It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 187
<< 184  185  186    188  189  190 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AstraCat

Japan's nuclear safety agency says Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Plant No. 3 reactor's emergency cooling system not functioning

via live.reuters.com...

I hope other reactor won't meltdown. seriously...
edit on 12-3-2011 by AstraCat because: (no reason given)

At least one other will meltdown, in my opinion. The precautions being taken around #2 are too extreme for them to not be worried about it.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Castaway65

Originally posted by Castaway65 You know what is sad? I read all the comments on Yahoo and other places like CNN and what Americans are saying about helping out Japan makes me sick,bringing up Pearl Harbor and crap like that..Even Whaling.. There people in need,and they need help...Im American and I have to say what my country men are saying makes me sick..

Originally posted by PaganArchangel

I know what you mean..personally I stay away from Yahoo..whole different element there.
ATS actually has people who are thinkers who are actually concerned about the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me god...

Happens here too on ATS

Just scroll down

Thread

edit on 12-3-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
american urban search and rescue teams on the way to japan also
rescued so far being scanned for radiation.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknotsAt least one other will meltdown, in my opinion. The precautions being taken around #2 are too extreme for them to not be worried about it.

Oh, I missed that one...

link   
9500 missing or presumed dead?

I heard it but forget if they said missing or dead.

link   
reply to post by studio500

Gadz..I see what you mean...well, in any case ATS tries to keep the idiocy down to a dull roar.
All Yahoo does is upset me because people are so awful over there. I wouldn't dare go over there now to read what they are saying about this

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

it's a big thread, and I'm sorry if it is a fake map, but it still is a possibility

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Just wanted to check in and say:

There is this feeling in the air...

I went into town for a while and everyone had these solemn looks on their faces...

It's like they are sensing what I'm sensing: that this is far from over...

I wish I could shake this feeling but I can't... I have chills right now yet its a hot day...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by donhuangenaro

it's a big thread, and I'm sorry if it is a fake map, but it still is a possibility

Its bad info. Its fear mongering. It is irresponsible to pass it on as factual information.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

If there is a melt down of even one reactor you will see effects that rival Chernobyl,Hiroshima,Nagasaki combined! YES I AM FEAR MONGERING! the fear of this is real!!!

edit on 12-3-2011 by ResearchMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If your wanting a idea of the energy needed to control these rods, and being released. Just think how many grams of weapons grade material it takes to only make critical mass through fusion. Take away the critical mass aspect and consider the size of each individual rods in just one reactor alone, nevermind 4 which are possibly overheating (one already blown.) And you'll see why the Japanese are downplaying this. Put it simply, once the chemical reaction runs past a certain point when its uncontrollable all they can do is run.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
regional exec from the geo survey says built up energy from a tectonic
plate diving under other tectonic plates millions of years ago caused this 8.9 quake.and aftershocks are moving on land and moving away from the sea floor, which will start causing more damage.fox news asks the executive of dangers of that mag quake occuring in us and
he says potential for one here in la or alaska. no link was live on fox news just now.

link   

Way to invite some good old American bashing. I too am an American and I was up all night watching in horror as this mess unfolded and spent the last two nights lying awake just sick from the utter destruction going on across the Pacific. I couldn't pray hard enough for those people and the devastation they are suffering. Your comment pointed an undeserved finger at me as well as tens of millions of other Americans.

There are bad apples in every bunch. I choose not to focus on them.
edit on 12-3-2011 by glad_to_be_His because: (no reason given)

link   

That gets back to my point a few pages ago: who has the responsibility for the information posted here----the poster, or the readers? Should the poster have the burden of checking whether something is true or breaking and not fake or old, or should the readers just ignore it and not say anything about it? Do we wait for mods to do everything? That doesn't seem to be happening except to tell us to keep the info compartmentalized. No real moderation of fake/old/off-topic posts without alerts.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ResearchMan
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

If there is a melt down of even one reactor you will see effects that rival Chernobyl,Hiroshima,Nagasaki combined! YES I AM FEAR MONGERING! the fear of this is real!!!

edit on 12-3-2011 by ResearchMan because: (no reason given)

No, it wont be that big. But it will be bad. There is no way it could rival hiroshima.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Its bad info. Its fear mongering. It is irresponsible to pass it on as factual information.

I didn't say it's a fact, I said it is a possibility, do you have a reading problem?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Is Japan going under???

Watch!!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Three Mile Island Meltdown: Richard Thornburgh's Advice for Japan thebea.st...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00

That gets back to my point a few pages ago: who has the responsibility for the information posted here----the poster, or the readers? Should the poster have the burden of checking whether something is true or breaking and not fake or old, or should the readers just ignore it and not say anything about it? Do we wait for mods to do everything? That doesn't seem to be happening except to tell us to keep the info compartmentalized. No real moderation of fake/old/off-topic posts without alerts.

I think we all should be cross referencing the things we are reading. The only reason I make a big deal about that specific map is that there is no scientific backing to it, and it can cause an unneeded panic to those on the west coast (like myself).

The other info is coming so fast and is so fluid that some bad info will inevitably be passed. But we should all do our best to be discriminating in the info.

As for the mods...well, they seem more interested in getting multiple threads starred and flagged than they are in the info being passed on. I wont wait for them on anything on this one.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

I didn't say it's a fact, I said it is a possibility, do you have a reading problem?

Nope, but you obviously have a problem with facts. This map was made my a NOBODY, with no information to back it. Fallout is a possibility, but this map is nonsense.

Deny ignorance, guy. Deny ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<< 184  185  186    188  189  190 >>

join