It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 178
<< 175  176  177    179  180  181 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Pot calling the kettle black, referring to myself at this moment. This is an off-topic post, but considering the mass amount of useless posts that continue to appear, it really seems to be on-topic at the moment.

I wish to invite any future meaningless complaints about other members posts, that continue to fill page after page of this thread, to be entered into THIS RANT THREAD!!!

link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I've been watching the news for about 24 hours now and much of it currently is just rehashes of old information. I'm not saying I enjoy troll posts, but people are finding things to talk about while waiting for more updates. That and the mods keep closing and redirecting ALL earthquake/Fukushima/Japanese threads into this one.

You would do well to tone down the attitude mate, that kind of thing loses peoples respect here on ATS.

link   
As for some real news...as in ON TOPIC...

BBC is reporting that Japan is probably downplaying the severity of the Reactor situation, so as not to cause panic.

Just want to put up some links to live feed for all the newcomers.

www.bbc.co.uk...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

wwitv.com...

hisz.rsoe.hu...

strictlyhonest.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I think we should probably move all nuclear related information to this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not trying to be rude i just think it would be easier than picking apart the "on topic" posts in this one.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I've got a good solution:

If you're not sure whether it's been reported or not, check out HuffPost's great LiveBlog on the topic. It's not updated every two seconds with little info, it's pretty much the important stuff and that's it. So, check there first (or any other LiveBlog you might be watching---post the link here if you have one!) to see if it's "new news" or "old news" and then we can all come to this thread just for the up-to-the-second stuff, the speculative stuff, and the discussion of the info.

Let's all work together to keep the thread clean and informative, cool?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This doesn't look like an 8' wave did this.

www.cnn.com...#/video/bestoftv/2011/03/11/exp.ac.gaherty.compares.quake.cnn?hpt=T1

My friend in the Touhoku area of Tokyo says that most everything around her is gone. Her and her family are okay, but there are bodies everywhere. I'm working to get a link going to donate money to send me over there ASAP to help with the clean up. I fear for the life of one of my other friends, as I have only heard from 2 of the 3 in Tokyo. I am in Austin, TX and can leave no earlier than the 21st. Please, if you know of anyone who can help with a flight, let me know as soon as possible!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

Completely agree. I trust those nuclear officials about as far as I can throw them. It's not likely that they will tell us anything until we absolutely have to know it, and they won't admit anything that there's not hard evidence of. Why would they risk their jobs in the future admitting that the plants aren't safe and can never be made safe?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

I've been watching the news for about 24 hours now and much of it currently is just rehashes of old information. I'm not saying I enjoy troll posts, but people are finding things to talk about while waiting for more updates. That and the mods keep closing and redirecting ALL earthquake/Fukushima/Japanese threads into this one.

You would do well to tone down the attitude mate, that kind of thing loses peoples respect here on ATS.

Notice I apologized since you edited your post. I apologize for the harshness of my posts. I just woke up to yelling kids and a messy house.

I will not post another post on this thread unless it directs to the op or topic. Going to go smoke now.

Back on topic: Oh, how many pages back does it talk about the explosion? Can anybody tell me?

EDIT: Thank you for the links to catch me up Mutant.
edit on 12-3-2011 by liejunkie01 because: EDIT

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Not to mention the panic that would spread throughout the quake and tsunami ravaged regions. I think they are trying to avoid mass panic at this point. I don't think the international community will hold it against them, that this has happened, it could have been any plant in the world. I really think they are downplaying this for the citizens of the world, not the govs.
edit on 12-3-2011 by mutantgenius because: doh...forgot how to write!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Fukushima, Japan - Nuclear Reactor Explosion - March 12, 2011
www.youtube.com...

Media to follow news...

realitycheck.no-ip.info...
realitycheck.no-ip.info...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xterrain
This doesn't look like an 8' wave did this.

8 foot wave no, but an 8 meter wave could.

8 meters = 26.2467192 feet

Source: Google Calculator

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Just saw it then, no worries mate

I've got two twitter searches on watch - they have plenty of links to the explosion:

search.twitter.com...

search.twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Much better
Looks like I dont have to leave here after all, maybe you haven't slept much I know I haven't I can understnad why you would get frustrated while looking for new news and getting the back and forth constantly like we all have.

Apparently the fact that they are using Sea water is a huge sign they have no better alternative and are at a last resort stage, hopefully it gets under control soon cause we will all be affacted if a huge leak begins!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Sky news and Japanese governmt confirmed that the early explosion radiation leaked at least three persons were cook$%%#@ but nuclear reactor no damaged ...yet

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
New and Shallow.

Magnitude 6.0
Date-Time

* Saturday, March 12, 2011 at 17:19:23 UTC
* Sunday, March 13, 2011 at 03:19:23 AM at epicenter
* Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 36.573°N, 142.645°E
Depth 4.3 km (2.7 miles)

On another note,

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Just went down. Anyone else bring it up?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Everything is okay with the reactor...um, just eat these iodine pills, we want to make sure everybody has a healthy thyroid, don't want anybody with brittle hair and weight problems on top of everything else...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Here is more info on that 6.0

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Interactive Quake map with an embedded collection of photos and youtube vids from the area.

www.esri.com...

link   
reply to post by jude11

Reuters main site was down for a few minutes, it might be the high traffic. USGS is still up

ETA: No I cant bring it up

edit on 12-3-2011 by mutantgenius because: add info

link   
Sorry if its been posted but but I just wanted to clear up some controversy. Apparently, a huge explosion has rocked a Japanese nuclear power plant and it was damaged.
www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 12-3-2011 by Askepios because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 175  176  177    179  180  181 >>

join