land so they could film it.

Maybe I've just got a conspiratorial mind. Watching the thousands of videos from english-speaking people, they keep saying it didn't feel like a normal earthquake. Just my 0.02 cents worth.

I'd imagine the helicopters were from the airport that was hit, seeing its along the same coastline and given one of them is newscrew one is definitely on assignment for something else. Not to mention sightseeing traffic, general aviation, all of which would have seen the wave beforehand with their height advantage and given the news stations ample time to broadcast the footage live on air as it was happening.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The wave came in about 20-30 minutes after the quake at the earliest, in my understanding. They were probably just filming all of the destruction, and just flew over to the coast. Helos are fast and versatile, which is why they're used for medical transport.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
USGS: More than 140 quakes mag. 4.5 and higher in NE Japan in 24 hours #quake on.cnn.com... and moving on land.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
My God that video with the groud cracking and water coming out is horrible and that's the nicest word I can find for what I saw.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

Its called Soil liquefaction - it happens when the water table is close to soil or land is man-made. The land that was shot on was, as he said in video, once Tokyo Bay. Because man-made land isnt as well set in as natural, when this type of event happens with an earthquake: water easily mixes in with the soil. Its a real issue and very well that section of land could become a lake...but Japan is not sinking. This only happens under special circumstances. Which this land meets.
en.wikipedia.org...

Japan will not sink. The entire plate would have to sink into the planet, and that can't happen without something horribly worse happening than a mega-thrust event like this.

As for the Helos... news Helos could of been in the air doing other things already... Police too. In addition to a quake that size, they would know a Tsunami is coming and easily could dust off in seconds.
edit on 12-3-2011 by Foxe because: (no reason given)

link   
You know what's sad? The whole insurance fund for damages is 64 billion $ for all people...

So if there's too much claims, well instead of giving you what you are owed, they give you what they can... so you get screwed.

Unless the government passes another law to raise that ceiling.

More details

link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

That is Scary, how big is the area we are talkng about here?

What happens if all of that bay sinks back into the ocean? Another Tsunammi?

Thank you for posting the video clip.

edit on 12-3-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
BBC are reporting 9 individuals suffering from radiation sickness and say Japanese authorities now say there is a
problem with Fukashima Number 3 reactor

link   
reply to post by observe50

you could literly see the cracks forming and the water rising threw the ground crazy ! and then the ground appeared to be floating !! you could see it bobbing up and down!!

link   

Pretty sure there was more than 5 minutes b/w quake and tsunami. I was watching it unfold and it definitely didn't seem like 5 minutes. Makes perfect sense to me that there would be helicopters in the air. I know this is a conspiracy site but not everything is a conspiracy.

top topics

<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join